Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

I dunno, I really have no solid info at all yet. I have no idea if I can even get more of these pressed. I dunno if they would press more on the same colors or do new colors or nothing at all. I am trying to get more of the current batch of titles plus a lot more stuff. If/when that ever gets confirmed I'll post it here.

Anything by the Matches :)

Looks clear with the pic on the website.

Yep, looks like the standard transparent blue that comes 90% of the time when the description is just "blue".  I was hoping it would be an opaque light (sky) blue to match the cover art.  Seems like it would be easy (and obvious) to do it that way, but who knows....    

Hey Travis!

Is the Hot Topic Against The Grain variant ever going to be up on the website?  It's puple supposedly, right?  I need to snag No Control on blue and see that it's available on the HT website.  Also, any idea when Generator is going to be up?  Much thanks dude!

And if they're not going to be online, any idea if a HT in/near Boston has them in stock by chance?

they (HT) don't reply for about 36 hours.

they may have sold out before the release date.  many stores are selling their copies early.  just saw a pic on another forum of the gray generator that comes out the 15th.

That's great. But how/why do they sold out their vinyl before the release date? Where else can I buy HT exclusive vinyl than in HT store?

That's great. But how/why do they sold out their vinyl before the release date? Where else can I buy HT exclusive vinyl than in HT store?

well, unfortunately no one is regulating ht bc they are not a "record store"  also the release dates are probably informal because they aren't initial releases, so there is no penalty for selling early.

if you can't get em at hot topic, you have to get em on ebay.   unless you want a different color, which may be available at kings road or at your local indie store.

i feel your pain.  4 hot topics near me.  none have anything beyond the january releases.  missed life wont wait and punk in drublic.

well, unfortunately no one is regulating ht bc they are not a "record store" also the release dates are probably informal because they aren't initial releases, so there is no penalty for selling early.

if you can't get em at hot topic, you have to get em on ebay. unless you want a different color, which may be available at kings road or at your local indie store.

i feel your pain. 4 hot topics near me. none have anything beyond the january releases. missed life wont wait and punk in drublic.

Punk in Drublic has been showing up again on the HT website sporadically. Seems like Epitaph are finding more copies in their warehouse and sending them over. If you watch like a hawk you may be able to get a copy and save yourself $20 from eBay prices.

Good luck!

Hot Topic is the one who has problems with their stock counter. I don't think Epitaph would double check their warehouse to send and leftovers over. They should have shipped them all and if anything they would show up on the Kings Road site at a way later date like the original green press of Punk In Drublic and the blue Ribbed did a few years back. I think they were pressed in 2010 and showed up at Kings Road in late 2011/early 2012.

I mean theres some other weird things that have been said in this thread, but believing anything the guy with 3 posts has to say is LOLworthy. Almost as funny as that Jetboy dude in the 6131 thread. Patience is a lost art.

These release dates I posted are just to give you guys a general idea on when they are getting to stores/online. These records all came out a long time ago, stores can sell them as soon as they get them in. Just keep an eye on the site for stuff to go up for sale, if a specific title arrives to HT a couple days late its going to be a couple days late getting up on the site

Hot Topic is the one who has problems with their stock counter. I don't think Epitaph would double check their warehouse to send and leftovers over. They should have shipped them all and if anything they would show up on the Kings Road site at a way later date like the original green press of Punk In Drublic and the blue Ribbed did a few years back. I think they were pressed in 2010 and showed up at Kings Road in late 2011/early 2012.

I mean theres some other weird things that have been said in this thread, but believing anything the guy with 3 posts has to say is LOLworthy. Almost as funny as that Jetboy dude in the 6131 thread. Patience is a lost art.

what did i say that was "lolworthy" as you put it?

in fact i didn't say anything that was a counter to what you've said.  so, i don't get it.  i just joined the forum and this topic interests me. 

and yes, hot topic does notoriously have stock counter issues.  when i talked to one of their reps, they stated that the reason it was put back on the site a couple times is because they "had returns" on punk in drublic on pink.  

what did i say that was "lolworthy" as you put it?

in fact i didn't say anything that was a counter to what you've said.  so, i don't get it.  i just joined the forum and this topic interests me. 

and yes, hot topic does notoriously have stock counter issues.  when i talked to one of their reps, they stated that the reason it was put back on the site a couple times is because they "had returns" on punk in drublic on pink.  

I actually did confuse a few of your posts with benjudge, so my apologies. But they wouldn't sell out records before the release date unless they were shorted records (as mentioned for Life Won't Wait) and they never put it up for sale online. They would otherwise set some for stores and set some for online. That was a bit of misinformation. 

I actually did confuse a few of your posts with benjudge, so my apologies. But they wouldn't sell out records before the release date unless they were shorted records (as mentioned for Life Won't Wait) and they never put it up for sale online. They would otherwise set some for stores and set some for online. That was a bit of misinformation. 

fair enough.  it was merely a theory on my part, hence the "may have".  and yes, that theory is jaded by the fact that i think hot topic mishandles record sales in general.  not trying to misinform anyone, however.

as fair as life won't wait...and i don't know if this has been mentioned yet....i talked with a "representative for the president" with hot topic and she informed me that their buyer told her that they may be getting more of life won't wait as well as punk in drublic in early summer.

fair enough.  it was merely a theory on my part, hence the "may have".  and yes, that theory is jaded by the fact that i think hot topic mishandles record sales in general.  not trying to misinform anyone, however.

as fair as life won't wait...and i don't know if this has been mentioned yet....i talked with a "representative for the president" with hot topic and she informed me that their buyer told her that they may be getting more of life won't wait as well as punk in drublic in early summer.

Hi, I'm that Buyer. Yea, I'm attempting to get Epitaph to press more of all this stuff but if or when that will happen has not been confirmed at all yet.

Right, good point. I didn't think about that. Speaking of things being found and put up on the website again, I can't seem to access it right now but SmokedDecline gave me a heads-up that the red copies of Hectic by Operation Ivy were back up. Thanks dude!

Hi, I'm that Buyer. Yea, I'm attempting to get Epitaph to press more of all this stuff but if or when that will happen has not been confirmed at all yet.

Thanks for answering my question about S&M Airlines and Liberal Animation. We're lucky that you like NOFX, haha!

Anyway, I have another question. I read somewhere around here that what you do as the music buyer for Hot Topic is to basically say to record labels/pressing plants, "If you press X copies of Y record, I (Hot Topic) will buy all of them," which is why Hot Topic doesn't end up with its name on the back of the sleeve because it's not officially the distributor, or whatever the "official" terminology would be. Is that accurate? It's not really an important question, I'm just sorta curious about what exactly your job entails.  B)