Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

Great, my Epitaph bad luck struck again...

I just got my order in and all three of my Millencolin records are fucked. All three came in warped...penny bridge will at least play fine, but the other two skip towards the end.

I received multiple older records in the same shipment that were fine including: 2 Pulley albums, Alkaline Trio, and a Ten Foot Pole LP...Only the represses were warped.

This leads me to believe that it didn't occur in the shipment to me.

Anybody else encounter any problems? Guess Ill call Kingsroad tomorrow, but by reading their exchange/return policy it doesn't look like it will go smoothly. We'll see...

My For Monkeys is also warped. My pennywise records that came together with it are fine. I had a few skips the first time I played it. But the second time it played fine. I'm still waiting for Pennybridge and Life on a plate to come in so I hope they aren't warped.

For whatever reason the HT variants seem to be taking longer to press. The street dates I posted are based on when I was told by the label when they could deliver them. Been waiting on these for months, I'm not holding anything back in a warehouse or something. They will get shipped out as soon as they arrive.

So are the dates on the first page still current for ordering?

So are the dates on the first page still current for ordering?

These are the dates they should be in stores/online

I was told Pennywise S/T was ready to go which is why I had it as the same street date as NOFX Ribbed but now Pennywise S/T is 4/1

The rest should still be whatever street date is listed in the OP. If they tell me anything else is getting bumped I'll post it here.

Thanks for the info Travis!

The street date listed for SLATFATS and Punk in Drublic is 3/25. So even if Hot Topic doesn't get their exclusives on that day, I should be prepared to order the indie variants, right? I can't really be sure because Ribbed was available from Bullmoose on 1/28, but not from Hot Topic until 3/11.

Great, my Epitaph bad luck struck again...

I just got my order in and all three of my Millencolin records are fucked. All three came in warped...penny bridge will at least play fine, but the other two skip towards the end.

I received multiple older records in the same shipment that were fine including: 2 Pulley albums, Alkaline Trio, and a Ten Foot Pole LP...Only the represses were warped.

This leads me to believe that it didn't occur in the shipment to me.

Anybody else encounter any problems? Guess Ill call Kingsroad tomorrow, but by reading their exchange/return policy it doesn't look like it will go smoothly. We'll see...

This has happened here too. Damaged LPs mixed with ones that were fine with no damage to the box they were all shipped in. I've also had LPs that were fine and sealed but had badly bent inner picture sleeves when opened. KRM has been very good about returns/exchanges but it would be nice if they could get their warehouse and website issues down to a minimum.

Is KRM doing variant represses of all the ones HT is releasing in the next few weeks? Specifically NOFX (SL&TFATS, PID, WTTH&AB), Rancid (AOCTW & LWW) & Bad Religion? I missed the ones from a few years ago. I see they have Refused up as their newest pre-order.

I don't think so, or at least I hope not. Two copies of each NOFX record is already going to stretch me thin - I don't want a third variant from KRM this year. Also, I don't really see why they would do it other than as a cash-grab. Each color they press them on this year is a color they can't press it on later on, so I'd be willing to bet that they'll do HT and indie exclusives this year, and probably HT exclusives and their own variants in 2015 or 2016.

Just my speculation though.

(On a side note, I am wondering why S&M Airlines is so often excluded from the represses - especially if Eating Lamb is getting pressed this year. I like S&M Airlines a lot.)

Is KRM doing variant represses of all the ones HT is releasing in the next few weeks? Specifically NOFX (SL&TFATS, PID, WTTH&AB), Rancid (AOCTW & LWW) & Bad Religion? I missed the ones from a few years ago. I see they have Refused up as their newest pre-order.

Most likely yes. It will also be the cheapest to order as well.

Good points, thanks! Agree w/ you on S&M.... wouldn't mind a I Heard They Suck Live repress either but I know they did that in 2010.

Also, If any Epitaph employee reads these: A PENNYWISE FULL CIRCLE repress would be immensely appreciated!!! I would buy like 5 copies just to show you guys its worth repressing. As far as I know the only press is the original but I've been wrong many times before.

Good points, thanks! Agree w/ you on S&M.... wouldn't mind a I Heard They Suck Live repress either but I know they did that in 2010.

I was going to include that in my post, but I remembered that was actually a Fat Wreck release and Epitaph wouldn't be able to press it. Such a great album - I've been listening to it a bunch lately. I can't decide if I like that or TAGWL better.

Most likely yes. It will also be the cheapest to order as well.

That is a good point. KRM exclusives would only be about $20ppd for me, which is significantly cheaper than the ones from Hot Topic at $27 after tax and shipping. Sorry, I'm just not willing to pay that much for an Eating Lamb repress.  :P The good news is that my local HT does BOGOF or BOGO 1/2 off pretty often, so hopefully I'll be able to get some good deals on these... if they ever show up! I've been calling these guys almost daily and I'm sure they're sick of me by now.

Ah, that's right. Well Fat Wreck Chords get on it!!! Hahaha...

Right! I got my hopes up for a repress of TAGWL when I saw they repressed that Lawrence Arms 7" ... maybe they'll do it some day (soon!). 

I have no idea what KRM is doing as far as titles/color variants for their own store or what timeline they are working with for the indie store colors on any of this stuff either. The info I posted is just what I know about the HT exclusives.

Alright, thanks Travis. I will keep my eyes peeled and watch Bullmoose like a hawk, and report back here with my findings. I don't want anyone to miss out on these. 

Bullmoose.... that's who I was trying to think of for a go-to store for the indie variants! Thanks!

No problem dude! I can't say enough nice things about Bullmoose. I decided to shell out an extra two dollars for speedy shipping on my copy of Ribbed, and it came in like three days from Maine. Maine!

I honestly hope that KRM don't do NOFX represses too. It's only been a year after the box set was released. They have repressed the NOFX records enough already. They should concentrate on the rest of their back Cataloge.

Keeping stuff in print is good. No one is obligated to buy every single color that comes out of a record.

It's not like they cant repress other stuff as well just cause they are repressing NOFX and BR for the 10th, 11th, 12th time....

Keeping stuff in print is good. No one is obligated to buy every single color that comes out of a record.

It's not like they cant repress other stuff as well just cause they are repressing NOFX and BR for the 10th, 11th, 12th time....

"No one is obligated to buy every single color that comes out of a record."

Thank god someone gets it. Haha. I'd love to see some new NOFX pressings. Keep up the good fight Trav

This is true, but with two /800 variants of each record (for example, indie red and HT clear for Ribbed), that is 1,600 more copies in circulation for a niche market that basically consists of variant collectors, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have any issue with their exclusive variants of Millencolin or Pennywise, or whatever. It's cool that they're selling those directly from KRM for less than what a Hot Topic exclusive would cost you. But to look at this from Epitaph/KRM's perspective (which is, "Give me all your fucking money please"), it makes more sense - in my opinion - to do a KRM exclusive color for these NOFX records in the next wave of represses, be that next year, the year after, whenever.

"No one is obligated to buy every single color that comes out of a record."

This is true, of course. But Epitaph and KRM know - it's as easy as an eBay search for any of these limited variants - that people will.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, I'm just presenting my opinion.