Childish Gambino - Because The Internet

Can't wait for Pharos either, I heard it's way different from Because the Internet, like more go-go type stuff. Loved Camp and Because the Internet was way different from it so it took me a bit to get into, but eventually loved it too. Definitely excited for something even more different and weird haha

Can't wait for Pharos either, I heard it's way different from Because the Internet, like more go-go type stuff. Loved Camp and Because the Internet was way different from it so it took me a bit to get into, but eventually loved it too. Definitely excited for something even more different and weird haha

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Looks like this is back in stock/print? ImportCD's and Collector's Choice have it listed in different places for around $34ppd. SRC lists it as having the screenplay and being the same as the RSD version. Sorry if this is common knowledge.

yep, same version.  it's a really nice package for anyone on the fence

(especially with those incoming flames on the horizon)

Just now, Mahankind said:

Looks like this is popping up all over the place as being back in stock. Though these were limited to 5000 copies? Is this is a new pressing? Anyone know?

New pressing that's exactly like the RSD one. SRC announced it in their newsletter this week.

I also bought a copy of Camp on Amazon this week for $38ppd, a few retailers stocked a bunch. Unsure if that's been repressed as well.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Did you misspell "scummy"? Because I agree, SRC listing it at like $45 before shipping is ridiculous. CC was selling copies on Discogs for $33ppd earlier this week.

yep, and thats where i brought from (CC). no info about a repress, just straight up said it was the RSD version. i for some reason doubt it will have the RSD sticker....

as for scummy/scammy, i like to utilize my own terminology at times. its both scummy and scammy

Not sure what the debate is here (that these online stores have specifically called it the RSD version? The RSD and after RSD versions have always been identical so who cares?).

http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7099

This release was always listed as a RSD first, so they can press as many identical runs as they want going forward and haven't lied to anyone. They don't have to announce that they've pressed more.

• 1 month later...

So I got some bad personal news this week and cheered myself by picking up both Camp and Because The Internet. Also spotted a vinyl version of STN MTN/Kauai and was wondering if anyone could comment on the sound quality of that before I plunge further into retail therapy mode. I'm not a mad audiophile but if it's total dogshit I'd like to know.

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

So I got some bad personal news this week and cheered myself by picking up both Camp and Because The Internet. Also spotted a vinyl version of STN MTN/Kauai and was wondering if anyone could comment on the sound quality of that before I plunge further into retail therapy mode. I'm not a mad audiophile but if it's total dogshit I'd like to know.

I have it and it sounds really, really

good.  I'd say go for it.

• 3 years later...
13 hours ago, s_alvanip said:

Did this ever go out of print? I always see this at my local store (I think it comes with the script, too).

briefly, I think. Recently people on Discogs/Reddit/eBay have been paying $100+ for it because it's sold out everywhere online, but I found a copy in-store a couple months ago

to my knowledge, the only difference between the RSD and the repress is URP's circled "U" logo in the deadwax on the repress. pretty sure both have (identical?) hype stickers. I wonder if these new copies will also be the same packaging