• 2 weeks later...

Self Defense Family Family have quickly become my favorite band.

They've grown on me tremendously over the last year or so.  The material released as End of a Year didn't resonate with me quite like the post-name change music does.  I thought it was good, but they weren't so infectious.

You Are Beneath Her is a fucking fantastic 7" tho

I can't agree more.  I haven't listened to Try Me yet, but as of right now You Are Beneath Her is my favorite release of theirs.

I finally got around listened to the latest Deathcast (with Pat and Jeremy), really entertaining listen.  Made migrating servers much more enjoyable.

i agree with jonrawks. Their EoaY stuff was decent, but SDF material is miles ahead. i'm not even sure if there are different members now or what, but the material from the Island 7"s on is stellar.

Got mine today with my DW flag and Bossk. Really loving the packaging of the record. From the gatefold to the record labels. Music wise it's my favorite record this year and probably my favorite thing they have done. I love the fact that they challenge you as a listener and are always changing and evolving.