Linkin Park - Meteora 2xLP metallic gold vinyl Hot Topic exclusive (pic on pg7)

travis

They're actually called "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington" right now, so technically they did change the name.

Haha, yes, I guess that's technically right.  But you know what I mean... That's a lazy ass way to change a band name.  To me, they should be "Kretz Bennington and the DeLeo Brothers Band"  Ain't no Pilots without the Weiland.

"sublime with rome"

Yeah, there's another one.  These bands probably just want to keep the already familiar names that millions of people already know.  People are more likely to purchase new STP and Sublime material, than they are to actually follow the members of the old band to a new one.  All about what both of these band's huge fan bases recognize. 

Now that is great news :) Looking forward adding this one to my 2003 1st pressing.

@White Whale: I guess it won't make much sense pre-ordering this one on eBay (pricy thing...) as it probably will be available for (pre-)order at hottopic in December?

Yesterday, however, I was able to order a clear vinyl edition of Hybrid Theory which is limited to 1.000 pcs. If Meteora will be limited to 1.500 pcs I 'd guess chances are good to get one of these, too.

Is "Minutes To Midnight" on your radar at all Travis?

This can't really be unavailable, is it? I mean it had the most basic release and it was everywhere. Although a color variant and remaster would be welcome.

Mastering was pretty fucking shitty on the 1st press. It's like, bad enough they didn't cut from the master, but they didn't even bother to rip the cd they used into a DAW and actually play it back from a good DAC... They actually loaded a physical cd in a transport and hit play on that thing. And either the cd they used was a poorly mastered copy or the player they used couldn't play it back properly, because I shit you not there's a split-second gap between the 1st two songs in the middle of the crossfade. Something that would never happen on a properly mastered record.

This can't really be unavailable, is it? I mean it had the most basic release and it was everywhere. Although a color variant and remaster would be welcome.

Mastering was pretty fucking shitty on the 1st press. It's like, bad enough they didn't cut from the master, but they didn't even bother to rip the cd they used into a DAW and actually play it back from a good DAC... They actually loaded a physical cd in a transport and hit play on that thing. And either the cd they used was a poorly mastered copy or the player they used couldn't play it back properly, because I shit you not there's a split-second gap between the 1st two songs in the middle of the crossfade. Something that would never happen on a properly mastered record.

Cheapest I can find it anywhere is $80 on discogs. It's been out of stock everywhere for almost a year.

Some people who cut lacquers automatically put a gap between songs unless you tell them not to. The Heartless "Certain Death" 7" is like that and is a huge bummer because the second-long gap breaks up the flow the songs have.

Some people who cut lacquers automatically put a gap between songs unless you tell them not to. The Heartless "Certain Death" 7" is like that and is a huge bummer because the second-long gap breaks up the flow the songs have.

The Further Seems Forever "Hide Nothing" has that exact problem, there's a gap in between some of the crossfades. 

/unrelated to this release story 

Hmm this makes sense too although I think any engineer who was listening to what he was actually doing and not following a color-by-numbers list of general processes would've realized not to do this right away. Somewhere along the line, someone fucked up.

If someone MUUUUUST submit a digital file for whatever reason, I always suggest it is sent as a pair of wavs- side 1, side 2. Final and completed at its native sampling rate and bit depth. No further changes needed to be made nor can any accidentally be made once in the hands of the mastering engineer.

Cheapest I can find it anywhere is $80 on discogs. It's been out of stock everywhere for almost a year.

Wow, really? I had no clue whatsoever, I haven't ebay searched for their stuff in a while but the last time I did it seemed like there was hundreds of these. Friggin bonkers.

Unrelated note, I have a fully signed collision course, and also one of mr. Hahns private press scratch/sample records. Wonder what they're worth.

Wow, really? I had no clue whatsoever, I haven't ebay searched for their stuff in a while but the last time I did it seemed like there was hundreds of these. Friggin bonkers.

Unrelated note, I have a fully signed collision course, and also one of mr. Hahns private press scratch/sample records. Wonder what they're worth.

Yeah. I saw so many of them it was on my "I'll get it eventually" list.... and now I'm SOL. I'd never pay more than retail for it, but I'd love to own it. The last few tracks are great.