Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

7 hours ago, Sasan said:

What's that? Re-press? Or 7" of the two songs released last year?

Given the lack of any other statements, I'm going to say it's the 7" of the 2 new songs.  Dan said they were waiting to do that until 2017 when I asked him about it on Facebook some time ago. 

Just heard back from Dan, it is officially the 7" of the 2 new songs!  "just starting the process...  gonna be a while"

Edited by Gumbo72203

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

I actually assumed they were repressing their LPs.  The Twitter exchange that led to that screen grab I posted was asking about WYAINE on vinyl.

70cisw.jpg

Oh interesting.  Yeah no, Dan is great about responding on Facebook so I just asked him.  I told him that people are chomping at the bit for represses though!

I need versions that come with jackets myself as well haha

On 1/15/2017 at 6:18 AM, wisdom81 said:

Here's some stuff that I'm anticipating in the post-whatever world. Some of these don't really have a confirmed release date:

Pijn
Set and Setting
Glories
Legendary Skies
Town Portal
Baulta
Toundra
Ranges
Sisters Of
This Patch of Sky
Astralia
Fourteen Nights at Sea
Rocket Miner
Junius
Cloudkicker
Riding Pânico
Glasir
BLAK

I see that you had Riding Panico on your anticipated list so you can probably attest to the fact this album jams!

So, this band showed up on my facebook feed with a sponsored post, they're called Cathedral Ring.  They were marked as "For fans of Mogwai, Red Sparowes, Caspian, and God Is An Astronaut"

I gotta say, they're pretty spot-on with that.  They're heavy... but still melodic.  It's interesting stuff.  Kind of like if GIAA were more dark and doomy.  You guys might dig this.  It's definitely interesting. 

https://cathedralring.bandcamp.com/album/a-decade-alone-on-the-alps

On 3/7/2017 at 2:59 PM, mrewest said:

If you wanted a cinematic post-rock version of Audrey Fall, the guitarist from that band released a solo album.

http://george-will.bandcamp.com/album/dawn

Finally got around to listening to this, and it's really good stuff!  The later part of the album gets into more familiar Audrey Fall territory.  "Veil" and "Freya" were my favorite tracks.  Definitely recommended, and I hope this gets made physically someday!

On 3/9/2017 at 7:29 PM, The Butcha said:

I have all my Athletics stuff up for sale to help with my trip. Selling records is hard :(

I never received any notifications from Discogs on these....  I have tons of stuff in my wantlists that never comes up, which is annoying; I've seen other people pick up stuff that was in my wantlist that I wish I had a shot at.  I only ever get the same handful of item notifications from them.  Any of you guys experience this? 

Edited by Gumbo72203

After listening to that George Will album twice I don't even get the point in him not just making this another Audrey Fall album.  It's literally the same thing, just maybe a little less metal.  But all of the elements of Audrey Fall (as far as song structure) are there.  Unfortunately I got so bored with that Audrey Fall album that I didn't want a part 2 of it.  So this one doesn't do much for me.

In other news, I feel like this just snuck up on me, but the new Do Make Say Think album is up for preorder.  Pretty badass artwork & I'm sure it'll be an impressive vinyl package, but it's about $30 shipped.  Think I'll wait for now.  I really dig the new song though.  It's on Spotify & their website.  Do Make Say Think

Edited by mrewest

57 minutes ago, mrewest said:

In other news, I feel like this just snuck up on me, but the new Do Make Say Think album is up for preorder.  Pretty badass artwork & I'm sure it'll be an impressive vinyl package, but it's about $30 shipped.  Think I'll wait for now.  I really dig the new song though.  It's on Spotify & their website.  Do Make Say Think

There's a thread on it with more support in it than I was expecting.  They're low-key one of the freshest post-rock groups out there and I have full confidence that the new album will deliver.  Shopping from Constellation is about $36-$37 PPD so I'll be sitting tight for a bit.  But to be fair, it's a double LP, 180 gram, gorgeous gatefold, 12" x 24" poster (if you care about that) with an additional art insert and etched D-side.  I think most of us have paid more for less, especially with Gumbo and his import threads.

39 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

There's a thread on it with more support in it than I was expecting.  They're low-key one of the freshest post-rock groups out there and I have full confidence that the new album will deliver.  Shopping from Constellation is about $36-$37 PPD so I'll be sitting tight for a bit.  But to be fair, it's a double LP, 180 gram, gorgeous gatefold, 12" x 24" poster (if you care about that) with an additional art insert and etched D-side.  I think most of us have paid more for less, especially with Gumbo and his import threads.

Shows you how much I pay attention to the main forum lately.  But yeah the whole layout of this record looks pretty incredible.  Will pick up at some point.  The single really does sound fresh in the genre. Upbeat, a little electronic action without it taking over the song, but still with that DMST sound you recognize.  And a bit of a psychadelic groove to it.  

Edited by mrewest

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Finally got around to listening to this, and it's really good stuff!  The later part of the album gets into more familiar Audrey Fall territory.  "Veil" and "Freya" were my favorite tracks.  Definitely recommended, and I hope this gets made physically someday!

I never received any notifications from Discogs on these....  I have tons of stuff in my wantlists that never comes up, which is annoying; I've seen other people pick up stuff that was in my wantlist that I wish I had a shot at.  I only ever get the same handful of item notifications from them.  Any of you guys experience this? 

I put them on discogs and legit within 20 seconds (not exaggerating) they sold. 

4 minutes ago, athousandarms said:

Astralia's new album "Solstice" is up for pre-order through A Thousand Arms (US & Canada) and Aloud Music (EU).  Album releases on April 22nd on 2xLP and CD.

Pre-order here: http://www.athousandarms.com/astralia/

I have very high hopes for this. First track was great.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:58 PM, mrewest said:

I see that you had Riding Panico on your anticipated list so you can probably attest to the fact this album jams!

Ahah yeah it's great stuff! I have been listening to it quite a lot recently as well as their back catalog. Was it the post of their previous record  you saw on Instagram?That was probably me.

7 minutes ago, wisdom81 said:

Ahah yeah it's great stuff! I have been listening to it quite a lot recently as well as their back catalog. Was it the post of their previous record  you saw on Instagram?That was probably me.

Ha yep that was it.  I lose track of who is who on these sites if names don't match up.  Thanks again for posting!  Where can I listen to that older album?  I don't see it on Bandcamp nor Spotify.

1 hour ago, The Butcha said:

I put them on discogs and legit within 20 seconds (not exaggerating) they sold. 

Haha right on, but I'll still get notifications from things that sold.  I click on the link, and then it just says the item is no longer available.  There's like, maybe 5 or 6 albums I ever get notifications on, and it's always that the same people are selling it lol.  I've got "It's Not Me, It's You!" from a user named Der-Gut-Ton or something I get an email about once a week.  Their code makes no sense. 

• jhulud locked this topic