Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

55 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

Discogs 70€ ppd. Sleeve is in mint/near mint condition, basically perfect, vinyl is also in immaculate condition and plays great. 

Damn, nice find!  Did that pop up on your wantlist, or did you contact people yourself?

Also, in case you guys didn't see it... on Friday, Bandcamp is giving 100% of their proceeds of every sale to the ACLU.  If there's some things you've been thinking about picking up, that's the day to do it. 

44 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

That's a steal. Stoked for you!

Yeah, considering that I've never seen a copy for sale, it was never been sold on discogs or ebay and its conditions, I guess I had a great deal for that price. 

5 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Damn, nice find!  Did that pop up on your wantlist, or did you contact people yourself?

It popped up in my wantlist. Totally unexpected. 

8 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

Yeah, considering that I've never seen a copy for sale, it was never been sold on discogs or ebay and its conditions, I guess I had a great deal for that price. 

It popped up in my wantlist. Totally unexpected. 

I honestly never expected it to pop up on there, or anywhere for that matter. I paid a bit more for mine, but was glad to. I have the test press on the way. Now that you have one of the hardest variants crossed off, are you going to keep going? Maybe variant collect?

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I honestly never expected it to pop up on there, or anywhere for that matter. I paid a bit more for mine, but was glad to. I have the test press on the way. Now that you have one of the hardest variants crossed off, are you going to keep going? Maybe variant collect?

Yeah, I think I'll keep going, I collect variants of the bands/records I like more and Caspian it's definitely one of those, expecially Tertia and D&D are two of my favourite albums of all time, I love to own different variants of them and I'll definitely keep my eyes open for those I'm missing.
I'm not much into test pressings, except for that YATC+TFT with the wood sleeve which is marvellous or others with nice alternate/special covers, however if I'll have the chance to find one or more at decent prices I'll go with them for sure.
I believe it's pretty silly to think I could be a Caspian completist considering that there're like 70 records total and I have +/- 20 but I will definitely keep searching for those variants I like more.

39 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

Yeah, I think I'll keep going, I collect variants of the bands/records I like more and Caspian it's definitely one of those, expecially Tertia and D&D are two of my favourite albums of all time, I love to own different variants of them and I'll definitely keep my eyes open for those I'm missing.
I'm not much into test pressings, except for that YATC+TFT with the wood sleeve which is marvellous or others with nice alternate/special covers, however if I'll have the chance to find one or more at decent prices I'll go with them for sure.
I believe it's pretty silly to think I could be a Caspian completist considering that there're like 70 records total and I have +/- 20 but I will definitely keep searching for those variants I like more.

I believe Mylene Sheath may have one more of them laying around. I'll see if I can find out for you. And hey, I started at 0 and look at me now. I remeber when I had 20. Now I have like 73 or something. Haha. It's fun to do. I get not wanting though cause some are really tough, but you got, in my opinion, the hardest one. The rest should be a breeze minus a small handful, even which those shouldn't be too hard. That reminds me, I need to do a family photo when my test press gets here, so be on the look out for that. 

If anyone is into Terraformer (dark, sludgey, heavy post-metal), they have a new song up and preorders for their new album.  I really dig the new song.

If anyone has interest in preordering this, I figured out the best way to do it is 3 at a time.  Cuts the price with shipping down to $26.34 per person.  Otherwise it's $37 on your own.  And if you go 4 or more, it bumps into the 2nd tier of shipping costs.

EDIT:  I guess this will be available domestically in a few weeks if anyone is actually interested.

Album art is far more cartoonish than previous efforts which I don't care for, but the variants sound perfect.  Purple w/ black splatter & orange (both /150 & 180g).

Check it out.

https://www.dunkfestival.be/news/2017/1/31/terraformer-premiere-pre-order

Edited by mrewest

5 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I believe Mylene Sheath may have one more of them laying around. I'll see if I can find out for you. And hey, I started at 0 and look at me now. I remeber when I had 20. Now I have like 73 or something. Haha. It's fun to do. I get not wanting though cause some are really tough, but you got, in my opinion, the hardest one. The rest should be a breeze minus a small handful, even which those shouldn't be too hard. That reminds me, I need to do a family photo when my test press gets here, so be on the look out for that. 

Yeah man, thanks for your interest and for trying to find out about that test from TMS, as I said I would really love to have that one (in case, I hope I don't have to wait a year or so to get it ;) ).
I started listening to Caspian sometime after Tertia was released I think, got a few of their records at that time and I basically always kept an eye on their vinyl records since that time. 
Since I've never basically have the precise purpose to have a complete collection my approach is more waiting for variants I like more, in pristine conditions and nice priced and when they arrive they arrive.

I believe I was lucky enough and have never overpaid any of the Caspian records I have (except for Tertia trans maroon and trans maroon/haze) the price was always between 20€ and 35€ ppd.

I think that your approach to Caspian records was different, you made the decision, at least 4/5 year ago I think, that you want them all which is great and with dedication you (incredibly) made that happened.
I have never pushed the research of variants too much and maybe the time to concretely believe I can do that has passed, I mean,  one thing is starting to track down variants 5 years ago or more and another is starting now (already owning 20, ok), I think it would be much harder to reach the goal nowdays.

Can't wait to see that family photo!

Edited by fizio59

So.... as far as that thing with my copy of Noir goes, I filed a "seller not responding" thing on Discogs, and his account will be suspended tomorrow at 9:15am or something if he doesn't reply.  I also started the claim procedure with Paypal.  I hope everything is okay with him, but....  that's not my problem. 

Still waiting on my Faltre record.... that's been held up in customs it seems. 

And now a new issue haha, I ordered a copy of "Youth" on vinyl and "Lades" on CD from the great band Temples, and that was going on 3 weeks ago now....  haven't heard a word back from them either!  arrrrrghhhh.  Messages on Facebook and email have gone unresponsive so far.  I'll give that another week before I begin the Paypal claim sequence for THAT one. 

The universe truly hates me for something right now. 

3 hours ago, mrewest said:

This week on Gumbo's edition of...

2db4ep0.jpg

Think you need to start shopping at some brick & mortar shops!

Now that you mention it, I don't think I can recall a time he has said 'stopped by (insert shop name here) today and picked up a copy of (such and such)'. Haha. Wait a minute. @Gumbo72203 have you ever bought a record from a store, ever? Or is just via online? Cause, dude, support your local shop.

5 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

So.... as far as that thing with my copy of Noir goes, I filed a "seller not responding" thing on Discogs, and his account will be suspended tomorrow at 9:15am or something if he doesn't reply.  I also started the claim procedure with Paypal.  I hope everything is okay with him, but....  that's not my problem. 

Still waiting on my Faltre record.... that's been held up in customs it seems. 

And now a new issue haha, I ordered a copy of "Youth" on vinyl and "Lades" on CD from the great band Temples, and that was going on 3 weeks ago now....  haven't heard a word back from them either!  arrrrrghhhh.  Messages on Facebook and email have gone unresponsive so far.  I'll give that another week before I begin the Paypal claim sequence for THAT one. 

The universe truly hates me for something right now. 

On 28.1.2017 at 4:30 PM, Sasan said:

I'm not sure why this only happens to you all the time...looking in here and on FB, you seem to have problems with every single order...

Thank God I've sold you a record before this streak started...

Can only quote myself...wtf?!

On 4/8/2016 at 0:16 PM, Dave Grohl said:

Yes and no, since I don't really care about test presses. Haha.

On 7/1/2016 at 8:40 PM, Dave Grohl said:

I laughed. Good thing I don't really care about test presses or I would cry...

On 1/16/2017 at 4:49 AM, Dave Grohl said:

I can't believe this is mine now...

My Caspian Mylene Sheath collection is now complete. I just need Waking Season and Dust to have every test press.

v2xp5Mr.jpg

lhDyIE0.jpg

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

In other news:

gZUublC.jpg

5o1qaWp.jpg

:):):) 

6 minutes ago, mrewest said:

:):):) 

The things you tell yourself to not cry. Then your tears of sadness turn to tears of happiness. Then you cry again cause five years worth of collecting is over. 

Apparently the universe rewards me when I say I don't care about test presses...

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

The things you tell yourself to not cry. Then your tears of sadness turn to tears of happiness. Then you cry again cause five years worth of collecting is over. 

Apparently the universe rewards me when I say I don't care about test presses...

Haha I knew you'd snatch them up if you could, and I'm proud of you for it.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:15 PM, Dave Grohl said:

Now that you mention it, I don't think I can recall a time he has said 'stopped by (insert shop name here) today and picked up a copy of (such and such)'. Haha. Wait a minute. @Gumbo72203 have you ever bought a record from a store, ever? Or is just via online? Cause, dude, support your local shop.

My local shop sucks balls here in Albany, for the most part.  They don't have post-rock.  I did buy a copy of "Aja" by Steely Dan from them.  But i don't buy from them because their "VG+" means that it only has 4 skips in it.  I don't like them, I don't agree with their grading/pricing.  I buy my sleeves from him though, to support him a little bit.  And some used CD's every once in a while.  He's had some copies of "Panopticon" for sale, but they always ask like $45 for them.  It's kinda ridiculous.  People buy it though, just not me. 

When I was in poughkeepsie last visiting my girlfriend, we went to Darkside Records and I bought 2 used Jesu CD's and a copy of "Mosquito Control" on CD.  That was a sick find.  Being on a part-time income, I can't afford dropping $30 on a record in the store that I can get for $18ppd online or whatever. 

But just wait til you guys feast your eyes on what happened to my Faltre record that came today: 

16425823_10154338496566724_1710693108350

Edited by Gumbo72203

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

My local shop sucks balls here in Albany, for the most part.  They don't have post-rock.  I did buy a copy of "Aja" by Steely Dan from them.  But i don't buy from them because their "VG+" means that it only has 4 skips in it.  I don't like them, I don't agree with their grading/pricing.  I buy my sleeves from him though, to support him a little bit.  And some used CD's every once in a while.  He's had some copies of "Panopticon" for sale, but they always ask like $45 for them.  It's kinda ridiculous.  People buy it though, just not me. 

When I was in poughkeepsie last visiting my girlfriend, we went to Darkside Records and I bought 2 used Jesu CD's and a copy of "Mosquito Control" on CD.  That was a sick find.  Being on a part-time income, I can't afford dropping $30 on a record in the store that I can get for $18ppd online or whatever. 

But just wait til you guys feast your eyes on what happened to my Faltre record that came today: 

16425823_10154338496566724_1710693108350

Jesus!  That's gnarly AF.  Don't ever order any test presses lol.

14 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Get in touch with the sender. It's registered to ~30€...

and I really believe that your postman einher hates you or redheads in general!

He wrote only the 20euro value on the front though....   But I did email Jakob from Faltre.  Hopefully he's able to get it figured out. 

The post-office said that the sticker on the front means that they received it from customs damaged like this, which I was told is something that happens often...

For my birthday a while back I received 2 American Dollar albums on vinyl (A Memory Stream & Technicolour Sleep).  Just now getting around to spinning TS (spun MS around when I got them), but I just had to comment on how insanely good these records sound.  Perfectly produced & pressed.  Such rich, full sound.  Really gives new life to these albums.  I've always been a pretty casual fan of them but vinyl is definitely the best way to listen to them.  Highly recommend picking up copies of their stuff if you don't have it (although maybe I was the only one without it already haha).

28 minutes ago, mrewest said:

For my birthday a while back I received 2 American Dollar albums on vinyl (A Memory Stream & Technicolour Sleep).  Just now getting around to spinning TS (spun MS around when I got them), but I just had to comment on how insanely good these records sound.  Perfectly produced & pressed.  Such rich, full sound.  Really gives new life to these albums.  I've always been a pretty casual fan of them but vinyl is definitely the best way to listen to them.  Highly recommend picking up copies of their stuff if you don't have it (although maybe I was the only one without it already haha).

jason really knocked those releases out of the park. hope PSR releases more American Dollar stuff eventually!

• jhulud locked this topic