Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

Unbelieveable that Idle Will Kill is getting pressed on vinyl (in pink no less!). I never thought I would see the day, didn't think there would be enough interest for them to do it.  But I am so glad they did. I ended up ordering the black and pink versions because this is my all time favorite album.

How are the Epitaph re-presses, pretty good?

I had never heard Idle Will Kill, but when I saw it amongst the reissues I decided to check it out on Spotify.  I ordered a pink copy, which will be my first copy of the album.

really? i've been looking a fair bit and can't seem to find one :blink:

Looks like a few of the places have sold out of the retail version. There's a hot topic variant coming too.

Here's a Red though - http://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation-the-bouncing-souls/26913294?ean=45778660636

No problem dude!

I'm just being obsessive about the repress is because it's my favorite NOFX record, and maybe my favorite record ever. Kind of bummed though because my red copy had a skip in "Green Corn" right from Epitaph. Who do I complain to about that? Haha.

I'd like to have all the variants at some point, but fuck, the "condom colored (get it?)" one from the first press will probably cost me like $150.

Kind of bummed though because my red copy had a skip in "Green Corn" right from Epitaph. Who do I complain to about that? Haha.

No shit?!  Mine did too.  I got my copy from No Idea though and it's on black.  I got to say though that I have horrible luck with epitaph pressings.  I've had multiple other brand new records with skips that needed a liquid cleaning to correct.  Then they work fine. They were just dirty directly from the plant or something with no visual defects.  I have been unable to correct that Green Corn skip though.  

Maybe I can take it up directly with Epitaph then. Where is your skip in "Green Corn?" Mine is just a few measures in, a couple seconds before Mike starts singing. It's about a second-long skip if I remember, but I'll have to play it again to be sure.

Also, how much did you pay for the black one from No Idea? I might have to get that too if they're not all gone.

Another press of SLATFATS would be killer! White Trash has enough colors already if you ask me (didn't they do four colors between 2008-2010?), but that won't stop me from getting the indie store and Hot Topic colors this year (and probably Epitaph if they have their own... can't help it).

It'd be nice to get SLATFATS on a cool marble or split that looks nice with the sleeve.

I have to say I have no idea how or why Epitaph does represses the way they do. They said the last Punk in Drublic press would be the last colored one, but that record turns 20 this year - no celebration, no remaster? That'd be a huge cash cow. S&M Airlines will be 25, too. But I guess that album isn't nearly as popular.

Maybe I can take it up directly with Epitaph then. Where is your skip in "Green Corn?" Mine is just a few measures in, a couple seconds before Mike starts singing. It's about a second-long skip if I remember, but I'll have to play it again to be sure.

Also, how much did you pay for the black one from No Idea? I might have to get that too if they're not all gone.

OK, yeah, on mine Mike is singing already (can't remember exact spot), but it is a very minor forward skip.  

I checked No Idea and it looks like Ribbed is still in stock for 15.75.  Not sure if it's still black in stock though.  I don't care about the variants too much, but mine feels heavy.  Almost like 180g, but I'm not familiar enough with the Ribbed pressings to know if this got released in that format.  I do know that No Idea is awesome and I'm sure that if you hit Matt or Ryan up over there, they would be more than happy to checking pressing info if it's possible. 

Looks like a few of the places have sold out of the retail version. There's a hot topic variant coming too.

Here's a Red though - http://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation-the-bouncing-souls/26913294?ean=45778660636

thanks bud, seems they don't ship to the UK though, will keep searching!

my mail has been slightly...problematic lately, so i was pretty happy to see a few of these trickle in the past few days.

as expected, how i spent my summer vacation is a really nice translucent red. looks awesome with that center label.

12663838464_b2f247b9cc_z.jpg

for monkeys looks awesome. really nice translucent purple. 

12663460303_f462f98c99_z.jpg

impossible to see against the full-color inner sleeve, so...boom:

12663420263_b5fc4ca0d1_z.jpg

against the grain..again, i'm not loving the color. it's really more of an orange or gold than yellow (t's a bit darker in person than it looks in the pic). i was really hoping for a nice pale opaque yellow, especially since the purple is opaque and looks awesome. anyone wanna trade or buy this off me for cost + shipping? i've spent too much on these represses already to justify buying another copy :/

12663340095_d11b8e4b7a_z.jpg

Wow they look awesome

So confused by all of this...

Someone should create a summarization of repress colors/amounts. I'm just going with interpunk for the souls (I still need manical laughter and TGTBATA) and kingsroad for both Rancid and Souls S/T's. I think the only thing left on the list that I'm interested in is everything sucks.