The Concert Thread

Finally saw City and Colour live. It was amazing, I was just a bit disappointed by the setlist.

He didn't play "Of Space and Time", "Day Old Hate", "Sometimes", "Weightless", "What Makes a Man?" or "Save Your Scissors" and those are my favorite songs by him. Especially bummed about "Sometimes" and "Day Old Hate", since he used to love to play these songs live, but I guess those times are over now.

Anyway, like I said it was still amazing, he also played for almost 2 hours. Hannah Georgas was the opening act and she did pretty well too. I actually wasn't that impressed after listening to some of her songs on youtube, but she sounds great live. Definetely going to give her music another try now.

Russian Circles 3/5

This Will Destroy You 3/18

Helvetia 4/4

Neutral Milk Hotel 4/6

Godflesh 4/18

Silver Mt. Zion 4/30

Mono 5/5

Mogwai 5/24

Solid list. I'd love to go to all of those shows. I'm especially jealous that you're seeing A Silver Mt. Zion. Sadly, I have yet to see any incarnation of SMZ or Godspeed live.

• 2 weeks later...

March 27th - The Ataris in Philly, PA

April 2nd - The Lone Bellow in Annapolis, MD

April 3rd - The Lone Bellow in York, PA

April 4th - Less Than Jake in Lancaster, PA

April 6th - Dave Hause in Philly, PA

April 12th - either The Wonder Years in Philly, PA or Matt Pyror in Atlantic City, NJ

April 23rd - Chuck Ragan in Philly, PA

April 26th - Wakey!Wakey! in Philly, PA

Going to be a tiring month.

March 27th - The Ataris in Philly, PA

April 2nd - The Lone Bellow in Annapolis, MD

April 3rd - The Lone Bellow in York, PA

April 4th - Less Than Jake in Lancaster, PA

April 6th - Dave Hause in Asbury Park, NJ

April 12th - either The Wonder Years in Philly, PA or Matt Pyror in Atlantic City, NJ

April 23rd - Chuck Ragan in Philly, PA

April 26th - Wakey!Wakey! in Philly, PA

Going to be a tiring month.

Dave Hause is playing in Asbury on 4/6?

last wednesday was pretty rad.

3/5:  BiggieVsTupac, August Spies, The Fourth Estate, and Iron Chic....then walked 2 blocks down the road to my work where I caught

Purling Hiss and Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks (who called the next day looking for his lost Prada Sunglasses...)

needless to say, that was a radical night as far as live music goes

3/8:  (Saturday) Dan Sartain (opening for), Nothing, and Weekend  really really weird fit to throw Sartain on this show, but I thoroughly enjoyed Dan's set and Nothing's set.....Weekend was being recorded for an episode of We Have Signal (http://wehavesignal.org/)....but I found them quite "meh" live, so i dipped out part way through their set

3/10: (Monday, yesterday) The Caution Children, Prawn, Frameworks, Special Explosion, and You Blew It!  

The Caution Children played really well....but in fucking true DIY style i couldn't hear the fucking vocals.   this was Prawn's first show in Alabama, we've been trying to book them here for almost 2 years and it always falls through....to say I was stoked would be the understatement of the year.  frameworks were OK live, singer was pretty sick and it showed.  Special Explosion i found to be quite boring live...  You Blew It! were terrific live, i enjoy them waaaaay more live than on their recordings

3/11: (Tuesday, today)  heading to Chattanooga with a co-worker....he's going to see We Were Promised Jet Packs (who i find terribly boring live and kind of "too rock star for thou" upon their last visit to the venue we work at)....but their opener Honeyblood, who still don't have out a record, are fucking amazing and being that they're from Scottland, not sure when i'll get to catch them again....he and I plan to attempt to get them booked at the venue where we work whenever their record comes out.

3/14:  (Friday)  get to watch my friends and newest Sub Pop signee's play at the venue I work at.  Lee Baines III & The Glory Fires, hopefully Lee will be kind enough to bring a Test Press for me to hear the new record

last couple weeks were packed with shows...

2/28 - off with their heads / slow death / Wolf face

3/1 - Drag the river / Chris wollard & the ship theives

3/3 - Iron Chic

3/5 - Comeback Kid

3/6 - Lightning Hockey Game  <-- i had tickets to the private Paramore show but gave them up for club seats at the hockey game.

that was a ton of back to back shows... Im getting too old for that much action in a short amount of time.

then upcoming i have:

3/12 - agent orange

3/20 - Between the buried in me / deafheaven (only going if i can weasel free tickets)

3/22 - Dave hause

3/27 - Lightning Hockey Game (club seats with as much free food and booze as you can handle)

4/4 - Mobb Deep (only going if i can weasel free tickets)

4/11 - Jim Norton (stand up comedian)

4/12 - Dead Milkmen

4/30 - Chuck Ragan

7/2 - Menzingers

Fiance got us tickets to see Ellie Goulding for Valentine's day.

She knows damn well that I would leave her for Ellie Goulding.

my girlfriend and i have the same understanding. i've dragged her to see ellie five times. i've met her twice too. my girlfriend pretends to not like her, but i've caught her jamming to ellie more than a few times. 

Saw flogging molly on saturday. Most of the set was old stuf and they played for two hours. See them on this tour if you can. Super fun and last green 17 they are doing.

Headed to the sword and big business tonight and then dropkick murphys saturday. Busy week of shows...

Just saw them here in Chicago, best set I've seen them play in awhile.

Tried to get Lana Del Rey tickets today. Immediately sold out on the venue site, but now hundreds of overpriced tickets are on other sites. Kinda bummed

i tried too. sold out the aragon (in chicago) immediately. i've never seen that happen. and this is a ticketless show, which means you can only enter with the purchaser's credit card. almost makes me want to buy some scalped tickets, grab the guy's CC and run. 

Tried to get Lana Del Rey tickets today. Immediately sold out on the venue site, but now hundreds of overpriced tickets are on other sites. Kinda bummed

i tried too. sold out the aragon (in chicago) immediately. i've never seen that happen. and this is a ticketless show, which means you can only enter with the purchaser's credit card. almost makes me want to buy some scalped tickets, grab the guy's CC and run. 

Same thing happened to me for Orlando.  I bitched them out on Facebook and they "found" 2 extra tickets to sell me.  Which is honeslty a class act, they could have just ignored me.

I kind of hate shows that require the cc person to get in. I wanted to go see tom waits like 5 years ago and a buddy was going to let me use tickets he couldnt use and they would not let him switch names or anything. Believe he was out the money because he couldnt go.