The Concert Thread

anyone know why the menzingers have decided to play my hometown of edmonton on new years eve when we're in the middle of nowhere and they have no other dates announced...? i'm not complaining, but this is extremely strange. 
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f83aed895...7ymo1_1280.jpg

here's to hoping they bring epitaph or preferably scranton friends with them.

Now, Now / Kevin Devine on Wednesday night!

Just got back from this with user: televised. Holy hell, Kevin Devine was amazing. Seriously killed it. It was cool to stick around afterwards and talk to him a bit. He's a super down to earth guy and seemed genuinely interested in what we thought of the show, etc. He was cool enough to sign a couple records and take a photo. When I showed him the slip cover for Delusion - Stages he freaked out a little and said he hadn't seen it in 15 years and went into some things about it. I also asked him about the "mystery track" on Put Your Ghost To Rest that has the lyrics listed but never was recorded, I See America's Promise. He told me that it's actually a poem that he wrote at the time and felt it tied in really well with a few of the other tracks on the album so it earned its place in the track listing. All around, had a fantastic night. 

found out yesterday morning that David Dondero was in town playing a show.   been listening to Dondero for 10 years and had never caught him live before last night.  had never heard of the place he was playing....turns out it's some kind of yuppy creative writing center that looks like this:

7c02d65e526011e3b288120a0accdd14_8.jpg

anyone know why the menzingers have decided to play my hometown of edmonton on new years eve when we're in the middle of nowhere and they have no other dates announced...? i'm not complaining, but this is extremely strange. 

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f83aed895...7ymo1_1280.jpg

here's to hoping they bring epitaph or preferably scranton friends with them.

Maybe a promoter threw a bunch of money at them?

In other news, I'm (in theory) going to see Iron Chic on Sunday night.  Never seen them before.  Anyone know what stuff they usually play?

Went to Slayer/Gojira the other night.  Thankfully tickets were free.  Gojira killed it.  Slayer was ok, but to me they sound totally different without Jeff.  Paul Bostaph definitely killed it on drums but I was super disappointed that, as usual, they played nothing from Divine Intervention. 

Going to Kreator/Overkill/Warbringer tomorrow night.  Can't wait for this thrash fest!

going back about a month, i've had to miss because of work:

minus the bear in boston

the red sox parade

built to spill in connecticut

kanye & kendrick in boston

tonight & tomorrow, kevin devine in connecticut and boston

also tomorrow, survivor series in boston

oh, and next month, of course i didn't get tickets to brand new.

that list is hall & oates, wilco, and a fucking live taping of parks and rec away from being EVERYTHING I LOVE.

th_stewie-gun.gif