The Concert Thread

I see a lot of scattered "I saw so-and-so live at the blah-and-blah" across the boards, but couldn't find any general topic of discussion. I searched, so please forgive me if it exists somewhere.

Talk about the shows you just went to or are about to attend. Anything and everything is fair game. Did you pick anything cool up or meet the artists?

I'm seeing Tim Kasher tomorrow night and pretty excited.

Was at a Lone Bellow show Tuesday night with a group in Atlanta and they were really great. Singer looked like he was going to cry a few times so not sure what that was about..

During the show they talked about living in acworth GA before moving to NY and about a Waffle House they used to go to so I told them if they were serious, my group would be waiting for them. And sure enough, they actually showed up so we chatted over chili and waffles. Nice group

Saw Muse 4 times this year. Awesome everytime.

Recently saw Toe & it was one of my favorite shows ever.

In the next month+ I'm seeing City & Colour, Ha Ha Tonka, Caspian/65daysofstatic, & Metric. Pretty pumped.

I'm not the hugest Muse fan, but I can imagine they put on fantastic shows.

Caspian will be in my city in late Nov. I might just have to check that out.

On an instrumental band note, I saw Mono once. I almost cried.

Saw Muse 4 times this year. Awesome everytime.

Recently saw Toe & it was one of my favorite shows ever.

In the next month+ I'm seeing City & Colour, Ha Ha Tonka, Caspian/65daysofstatic, & Metric. Pretty pumped.

Aw man just saw City & colour last night.  Dallas Green straight up asked the crowd for weed for some of his crew.  It's been funny seeing shows in Denver now.  Saw Muse last month and looooved it.

I've got a nice list of shows for the next two weeks: Kevin Devine, Tame Impala, Deer Tick, Iron & Wine

I was really into one of the lone bellow songs that was playing on a local station. And then they started playing it like 4 times a day.

Gotta hate that..

I remember listen to their cd but at the time it came out I heard it everywhere so by the time I saw them live the songs were actually refreshing to hear

I saw MS MR last week at the Independent in SF. They were really good! Sounded just like the album and they had a lot of energy.

Saw Surfer Blood at the Independent in SF a couple nights ago and it was...not so good. They were just super boring up on stage. Everyone in the crowd looked like they were falling asleep. My girlfriend was finding it hard to stay awake.

Saw NFG/ALK3 at the Warfield the day after Surfer Blood. It was AWESOME. NFG played first and then ALK3. Seriously like a high school wet dream. 2 of my favorite bands of all times. They had the black/yellow variant of Kill it Live and a bunch of t-shirts for both bands. They also have a limited edition /500 print for sale for $45. Only 20 are being sold at each show. I picked one of those up and can't wait to frame it.

Just got back from the Kevin Devine show in Denver.  It was like 5 years since I last saw him in either Albany with Jesse Lacey or one of his many shows in philly.

Never have I had an artist actually play free bird when someone yelled it.  And then thunderstruck.  And then sweet child o mine.  So that was legit.

Just got back from the Kevin Devine show in Denver.  It was like 5 years since I last saw him in either Albany with Jesse Lacey or one of his many shows in philly.

Never have I had an artist actually play free bird when someone yelled it.  And then thunderstruck.  And then sweet child o mine.  So that was legit.

Did he play the whole songs or just riffs from them?

Haha just little bits.  A verse in free bird, the riff and intro of thunderstruck, and then the intro and first verse and chorus of sweet child o mine.  seems like they were having fun.  just kind of going with the flow.

Ahh, good set list? Do you remember what his vinyl was selling for? I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Pittsburgh.