Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

Got an email from KRM/Epitaph about "Life On A Plate":

Secondly, we're writing to let you know that we're slated to receive "Life On A Plate" on Friday (March 7th) from our manufacturer. While the date of delivery has changed, and is later than expected, we'll be working dilligently on receiving a shipping all of the orders for this classic album. We appreciate your patience because we hate making people wait unnecessarily.

So, It seems that it's going to take a while till they ship it

Secondly, we're writing to let you know that we're slated to receive "Life On A Plate" on Friday (March 7th) from our manufacturer. While the date of delivery has changed, and is later than expected, we'll be working dilligently on receiving a shipping all of the orders for this classic album. We appreciate your patience because we hate making people wait unnecessarily.

Figured that's what was going to hold my order up. Of the 4 LPs I ordered, that was the only one without a picture of the physical LP. Hope they get it soon...

And ironic that it was the first one of the batch to sell out as well... 

I also just received this email.. Hmm I wonder if they are going to divide my orders in half. I want my PBP!

It was originally supposed to ship last week (The week of 2/24). They are just now getting around to emailing everyone about it. Which is well over a week then they were originally supposed to ship it out. This email should have came last week on 2/24. But thanks for down voting me anyways!

I didn't down vote you. Have you ever preordered a record before? Delays happen chill out, I doubt they are going to steal your money.

Delays in pre-ordered vinyl are more common than you think. Only time I've been burned on it is by MTS during the great TOYPAJ fiasco of 2009 (is that when it was?) and that was an isolated incident. Yeah, I've had to wait some incredibly long times on rare occasion but I always eventually received the items. A vast majority of the records sold by various sites are ultimately produced from a small number of pressing plants. Sometimes big labels with a shitload of money to throw at rushing things and meeting "deadlines" clog up the system like all the Beatles represses from last year. I'm sure someone who knows more about the production end of vinyl could elaborate but the point is, log jams occur and delays happen. They are frustrating, I know. And we have all experienced them. But in the vinyl collecting game you learn to be patient or you go elsewhere.

It was originally supposed to ship last week (The week of 2/24). They are just now getting around to emailing everyone about it. Which is well over a week then they were originally supposed to ship it out. This email should have came last week on 2/24. But thanks for down voting me anyways!

So cancel your order.

I didn't down vote you. Have you ever preordered a record before? Delays happen chill out, I doubt they are going to steal your money.

I've preordered lots, just saying if they know about the delay ahead of time they should have been upfront. I've ordered from KRM from before and know they aren't going to steal my money. Used the wrong wording, but yes I get what you are saying.

Here's the deal: I work at a screen printing shop that handles some big clients and their distro. Delays happen for ANY NUMBER OF REASONS, even in t-shirt industry. Shit you wouldn't think would happen: shirts advertised on a color that went out of the rotation before orders could be fulfilled, inks being delayed, over/under problems, etc... Think about the INSANE amount of things that could go wrong at a pressing plant. Chances are that it's a Record Store Day kind of hold up, seeing as it's right around the corner, but y'all need to simmer down now, y'hear? You should see some of the illiterate sorts of emails I get up at work. Don't be that guy.

My bad, guys. I would have appreciated more communication from Epitaph or KRM, that's all. I get that delays happen, and I wasn't complaining about that. 

Right, I am relatively new to this. I've been buying vinyl from brick-and-mortar shops for a few years, but I just recently got into the online game. This order was my first time buying direct-from-label, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The tracking numbers I've received from other members of VC have, y'know, returned valid info, so it was strange that KRM sent me an invalid one.

In any case, it's returning info now, so I apologize for my overreaction.

1. Thank you for supporting brick and mortar.

2. Tracking numbers you get, y'know, from the post office are scanned then and there for direct input.

3. Most labels to fulfill large orders print out massive amounts of shipping labels, pack the record then apply the label, or some sort of variation.

4. It's not strange to get an email with shipping info and have it not be updated as soon as you get it. 

5. Thank you for supporting brick and mortar.

This isn't even a bad pre-order. It's hardly passed the initial release date.

Where's Juan to explain to you guys how you never would have made it through the 90's?

HAHAHA these chodes couldn't have made it through the MTS delay game. If I get a P/O within a month of "ship date" I consider that a success

I hadn't realized that tracking numbers could be affixed to the package without the first step being completed ("Digital information received" or whatever it is). Now that I think about it, it actually does make much more sense and certainly saves money that you can print it out and put it on before it's received or validated. I always thought the tracking label was pasted on separately at the PO, because I don't usually scrutinize my mail very closely.

I was an idiot. My bad, again. At least I learned some shit! Thanks for the info.

Well, it's coming up here fast as shit and will probably be here tomorrow according to USPS, so I should have just bit my tongue to begin with.

Wish I had more experience with shit like this in the 90s, or money orders. Then I'd really know what it's like. ;^)

I've received a mail from Epitaph/KRM:

First off, we would like to give everyone a sincere thank you for the support for the Epitaph Reissue Vinyl. We've had a great response and hope that there will be more further down the line!

Thank you again for all the support and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Epitaph & Kings Road
[email protected]

You're right... I do need to chill out. But I haven't received any emails from them & I'd just like to know whats up w/ my order. Another user says they've received their Pennywise: About Time but not the rest of their order. I just find it odd people are already receiving at least that one (which I ordered) & I've heard nothing. I'll be the first to admit I'm an impatient bastard... all I want is some sort of contact from KRM. $75 isn't a lot to most people but it is to me & I could have used that for something else in the meantime. One simple email letting me know whats up & I could chill a lot easier.