The Concert Thread

Going to blink 182 on September 9 and explosions in the sky September 10th then taking an indefinite hiatus on going to concerts. 

Itll be a little over 14 years since I saw blink 182 for my very first concert at the same venue. And eits are a band I've been trying to see for years. 

During the the time off I plan on going through pictures from all the concerts. Chronicling as much as I can remember. Framing some concert posters. Thinning out some merch. And probably planning something big for when I end the break.  

On 5/16/2016 at 4:10 AM, Mr Mojo said:

I saw Cult of Luna on the final date of their Somewhere Along The Highway tour yesterday.

As expected it was totally brilliant. They always are.

I was also really impressed with the opening acts pg.lost and Josefine Öhrn & The Liberation. Have to get albums with both acts.

eMjmChU.jpg

What camera did you use?

15 hours ago, hxcoliver said:

Shit, hope I don't get to that point. I fucking love for going to shows. I would go to one everyday if I could 

I probably went to a minimum of 3 shows a week from 18/19-27/28...I've worked at music venues for the past 5 years....I'm over live music (except for big shows)....working a lot of mediocre shows from easily forgettable bands compounded with seeing great shows where nobody shows up has destroyed live music for me.   I still get really psyched when a band is just really great live....but that seems to be less and less excited to me these days and the last band I was genuinely excited to see live was Sheer Mag

On 5/17/2016 at 9:36 AM, vinyl addict said:

I know what you mean, I used to go to A LOT of concerts. You kinda get burned out after a while.

I hope i don't hit this point, though I know it is coming eventually. So far in 2016 I have gone to 73 concerts.

But it's hard to get burned out/over it when there is so much great music out there. This Friday night I see Explosions in the Sky at the Fillmore in Philly, and then as that ends... Rufus Wainwright starts upstairs at the Foundry.

This week is going wayyyy too slow.

Edited by xjerseyxrockerx

I used to go to 3 shows a week on average in high school and college. Now its hard for me to go to some with getting up at 6 am and working. Especially bar shows that start at 9 or 10 which means i leave at 1-2 then have to get up a few hours later. It really has to be someone i want to see to do that.

plus the cost of shows has gone up. I wanted to go see head wound city open for savages last night but cant justify the 25 dollar price to watch them and ultimately leave.

3 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I used to go to 3 shows a week on average in high school and college. Now its hard for me to go to some with getting up at 6 am and working. Especially bar shows that start at 9 or 10 which means i leave at 1-2 then have to get up a few hours later. It really has to be someone i want to see to do that.

plus the cost of shows has gone up. I wanted to go see head wound city open for savages last night but cant justify the 25 dollar price to watch them and ultimately leave.

I'm in the same place.  Was averaging about 3 shows a week between 16 and 20, but I just can't do it anymore.  In addition to the cost, I just find it a lot harder to justify all the time and energy of going to shows of bands I don't really even care about.

But I got great tickets to The Cure for exactly 3 weeks from today, like tickets I wouldn't have felt comfortable spending as much on a couple years back - so I feel like I'm trading quantity for quality.

16 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Anyone plan on going to the RATM/ Public Enemy show?

Word on the street is RATM sans Zach, with Chuck D and B-Real

Dates should be announced June 1

http://prophetsofrage.com Thee link is pretty much just to sign up for email updates

I wouldn't be opposed to it - I actually think that would make a pretty good show. 

Public Enemy has a pretty full tour schedule until August (psyched to see them in Lawrence in late June), so if it is a tour then it'll be a ways off.

• 2 weeks later...