Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Welp, I just died of laughter:

You're The Worst | S3E5

Talking about cassette tapes--

“Oh my God, are we in the Smithsonian? Do obese Midwesterners gather around your car pressing their faces against the glass to marvel at your ancient relics from an erstwhile time of low fidelity and inability to fast-forward through songs quickly?”

Well......  someone got to that Envy box-set before I could.  This one stings a good bit.  That was such a deal, I was waiting to hear back from the guy on whether he could wait until I got my paycheck this week.  He was going to unlist it and hold it for me, but he was at a bachelor party all weekend and didn't get to check his messages.  Did one of you bastards get it?  fuuuuck mannnn.  I was really stoked to get to listen to all those 7" tracks that I'll never buy individually.  

Also, just got my Caspian tickets for Boston.  Pretty stoked.  That's going to be a hell of a weekend run:  Caspian/Appleseed Cast in Boston on Friday -> TWDY in NYC on Sunday -> Deafheaven/Carcass in Poughkeepsie on Monday.  

A Thousand Arms is now carrying some Dunk! music and merch including Lost In Kiev's 2xLP: Nuit Noire. $30 + $4 shipping.

Dunk! stuff here in the US -- A Thousand Arms

I'm still warming up to it, so in the interim I ordered a CS for $12.50ppd from their  bandcamp site (for my little Smithsonian museum), and maybe it will grow on me like some other music has via cassettes on autoplay. (digi d/l included too! maybe i'll burn a CD :) )

13 hours ago, fizio59 said:

Yesss!!

5r8Xl6V.jpg

I asked Phil to do that a week or so ago, and he said he would. Looks like he is keeping his word. : )

Can't wait to see them in DC, and catch up. I'm bringing my buddy who has never seen them.

And for the Philly show my friend from the UK is flying in. I'm going to try to get them to dedicate a song to her.

11 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I asked Phil to do that a week or so ago, and he said he would. Looks like he is keeping his word. : )

Can't wait to see them in DC, and catch up. I'm bringing my buddy who has never seen them.

And for the Philly show my friend from the UK is flying in. I'm going to try to get them to dedicate a song to her.

Is it a new studio track?  Or does he mean they'll be debuting more new material on the tour?  Unless the tour starts later than I thought... I can't remember.  I know I have tickets to the Boston show in November, which should be awesome. 

On 10/10/2016 at 6:10 PM, drds89 said:

A Thousand Arms is now carrying some Dunk! music and merch including Lost In Kiev's 2xLP: Nuit Noire. $30 + $4 shipping.

I'm still warming up to it, so in the interim I ordered a CS for $12.50ppd from their  bandcamp site (for my little Smithsonian museum), and maybe it will grow on me like some other music has via cassettes on autoplay. (digi d/l included too! maybe i'll burn a CD :) )

Fucking only $10 for that Astralia LP!?!?!  Good god, people... BUY THAT!  That might be the best deal you'll ever get on a new LP.  That album is phenomenal, I was just playing the CD in my car yesterday.

This is kinda a poor business move though because the Ranges 7" EP was released like 2 weeks ago; if they had waited until the Dunk! stuff arrived, they probably could have sold so much more stuff.  I probably would have got the Lost In Kiev LP.  Oh well.  Hopefully they sold a bunch of stuff on tour.  Ranges is great. 

And speaking of that Ranges tour.....  fucking COMPASS AND KNIFE!!!!!!!  Oh man, I wish I discovered these guys sooner.  Their debut album is SO ridiculously good.  Very creative, while staying pretty much in the typical post-rock vein.  But the songs just absolutely kill. 

On 10/10/2016 at 6:10 PM, drds89 said:

Trying to snag the Kokomo, but there is not add to cart option/check out for me. Weird.

Edit: Had to use IE.

Edited by Thomas³

11 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

My daughter, her boyfriend and his brother voted for Raleigh, so we're heading South not north for this one. King's a pretty cool place and perfect for Caspian/TAC; plus getting in and out of Raleigh vs DC- can't say as I blame them.

6 minutes ago, Freki said:

Not sure if "minor packaging damage" makes it that great of a deal, but snagged one anyway.

haha yeah I didn't see that until after, I was like "wtf why are these only $10?!"

On a side note, does anybody want a copy of "Great North" by Fourteen Nights At Sea?  Liam, their drummer, can ship 2 copies here for $55...  not a bad split if we go in together. 

the new Mustard Gas & Roses LP is great.  Mike's vocals are a little 'ehhh' on the title track, but some choral singing helps redeem the track.  The instrumental tracks are obviously for fans of ITAOT/Wavering Radiant ISIS.

Here's a Bandcamp code for 'Becoming' - figured I would share with my PR/PM brethren before turning it over to the wolves in the DL Code thread.

themylenesheath.bandcamp.com/yum 

code: y5ym-ujpc

59 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

the new Mustard Gas & Roses LP is great.  Mike's vocals are a little 'ehhh' on the title track, but some choral singing helps redeem the track.  The instrumental tracks are obviously for fans of ITAOT/Wavering Radiant ISIS.

Here's a Bandcamp code for 'Becoming' - figured I would share with my PR/PM brethren before turning it over to the wolves in the DL Code thread.

I've been really digging this album.  If the code is still available later tonight, I'll take it.  

I do agree with those vocals though haha.  First time I heard them, I was like "WTF?".

Met some nice folks on IG via Coastlands new album. Their favorite postrock group (besides Coastlands, of course, ahem) is 'Years Of Rice And Salt'

FFO postrock on the lighter side, with a (nonscreechy) violin, I believe. Or harmonica. Name your price on the EP and LP.

LP was put out by Future Recordings of "The Ascent Of Everest" "The End Of The Ocean" and "Sunlight Ascending" fame

Limited to /100, long sold out, but white vinyl so I know that will make the blow much easier for some. :)

Years Of Rice And Salt: Nothing Of Cities LP

Years Of Rice And Salt: Service Bell EP

edit: forgot to post an oldie to revisit ....from 2001, Meanwhile, Back In Communist Russia: Indian Ink EP 10"

Indian Ink

Edited by drds89

18 hours ago, coreystevens88 said:

Gave it a listen yesterday...the vocals on the track are horrible (as I stated before) and the rest of the record didn't do much IMO.

Will maybe give it another try, but not too confident that it will change....

• jhulud locked this topic