Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues - Jan. 21st

it'd be nice if Epitaph signed AM! and Joyce Manor along with the recent signing of Larry Arms.  It sure beats the pile of shit bands that label has been promoting over the last year or so.  of course bands like Falling in Reverse and the like allow the label the money to sign bands like TLA and AM!

I might not remember this correctly, but wasn't there talk that this would be the last Against Me record? Would there even be a point of signing a band after they put out their final release?

Just a hunch, or 'what if?' scenario. Laura Jane hasn't said anything about it. It would be a classy end to an era.

I might not remember this correctly, but wasn't there talk that this would be the last Against Me record? Would there even be a point of signing a band after they put out their final release?

I remember hearing this too. Not that Laura is done making music, but that AM! has run it's course and this would be their last record as a band. I guess we'll see. I'm pretty excited for this record, regardless.

I know he's not, but i consider James an original member. I think that's fair. I don't feel like against me would be where they are today without him

I agree. Plus his vocals on a lot of the songs are important and distinctly his. I'm also sure he contributed a lot to the song writing throughout the years. He's been with the band since their first "real" release, he counts!

This is what I was thinking as well. Who were the openers?

Smelly Tongues and French Exit.

I wasn't a fan of Smelly Tongues, they were a typical Hollywood-rock band. The singer didn't seem too enthusiastic either, besides the music not being my thing. Their drummer was rad though. French Exit are awesome, I've seen them a bunch of times and they are super nice guys. They just released a new album.

Except that Epitaph has way better distribution and marketing than they could do on their own. Some people still buy CDs at Best Buy and find out about new releases via magazine ads, and some of those people are casual Against Me fans. I think Trent Reznor wrote a thing about this when he signed to Columbia for the new NIN album, DIY has its limits.

I noticed him there too and I'm betting he was scoping out French Exit (aside from the apparently unlikely idea that he was there as a fan). On Sunday, French Exit opened for Andrew Jackson Jihad in Vemtura and the day after the AM! show they played the Redwood in LA with the Swellers... So they're definitely getting some higher-profile shows.

Plus, ya know, they're really good.

I noticed him there too and I'm betting he was scoping out French Exit (aside from the apparently unlikely idea that he was there as a fan). On Sunday, French Exit opened for Andrew Jackson Jihad in Vemtura and the day after the AM! show they played the Redwood in LA with the Swellers... So they're definitely getting some higher-profile shows.

Plus, ya know, they're really good.

Yeah they're awesome. Plus they were selling hand stamped test presses at the shows. It was pretty cool seeing them open for AJJ in Ventura and then the next night opening for AM!