Linkin Park - Meteora 2xLP metallic gold vinyl Hot Topic exclusive (pic on pg7)

travis

Got mine.. damage to one of the sleeves .. cut mark through shrink and into sleeve.. doesnt look deep and doesnt look deliberate.. looks like maybe something was out of alignment in the ol'factory and was putting holes in them.

what to do now.. open it and see if its damaged or return assuming it is?...

the 2nd copy is in great shape, no damage..  Gold looks great, album sounds great.  first time listening to this album, beyond the singles and its good.. 

That photo is fucking ridiculous. Obvious there was a lack of care taken to ensure the package was not damaged.

Shipping is USPS' fucking BUSINESS for craps sake. They should be THE BEST at doing this stuff. 

And saying it was received that way is complete bullshit, they would never take a package in that condition and just throw it in the shipping pile, they would wrap that mother in clear tape to ensure it didn't get worse. Pretty obvious the cardboard mailer was damaged in transit, a heavier package was probably on top of the record and caught that corner.

Ordered this the first day and figured I'd be patient with my order because of the new year. Slipped my mind until today when I saw people posting it as their recent purchase for January Record a Day.

Emailed customer service like "What the fuck Hot Topic where is my LINKIN PARK VINYLZ"

zDcYpGS.png

My package is at the customs again. Have to pick it up 15 miles away from here. Why isn't HT placing the invoice at the outside of the package? If the airport custom office can't find it there it will be sent to another local custom office instead of my front door...

Can't you send them an email, i mean to the customs office? Include the invoice and they will sort things out and forward the parcel to you via Post.

Can't you send them an email, i mean to the customs office? Include the invoice and they will sort things out and forward the parcel to you via Post.

Unfortunately I can't. I need to pick it up from there, open it in presence of a customs officer and pay customs afterwards...

Same procedure as every time I order something from HT...

Luckily my LP set did not arrive damaged at all. There is a very small cut through the shrink foil but it's not deep. The package was packed "normally" but HT did not use any bubble wrap at all. Since the paper box was a bit open at the edges, the LP did experience some minor bends at the edges (see pictures below.)

Cut through foil:

frbnxrxw.jpg

Bends at the edges:

2psdbbtv.jpg

tmhz9efc.jpg

I have also received another reissue of Meteora. Comparison between both of them, that is a standard reissue (inofficial?) and gold HT:

cvjaxikm.jpg

As you can see from the stickers (EAN codes) these are different issues, however the HT one has an extra sticker on top of the original EAN code. If you look closely through the sticker you can see the same code as on the normal reissue. 

3t96kmz4.jpg

Both sets only differ in terms of vinyl color and stickers on top:

Normal reissue:

mzzo2vgo.jpg

HT:

b6dg5oaa.jpg

I am wondering why I cannot find any official information about the normal reissue. It looks like a offical one from Warner, as does the HT one. Discogs has only the HT set listed. 

Luckily my LP set did not arrive damaged at all. There is a very small cut through the shrink foil but it's not deep. The package was packed "normally" but HT did not use any bubble wrap at all. Since the paper box was a bit open at the edges, the LP did experience some minor bends at the edges (see pictures below.)

Cut through foil:

frbnxrxw.jpg

Bends at the edges:

2psdbbtv.jpg

tmhz9efc.jpg

I have also received another reissue of Meteora. Comparison between both of them, that is a standard reissue (inofficial?) and gold HT:

cvjaxikm.jpg

As you can see from the stickers (EAN codes) these are different issues, however the HT one has an extra sticker on top of the original EAN code. If you look closely through the sticker you can see the same code as on the normal reissue. 

3t96kmz4.jpg

Both sets only differ in terms of vinyl color and stickers on top:

Normal reissue:

mzzo2vgo.jpg

HT:

b6dg5oaa.jpg

I am wondering why I cannot find any official information about the normal reissue. It looks like a offical one from Warner, as does the HT one. Discogs has only the HT set listed.

I think it's regular 2014 repress

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Linkin-Park-%252d-Meteora-2XLP.html