The Concert Thread

last years was really fun.  i was excited to see Flight of the concords even more than chapelle, though both did not disappoint.  This years I also plan on going to, though the headliners are Silverman and Burr not Aziz and Louie which I would prefer.  I have seen Louie about 4 times now and he never disappoints...  

I am assuming his set was all new stuff?

Off to see Childish Gambino a week on Tuesday in Brixton. Can't wait.

Hopefully going to be able to get tickets for Brand New in Orlando on 24th October to fill the gap from Alkaline Trio in Brooklyn & Fest.

Never used stubhub and having to be International I don't know if this will hamper my attempts. Does anyone know?

Had the third year of High-Five Fest yesterday....got to watch two legendary Birmingham bands reunite (Arclight and Plate-Six) as well as Wray (just had a write up in The New York Times), Shaheed & DJ Supreme, and Man Or Astro-Man?...was a hell of a work day, but probably one of the raddest things to be a part of for me personally

Saw Boris last weekend, it was my first time ever listening to them, and man, what a great show they put on! 

This upcoming weekend is going to be fun. Old Gray on Friday and Basement on Sunday, can't wait!

I got to see Old Gray this past Friday. It was amazing!!! They put on a great show, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.

Guys, I saw Nothing the other and they were excellent. Unfortunately they were pretty much out of all shirts in S & M & L.

Seeing Maylene and the Sons of Disaster and He Is Legend tomorrow.

it was awesome. I wish the set was a little longer though.

Are you going to see Beck/Future Islands on Thursday? I'm so excited for that show.

it was awesome. I wish the set was a little longer though.

Are you going to see Beck/Future Islands on Thursday? I'm so excited for that show.

I'm thinking about it. How was the craziness last Thursday for Local Natives?

My roommate went to Wu Tang and said it was insane. I have tickets for Beck, but I don't know if I want to bother.

I'm thinking about it. How was the craziness last Thursday for Local Natives?

My roommate went to Wu Tang and said it was insane. I have tickets for Beck, but I don't know if I want to bother.

it wasn't too bad. I think the crowds have been aller this year than they were last year. I've been standing farther back in the crowd and it's been nice. I hate being near the front and having the teenage-bro-train of 15 people plow their way to the front. For $5 I'd say it's well worth enduring the crowds to see Beck. If you can't stand it and leave early you're only out $5 anyways.

this big comedy fest turned out a lot better than i thought it would be (it was at a massive outside venue).

10598699_1536332293244858_1613953249_n.j

I'm seeing this on Saturday, but with Sarah Silverman, Dave Attell and Amy Schumer instead of Aziz Ansari, Marc Maron & Jeff Ross. Why did Jeff Ross have two sets? I'm fine with not seeing Maron, since he's only scheduled 15 minutes, definitely not enough time for him.

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster was fucking amazing last night. I screamed my lungs out. Got stage side at one point. Got on the very edge of the stage and dove sideways. Screamed "stand up, fists out" in the mic with Dallas while being surfed. Fucking amazing. Chipped tooth, black eye, soar throat, worth it.