The Concert Thread

Currently in Sacramento for Aftershock, here's a rundown of how everyone was for day 1

Death Angel: Bay area thrash, 3rd time I saw them and they were fun as usual.

Baroness: Really good festival set, first time I saw them and they did a bunch of new ones, which was fine since I loved Purple.

Face to Face: First time seeing them and they're the only punk band on the bill, another fun one.

Deafheaven: Good set from them, a lot of people didn't seem like they knew what was going on during their set.

Anthrax: I missed most of their set cause I wanted to see Face To Face, but I saw them end with Indians.

Meshuggah: I saw the first part of their set then went to get a good spot for Primus and Tool, of course as soon as I walked away they played Bleed, I've seen them before though so I was cool with this.

Primus: Really fucken good set, first half was good album cut then the second half was hits, I got to see them do Mr. Crinkle this time around so I was happy as fuck about that.

Tool: FUCKING AMAZING HOLY FUCK.

Second time I saw them and this time around their set was great. Maynard was in his Robocop get-up, and their was definitely some errors but they're like my favorite band so I really didn't care, especially since the set was good, kinda upset they ended 10 minutes earlier than their schedule, would have been cool to see like Lateralus or something but it's all good.

Setlist:

Third Eye

The Grudge

Parabola

Opiate

Ænema

Descending

Jambi

Forty-Six and 2

Sweat

Stinkfist

Quit both of my jobs (last day is Wednesday) and moving so this will probably be My last week of regular show-going for quite some time....I've been regular attending shows since I was 16, I'm 33 now, I guess it's time for a break from shows....anywho

Monday the 24th -- KYLE KINANE

Wenesday the 26th -- King (? No clue who they are, kind of bummed I'm ending working at venues on a band/group that i've never heard of)

Edited by birdwell

16 hours ago, birdwell said:

Quit both of my jobs (last day is Wednesday) and moving so this will probably be My last week of regular show-going for quite some time....I've been regular attending shows since I was 16, I'm 33 now, I guess it's time for a break from shows....anywho

Monday the 24th -- KYLE KINANE

Wenesday the 26th -- King (? No clue who they are, kind of bummed I'm ending working at venues on a band/group/what we I've never heard of)

Where are you moving to?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

This week: 

Thursday - Classic Albums Live performs Prince's Purple Rain

Friday - Steven Wilson in Orlando w/ John Wesley opening

Next week:

Friday: Owel and The Soil & The Sun in Orlando

The Soil & The Sun are such babes - I booked them a handful of years ago and they played a beautiful set (and even had their little ones tagging along!) Sounds like a good couple weeks :)

13 minutes ago, chkadea said:

The Soil & The Sun are such babes - I booked them a handful of years ago and they played a beautiful set (and even had their little ones tagging along!) Sounds like a good couple weeks :)

I saw them last year with From Indian Lakes! They were great. And yes, I am very very excited.

• 3 weeks later...

2017 is shaping up to be great:

Feb 10  Dashboard Confessional

Feb 14 AFI

Feb 15 ETID

Feb 26 JEW

Feb 28 Moose Blood

Mar 2 Circa Survive/mwY/Turnover

Mar 3 Against Me!

Mar 9 The Menzingers

Mar 29 AMITW

May 2 Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

May 9 NFG -  Sticks and Stones/Catalyst

Edited by texan4life

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

Got my Green Day fan club tickets yesterday. Also, the FYS Rise or Die Trying dates are getting announced today.

Stoked that Green Day is coming to Indiana this time around. I get to go for work, so my ticket, time, and mileage will be paid for :) luckily it's also at a place with a massive lawn so I don't really have to worry about horrible prices or selling out. 

18 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Stoked that Green Day is coming to Indiana this time around. I get to go for work, so my ticket, time, and mileage will be paid for :) luckily it's also at a place with a massive lawn so I don't really have to worry about horrible prices or selling out. 

Where do you work/what do you do? I want to get paid to go to shows :P

2 hours ago, Holo said:

Where do you work/what do you do? I want to get paid to go to shows :P

I work with a special needs teenager. He's 17 and his favorite band is Green Day, so we're going. He also went to warped with my this year haha. That was nice, 12 hours on the clock and 180 miles of driving paid for haha

On 11/01/2017 at 10:12 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

I work with a special needs teenager. He's 17 and his favorite band is Green Day, so we're going. He also went to warped with my this year haha. That was nice, 12 hours on the clock and 180 miles of driving paid for haha

Have a good time! I think Green Day was the first band I ever saw live. Always a good show.