Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

13 hours ago, Sasan said:

Ordered the shirt bundle?

I had to have the shirt added later because I ordered, and THEN they put the shirt thing up.  Also needed to add the extra In Never Out for Justin_Cole12.  I shot an email the band, thinking maybe adding the shirt held up the package because they were on tour.  It's just weird that I haven't gotten mine yet.

26 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I had to have the shirt added later because I ordered, and THEN they put the shirt thing up.  Also needed to add the extra In Never Out for Justin_Cole12.  I shot an email the band, thinking maybe adding the shirt held up the package because they were on tour.  It's just weird that I haven't gotten mine yet.

you talking about pg lost? i haven't gotten mine yet. i didn't know people in the states were getting them already...

5 hours ago, Sasan said:

As stated in the PO thread, they are still waiting for the shirts...therefore the delay

Oh yeah?  Awesome, that's good news haha.  I haven't checked that thread yet.  And actually Paul had contacted me on Facebook about the shirts, because I had a question regarding the gray color of the Deer variant; the band had black ones at the show and I got home and was like "wait what?  Oh, riiiiiiiight."  I wish I held off and bought the gray one, because I like that better.  In my excited haste, I did not stop to think and remember that they were gray on the website.  Oh well, now I have a reason to buy anther PG.Lost shirt :P

On 6/3/2016 at 11:56 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Matt got his already, i believe, and some other dudes on this Facebook Post-rock group I post on also have pictures up.  

I did? I said I was still waiting on mine. I'm getting mine with Don's order since his buddy is picking them up personally. So I'll get mine in eventually. 

On 6/2/2016 at 6:26 PM, Sasan said:

Shit, I've just seen STEARICA from Italy live at a small venue here by coincidence! Freakin' sick!

https://stearica.bandcamp.com/releases

I've rarely seen a drummer like this before live...

I really enjoyed this, esp. track 1, which is reminiscent of Maserati  -- without the dance beat drumming.  Track 2 enters kind of and ELP/Carl Palmer type of drumming.

But, if you asked me who did this album without knowing, I would have said KERRETTA, as the drummer's style is very similar to Hamish Walker's, when Kerretta is at their most accessible experimental. (and the bass lines as well).

Great one, Sasan, thanks!  Now following on bandcamp...

8 hours ago, drds89 said:

I really enjoyed this, esp. track 1, which is reminiscent of Maserati  -- without the dance beat drumming.  Track 2 enters kind of and ELP/Carl Palmer type of drumming.

But, if you asked me who did this album without knowing, I would have said KERRETTA, as the drummer's style is very similar to Hamish Walker's, when Kerretta is at their most accessible experimental. (and the bass lines as well).

Great one, Sasan, thanks!  Now following on bandcamp...

You nailed it, Don!

I've never heard of them before and since there are rarely gigs in our city (if there are, it's crap), I thought I'd go (was free anyways)...I really like their stuff and as stated the drummer live was a monster! And the bassist...man, he's on a wheelchair totally going nuts changing the effects with his hands while playing! It was a joy to see him rock like this!

BTW, there was another band playing (Convulsif from Switzerland), maybe someone likes them (after Stearica, they lost IMO ;) ):

https://convulsif.bandcamp.com/

Any of you guys have audio ripping programs?  Here is 26 minutes of the Cult of Luna show from Gothenburg.  The sound is AMAZING.  They recorded the opening part of it for radio broadcast.  The Sweep -> Light Chaser, Owlwood, Echoes (WITH INTRO), 

http://sverigesradio.se//sida/avsnitt/733450?programid=4564

It's only online for 4 more days unfortunately, so we need to act fast to save this.  I have no idea how to go about doing this.  

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Any of you guys have audio ripping programs?  Here is 26 minutes of the Cult of Luna show from Gothenburg.  The sound is AMAZING.  They recorded the opening part of it for radio broadcast.  The Sweep -> Light Chaser, Owlwood, Echoes (WITH INTRO), 

http://sverigesradio.se//sida/avsnitt/733450?programid=4564

It's only online for 4 more days unfortunately, so we need to act fast to save this.  I have no idea how to go about doing this.  

Just view the source, and it's right there.

http://lyssnaigen.sr.se/Isidor/EREG/p3_stockholm/2016/05/7_mg_live_cult_of_luna_30_289cff6_a96.m4a

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah but its not letting me right-click and download/save target as or anything like that.  They're going to remove the file in a few days; was just hoping someone here already had some program already set up and could just go ahead do it.  

Really wanna shed some light on this band 'cause I think they're amazing.

Jambinai - They Keep Silence

Your favorite Korean post-metal band iis coming out with their sophomore next Friday. That's the single.

Here's a playlist of their last album, which was also their debut, from 2012, I believe.

If you're in the UK the new record is being released on Bella Union, so it's probably best to get it there.

For us US residents, it's actually rather cheap from Barnes & Noble.

7 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah but its not letting me right-click and download/save target as or anything like that.  They're going to remove the file in a few days; was just hoping someone here already had some program already set up and could just go ahead do it.  

Works fine for me. Just right-click that link I posted and save it.

Edited by Thomas³

• jhulud locked this topic