The Beer Thread

I just recently got reacquainted with Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barley Wine Style Ale. 90 IBUs and 9.6% ABV. I'm salivating right now just thinking about it.

That beer is mind blowing! I just pick up a couple cases of Great Lakes - Conway's Irish Ale.

For some reason I love this beer to death!

I just recently got reacquainted with Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barley Wine Style Ale. 90 IBUs and 9.6% ABV. I'm salivating right now just thinking about it.

That beer is mind blowing! I just pick up a couple cases of Great Lakes - Conway's Irish Ale.

I'll have to give that Conway's another shot. I remember trying it a couple of years ago and it seemed a bit bland to me. However, my palate tends to change quite often so I'm due for another shot at it.

I'll have to give that Conway's another shot. I remember trying it a couple of years ago and it seemed a bit bland to me. However, my palate tends to change quite often so I'm due for another shot at it.

Yea, I understand that it is not their best beer, but for some reason it just is awesome....and makes your poop a festive Irish Orange!

i tried a bud light platinum on saturday night. wasn't bad at all to be honest.

I haven't had Sierra Nevada anything. I should get on this?

certainly, they're known for their delicious pale ale and probably the easiest to get.

Nah they definitely still make that swill; it's up here in MD liqour stores. Why would you guys want that stuff? Reliving some Elliott Smith songs eh??

But Champale DEFINITELY exists, in all it's ridiculousness. I think one of the only places on the east coast you can still find it though is Ohio. It's mostly a hood drink out west now haha.

[image]

Champale: it truly is, something else.

Anybody on ratebeer.com? whats your username?

mine is thewolfofdusk.

I've been drinking a good amount of IPAs lately, the Dogfish head 90 minute is a current favorite, supposedly there are some 120 minute bottle out in the wild. but i have to track them down.

and theres some Thrash Metal from Jester King floating around too, gonna try and get those tracked down too. Jester King stuff is fucking amazing.

Anybody on ratebeer.com? whats your username?

mine is thewolfofdusk.

I've been drinking a good amount of IPAs lately, the Dogfish head 90 minute is a current favorite, supposedly there are some 120 minute bottle out in the wild. but i have to track them down.

I've had the 120 minute...and it's MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME!

I live in Missoula and we have some amazing breweries here. Bayern, Flathead Lake, Draftworks, but in my opinion Kettlehouse takes the gold. They have a seasonal Dopplebock that is hands down my fav. Moose Drool is widely distributed but if you can find cans of Kettlehouse's Cold Smoke you should give it a try. A smooth Scotch Ale that is vastly popular.

You guys have to try a New Belgium. My favorite is the Fat Tire.

First time I tried it I didn't like it. The next time I tried it, I was playing a show and a drunk guy came up and gave it to me so I chugged it on stage. I liked it ever since.

Nice, glad you changed your mind you should try the 1554 its same flavors as the fat tire but much darker and richer.