The Concert Thread

Saw Springsteen tonight. It was unreal seeing him trade solos with Tom Morello.

Leaving work and walking to my car i passed consol and its crazy seeing the crowd that went to the show. you have people in all different age groups, metalheads, punkers. The whole gambit.

Did you get to check out any local shops? You arent from pittsburgh correct?

Rolling Stones in Bell Vue Manchester in 1972. They were brilliant, with Billy Preston on the same bill.

After the show we hung around the back stage door and out came the Stones who ran into various cars which we all chased out the car park!

When you were -2 years old

After a really slow winter, concert season has begun!

So far I've seen...

4/12 - Phantogram; Teen (Madison, WI)

4/15 - The National; Daughter (Chicago, IL)

4/19 - Jack White; Whirlwind Heat (Nashville, TN)

4/25 - We Are Scientists, PAWS (Chicago, IL)

Next up:

5/4 - Angel Olsen (Chicago)

5/16 - Owls (Chicago)

5/17 - Haim; Tennis (Chicago)

5/22 - Aziz Ansari (Chicago)

6/6 - Phoenix, Outkast, Damon Albarn, Julian Casablancas, Neko Case, Grimes, Jenny Lewis (Governors Ball, NYC)

6/6 - Washed Out (Brooklyn Bowl, NYC)

6/7 - Jack White, The Strokes, Disclosure, Spoon, Broken Bells, Sleigh Bells, RJD2, Diarrhea Planet (Governors Ball, NYC)

6/8 - Vampire Weekend, Interpol, The Kills, Wild Belle, Banks (Governors Ball, NYC)

7/18-20 Pitchfork Fest: Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, St Vincent, Slowdive, Grimes, Real Estate, Cloud Nothings (Chicago)

7/23 - Jack White (Chicago Theater)

9/12-14 Riot Fest (Chicago)

9/25-28 Pygmalion Fest: CHVRCHES, American Football, Panda Bear, Real Estate, Tycho, Sun Kill Moon, Deafheaven (Champaign, IL)

Leaving work and walking to my car i passed consol and its crazy seeing the crowd that went to the show. you have people in all different age groups, metalheads, punkers. The whole gambit.

Did you get to check out any local shops? You arent from pittsburgh correct?

I didn't have too much free time, unfortunately, but I did manage to hit up the exchange in Oakland and another shop. I forget the second place's name, but it was on the second floor of a place where the first floor was a coffee shop and the third floor was a book/comic book store. Next time I'm out there I plan on trying to see more.

I didn't have too much free time, unfortunately, but I did manage to hit up the exchange in Oakland and another shop. I forget the second place's name, but it was on the second floor of a place where the first floor was a coffee shop and the third floor was a book/comic book store. Next time I'm out there I plan on trying to see more.

Second one is mind cure. Its a great shop. Owner gets a wide range of genres and is super friendly and helpful. Some exchanges are better than others in regards to vinyl and their used bins. Next time you are back let me know and i can reccommend shops if you need it.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw The Killers play a warm up show in CT ahead of some festival they're playing down south later in the week. Setlist was a little short, but the show itself was stripped-down and felt pretty intimate despite the fact it was in an arena. Plus I was finally able to get up front, which was cool since the first time I saw them (and when I saw Brandon play a solo show back in 2010) I had pretty crappy seats.

Good show. They have yet to disappoint me live.