Linkin Park - Meteora 2xLP metallic gold vinyl Hot Topic exclusive (pic on pg7)

travis

Looks like shopradiocast is selling these. It's gotta be a different variant. But if you've been wanting a copy and missed out you can get it here:

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Linkin-Park-%252d-Meteora-2XLP.html

Can anybody specify this LP? I have not heard of any other repress than the HT one at the moment. I doubt they are selling the initial 2003 release.

Finally received my copy today after being delayed due to this ridiculous weather. Anyone else have copies that appear to have dried dirty water on them? Its clearly just the wax, just found it neat. Both my lps have numerous spots of this.

http://s20.postimg.org/je6gfn0st/IMG_2127.jpg

My copy has a lot of those same marks. I noticed that the record sounds crackly when theres not too much going on in the tracks. I thought it was dirty and I cleaned the record and needle and could still hear it. Could it be from those marks?

Do you see a cut mark through the jacket too?

Yup, It was the 1st thing I noticed when I opened my Box (Surprisingly they packed all the vinyl I ordered in a big box with hefty bubble wrap). I was hoping for the best but man those cuts are deep, someone was really pissed Meteora was repressed and it seems some copies paid for it :(. I contacted HT about the issue and they said they would refund me the purchase price for it. Better than nothing I guess.

Here's some pics:

DSCN0271_zpsb8b24811.jpgDSCN0272_zpsa4067842.jpg

Got mine the other day, same cut marks...  Luckily only one made it through to the vinyl and only hit the runout so it doesn't affect play.  It's a pretty deep gash though...  Definitely seems like it was done by someone purposely now that we have seen several cases of this...

OnknTQv.jpg

gqLaB1s.jpg

vevaHfR.jpg

Now that I'm seeing more pictures of these I noticed this on one of the three I purchased with friends. They came packaged very well in thick bubble wrap and one of them had a stabbed mark like the ones in these pictures. Weird thing is that its not on the box or bubble wrap that it was shipped in, just that cover so maybe it was done before it was packed and sent?

I hope it didnt go through to the record but it looks like it might have. I've only opened one of them since I'm waiting for my friends to pick up their copies. My only problem was the extra static noise presentduring the songs when all of the instruments are absent/ in between songs. Hoping to get answers on what can be done about this if it is damaged because of the punctures. I'm sure whichever friend ends up with that copy wont be too happy :unsure:

Could it be that the warehouse was ticked off that we flooded them with orders the day before it was actually supposed to be released?  I just have a hard time believing that anyone would do this on purpose.  That being said, my copy should arrive today and I'm really hoping that mine doesn't have any of these cut marks.

On a side note:  Yesterday I received an email from Hot Topic asking me to review the purchase.  You know the shipment took forever when you get the review email before you actually get your item.  :P

That's fucked up.  Hot Topic, and especially Travis, go through a lot of effort to get these pressed.  No clue why some fuckwit in the warehouse would be purposefully damage these records, but the cuts are so random that it simply doesn't look accidental.  In jaba1337's picture of the actual record, the cut is very deep on the right side, and it gets less deep as the cut moves to the left. Very characteristic of a human making that mark, rather than a machine.  The smaller cut on the jacket looks like a quick stab someone made with a box cutter.  Not only were these marks done by a person, but they appear to be intentional.

That's fucked up.  Hot Topic, and especially Travis, go through a lot of effort to get these pressed.  No clue why some fuckwit in the warehouse would be purposefully damage these records, but the cuts are so random that it simply doesn't look accidental.  In jaba1337's picture of the actual record, the cut is very deep on the right side, and it gets less deep as the cut moves to the left. Very characteristic of a human making that mark, rather than a machine.  The smaller cut on the jacket looks like a quick stab someone made with a box cutter.  Not only were these marks done by a person, but they appear to be intentional.

CSI: VinylCollective

but seriously, that is pretty fucked up