The Concert Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Man.....the venue I work at is closing at the end of the month, and though our ninth anniversary of our first show is tomorrow, it feel like we've been open an eternity.....and it's like achieved this crazy legendary status because of the bands we've brought through the city and changed touring routes for the forseable future......it's fucking crazy having to deal with this.

Our final show is the 28th of this month and it's gonna be fucking crazy. We researched who had played here te most and it happened to be a band we're well connected with and so we got them onboard and we're making it an all day festival...

Closing down a reputable venue is weird as well

But I'm looking forward to catching Young Widows one more time at this place I love, especially with local favorites and co-workers' band Collesium....it's gonna be like Fucking crazy

Man.....the venue I work at is closing at the end of the month, and though our ninth anniversary of our first show is tomorrow, it feel like we've been open an eternity.....and it's like achieved this crazy legendary status because of the bands we've brought through the city and changed touring routes for the forseable future......it's fucking crazy having to deal with this.

Our final show is the 28th of this month and it's gonna be fucking crazy. We researched who had played here te most and it happened to be a band we're well connected with and so we got them onboard and we're making it an all day festival...

Closing down a reputable venue is weird as well

But I'm looking forward to catching Young Widows one more time at this place I love, especially with local favorites and co-workers' band Collesium....it's gonna be like Fucking crazy

Dude you always see the best shows I am really bummed for you.

Dude you always see the best shows I am really bummed for you.

It sucks....Torche's favorite venue, Evan from Young Widows' favorite venue, The Hold Steady's favorite venue.......

We're a 250 cap room that had A Silver Mount Zion play and at the end of the show Efrim gave our owner his number and said "put this in your phone. Godspeed is making a new record. I want to play here when we release it. I'll be in touch". Sure enough, she gets a call from Efrim a few months later saying "what do you have open? We're routing our tour, and we're seriously adamant about playing there". So shows were already confirmed and we gave them our earliest slot and they ended up moving an entire your route just to play our 250 cap room.....

TV On The Radio refused to play anywhere else when they booked their cookie mountain tour.....

Our humble venue is literally world renown....Sigur Rós did an after party DJ set at our place on their last US tour...Modest Mouse had an after party here when Johnny Marr was in the band

We've had some rad shit...seen bands like Beach House play to 20 people an a year later sell out our venue and then refuse to play anywhere else in town after that.

It's been a really rad ride