Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

so many awesome records getting reissued for hot topic only.  i just wish their shipping department cared.  i've ordered a total of 6 epitaph reissues.  all 6 have arrived damaged.  it's sad really.  

Was it packed properly? A lot of times things are packed correctly and USPS just tosses stuff around and records end up getting damaged in transit.

Was it packed properly? A lot of times things are packed correctly and USPS just tosses stuff around and records end up getting damaged in transit.

What kind of damage? Is the mailer damaged also or just the vinyl? Just curious. I see many people on here complain about HT shipping damage & am constantly surprised as its never happened to me.

one batch was definitely ups or usps (went through both) as the box was beaten badly.  one inch of one corner of all three was bent upwards pretty badly

the other, 3 of 4 corners on all records were abused.  it's hard to tell who was at fault because the box looked fine.  but i know usps is rather abusive.

i have noticed that the boxes hot topic use are a little thin and they don't pull em tight when they tape em.  sometimes they use additional pads, and sometimes they don't.  i just wish they would use boxing practices like soundstagedirect if they are going to be carrying so many sought after records.  

Not familiar w/ soundstage but I do wonder why HT doesn't use vinyl specific mailers like the ones Mondo, KRM or Music Record Shop use. Hell even Amazon uses those style now & has for about a year. Vinyl is obviously very popular at HT & definitely sells well. It would cut down on returns & complaints. Maybe some day.

Technically they do. the style I'm talking about are bigger than a vinyl, have two smaller cardboard flaps you put the record in between, then you close the other side & they sticker shut, then are opened by a pull tag. It's hard to describe. I'd post a pic but don't have that option on these boards. I've had less damage with these than the standard 12" square style mailer. I'm not complaining about my personal experiences.... HT packs mine well & have always been happy. Especially when they use the big bubbled insert sleeve.

Technically they do. the style I'm talking about are bigger than a vinyl, have two smaller cardboard flaps you put the record in between, then you close the other side & they sticker shut, then are opened by a pull tag. It's hard to describe. I'd post a pic but don't have that option on these boards. I've had less damage with these than the standard 12" square style mailer. I'm not complaining about my personal experiences.... HT packs mine well & have always been happy. Especially when they use the big bubbled insert sleeve.

Oh yea, I know the one you're talking about. For now they are using the standard LP mailers.

I'll let them know some stuff is still getting damaged in transit and see if they can look into another mailer.

ht has a bubble sleeve?  oh man, i wish they would've used that with mine.  

but yea, travis i think ht would do well with some newer higher performance mailer.  let's face it, ups and usps aren't going to get any better any time soon.  

Just got an email from Hot Topic. Despite ordering Out Come The Wolves on 2nd April, its just gone through as out of stock. So that means Heavy Petting Zoo cost $41.50 just for shipping instead of spreading the same shipping cost over 2 records. $64 for 1 record. lol. I hope it ends up being worth that much in the future!

I got a reply back from Hot Topic. I can either do 'return to sender' or "If you wish to keep the LP we can do a one time exception and issue a credit for 5% off of the shipping cost." (thats about $2 off the shipping cost). Should I take it or leave it?