The Concert Thread

I was just thinking about all the concerts I've been to and there's one that I wish I could remember. My dad took me to the Metallica Sanitarium tour in 2003. I was 13 and honestly I was into rap at the time (growing up in a ghetto city didn't help my influences). Didn't know much about music but I can confidently say my life changed that day. Metallica, Mudvayne, Deftones, Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park. If only I could go back and revisit it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got six shows in a row this week. The spring concert season is hitting hard this year.

Tuesday - Craft Spells/The Bilinda Butchers

Wednesday - The Shivas/Twerps

Thursday - Father Murphy/Caddywhompus/Cool Ghouls/Naan Violence/Native America/Greebes

Friday - Cymbals Eat Guitars/This Will Destroy You

Saturday - TV on the Radio/Nostalghia

• 3 weeks later...

I've got six shows in a row this week. The spring concert season is hitting hard this year.

Tuesday - Craft Spells/The Bilinda Butchers

Wednesday - The Shivas/Twerps

Thursday - Father Murphy/Caddywhompus/Cool Ghouls/Naan Violence/Native America/Greebes

Friday - Cymbals Eat Guitars/This Will Destroy You

Saturday - TV on the Radio/Nostalghia

Good luck with that

Last Friday I saw suicide machines w/ break anchor, bastardous, Derek grant, and all eyes west. Break anchor and bastardous were both really good and I would recommend ffo bad religion, anti flag, flatliners, and suicide machines since both acts had members of suicide machines.

This Friday is DEFEATER. Show is sold out and there is no barricade.

Saw Polaris last night. Relived my childhood from hearing all the music from the Adventures of Pete & Pete. Not only did they play for 2 hours (played their full length album, unreleased stuff, new stuff, R.E.M. cover), but they sounded exactly like they did 20 years ago. It was an interesting group of people young and old, just dancing around. Such a good time. I met Mark (lead singer / guitarist) and got him to sign my screen print. He was really nice and down to earth. Such a great show.

It was cool getting to see a band that I've been listening to for 20 years, cause there aren't many bands I can say that about being I was 8. Such a cool experience.

These are the announced shows at the new venue I work at that I'm going to catch

Saturday May 2nd: Octopus Project with Nowhere Squares

Sunday May 3rd: Diarrhea Planet

Wednesday May 6th: Creepoid with Null

Thursday May 7th: Patterson Hood

Friday May 8th: Built To Spill

Saturday May 9th: Dead Milkmen

Monday May 11th: Mariachi el Bronx

Saturday May 16th: Polyphonic Spree

Thursday May 28th: Mac McCauphan

Tuesday June 2nd: Melt Banana with GT and Droves

Wednesday June 24th: Man Man (maybe I won't get punched in the face for throwing somebody out of this show since I'm not working security)

Sunday June 28th: Ben Nichols

Friday July 3rd: Fucked Up

Tuesday July 7th: MewithoutYou

Saturday July 25th: Dustin Kensrue

Passion Pit tonight in Norfolk, VA (never seen them live before)

Brand New in 2 weeks in Raleigh, NC (haven't seen them live since 2009)

and maybe Tyler, The Creator in Norfolk just after that. (only seen Odd Future at Coachella a few years back)

also caught Matt & Kim last week for the first time ever.  WHAT A SUPER FUN SHOW!!!!

These are the announced shows at the new venue I work at that I'm going to catch

Saturday May 2nd: Octopus Project with Nowhere Squares

Sunday May 3rd: Diarrhea Planet

Wednesday May 6th: Creepoid with Null

Thursday May 7th: Patterson Hood

Friday May 8th: Built To Spill

Saturday May 9th: Dead Milkmen

Monday May 11th: Mariachi el Bronx

Saturday May 16th: Polyphonic Spree

Thursday May 28th: Mac McCauphan

Tuesday June 2nd: Melt Banana with GT and Droves

Wednesday June 24th: Man Man (maybe I won't get punched in the face for throwing somebody out of this show since I'm not working security)

Sunday June 28th: Ben Nichols

Friday July 3rd: Fucked Up

Tuesday July 7th: MewithoutYou

Saturday July 25th: Dustin Kensrue

Simply amazing.

Love Patterson Hood.

Simply amazing.

Love Patterson Hood.

Really stoked...we open 1st of May with first two shows being free (Octopus Project FOR FREE) and the cafe side we're brewing STUMPTOWN coffee (only place in Alabama that will have it) and we'll be the first bar in town to have cocktails on draught. The artist area/green room I can guarantee is the most accommodating in the country (probably even more so than venues 4 times our size)....even though it's a corporately owned venue....it's going to feel like home to a whole hell of a lot of bands, I'll go ahead and call it before we even open, this venue will be almost every band's favorite venue that they play in the country.