Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

It depends. Deafheaven, Isis, Sumac? Not so much.

Just started playing a random track, I can definitely get on board with these vocals.

I don't think they're in line with the band's you listed above vocal wise. At least not Deafheaven. Maybe a little ISIS, and more so Rosetta, YoNL, Amenra, etc.

It depends.  Deafheaven, Isis, Sumac?  Not so much.

Just started playing a random track, I can definitely get on board with these vocals.

Cult of Luna is so fucking immense. It takes a little bit to kind of really "get" what they do though.

My favorite album is without question "Somewhere Along The Highway".

The songs "Finland", "Dark City/Dead Man" and fucking "Dim" !!!!!

"Dim" is without question of my favorite post-metal songs now. I can never get enough of that track.

The end of "Dark City/Dead Man" is absolutely massive, too.

"Salvation" is a great album too. "Echoes" and "Leave Me Here" are probably my favorite tracks from that album.

Old friends time:  With all the Kokomo love, don't forget "Matterhorn Bob..."!  

Should still be free d/l but more than worthy of vinyl treatment.

Since I haven't listened to new one, I'll save my ranking order for later. There are some awesome tracks off Matterhorn, and for some reason always loved that sample where the guy is talking about looking at the sun when he was a kid and 'went blind' temporarily, like his mom warned him not to.

a0013783538_2.jpg

// Black Sea Of Trees // Post Rock / Ambient / Drone | Germany

|| BC: https://o-music.bandcamp.com/album/black-sea-of-trees-2

/ LP 12 / $13.51 | Black, Grey, or Yellow/Amber, all of which are 180g: http://www.doomrock.com/Music/LP/-%239711%3B-Black-Sea-Of-Trees-LP-3-Versions::737.html

/ Digital download is free via Bandcamp.

"◯ isn´t just the letter. ◯ is the circle symbol and at the same time the name of this six piece band from the border region (Belgium/Netherlands/Germany) around Aachen (Germany). In summer 2010 ex-members from "Allegorie“, Dancing on Debris“,"Jack the Rocker“ and "Kings of the Day" got together with the aim to create spheric musical landscapes. The music wants to take the audience on a turbulent journey somewhere between ambient and postrock and sometimes you can guess their musical roots found in punk/hardcore."

This band really doesn't get enough recognition. I have been listening to them for years, and they are absolutely fantastic. I don't know why they get over looked, but I highly suggest checking them out. The name of the album is taken from the name of the Aokigahra forest in Japan at the base of Mt. Fuji, which is known as "the perfect place to die". It is the second most popular place to commit suicide, where a recorded 500 suicides have taken place since the 50s. This theme ties in with the music for a pretty chilling experience.

// You can read a little more about Aokigahara here: http://www.tofugu.com/2012/07/23/aokigahara-japans-haunted-forest-of-death/

// VICE doc. about Aokigahara:

Plus look how pretty this record is:
(This is the 1st pressing 180g yellow / black variant /100.)

7lR3Zl5h.jpg

I actually looked ◯ up on a whim a few years ago because the FB Post Rock page uploaded their album art and I thought it looked cool. Was stoked to find the music was just as cool. Solid stuff.

Also that pressing reminds me of my favorite Deadhorse variant.

SJbLRbK.png

Absolutely. Yours has more whisps than mine.

irnL7DN.jpg

• jhulud locked this topic