The Concert Thread

1 hour ago, texan4life said:

Nov 10-12 -- SOS Fest -- Austin

Is Sound On Sound done by whatever company bought out FunFunFun?  I know last year would've been 10 years of FunFunFun and they lost some people or got bought out and couldn't pull it together?  Basically, line-up wise and the dates line up with FunFunFun, so just wondering if SOS is the new condensed FFF

On 6/20/2017 at 10:46 PM, vinyl addict said:

Went to the Dead and Co on Sunday at Fenway Park.

Holy hell that was amazing. People were drinking and smoking/doing nitrous balloons right on Brookline Ave and Yawkey Way. Never seen anything like it.

I've been seeing Nitrous in Chicago a bunch recently. Most aggregous was after an STS9 show outside the House of Blues which is located downtown. 

Several tanks at Dead at Solider Field two years ago and last year for Phish at Wrigley Field. Expect them this weekend at Wrigley for Dead & Co 

1 hour ago, birdwell said:

Is Sound On Sound done by whatever company bought out FunFunFun?  I know last year would've been 10 years of FunFunFun and they lost some people or got bought out and couldn't pull it together?  Basically, line-up wise and the dates line up with FunFunFun, so just wondering if SOS is the new condensed FFF

Yea, I think you're right. A guy who is a partner of Transmission Events created SOS, & him and some other people founded FFF Fest.

I saw Cheer-Accident for the first time last Wednesday and it exceeded all of my expectations. I've always enjoyed them, but they have so many albums (18 now!) and with it mostly being instrumental and relatively avant-garde, it's been hard to keep tabs on what's what. They blew me away and I definitely need to spend some more time studying their discography. Highly recommended live act.

• 2 weeks later...

The rest of my July should be pretty fun (and tiring):

July 10th - Now, Now - Philadelphia
July 12th - New Found Glory - Wilmington
July 13th - Katie Ellen - Philadelphia
July 14th - Waxahatchee (Free at Noon) - Philadelphia
July 14th - New Found Glory - Lancaster
July 15th - The Superweaks - Philadelphia
July 17th - The Flatliners/Pkew Pkew Pkew/Garrett Dale - Philadelphia
July 20th - Incubus/Jimmy Eat World - Camden
July 23rd - Radio 104.5 Block Party ( Misterwives/Rubblebucket/Beach Slang) - Philadelphia
July 26th - Ben Gibbard - Washington D.C.
July 28th - XPoNential Festival (Pinegrove/Arkells/Hop Along/Conor Oberst) - Camden
July 28th - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Philadelphia
July 29th - XPoNential Festival (The Suffers/Strand of Oaks/Dave Hause/Spoon/Preservation Hall Jazz Band) - Camden
July 30th - Dashboard Confessional/All-American Rejects - Bethlehem

Hoping that secret Dave Hause show in Philly winds up being on the 31st to close out the month nicely.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

On 7/20/2017 at 10:13 AM, hallowken78 said:

Going to see Ghost headline tonight - caught them last month on the Maiden tour but I'm curious to hear how the new lineup sounds in the familiar setting of a smaller venue.

I was at the Fillmore show as well.. I thought it was a very entertaining show.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Ryan Adams recently... played a long and good show, then I waited outside with 2 other people for an autograph afterwards, he saw us and still walked to his van. I'll never understand that... 

Before that it was Tool. Great show but I hated being sat down on the floor seats. Show was a little short though, I guess Maynard's voice gave out a bit and they took a few songs off the end.

Got some more good shows coming up though... U2, Gorillaz, QOTSA, Pinback (2 shows in chicago), and LCD Soundsystem. 

Edited by bluescreenlife

On 7/28/2017 at 0:19 PM, zara said:

Saw City of Caterpillar and they were amazing! I never thought i'd get to see them!

Always great to see those bands you never thought would come around. For me that was American Football for a long time, then I got to see them in Chicago last October and again this spring in Minneapolis. Both awesome shows, big dumb smile on my face the whole time.

13 hours ago, marc32137 said:

Matchbox 20 next weekend, Social D in 2 weeks and Green Day in 3 weeks. Awesome way to close out the summer. 

I also got tickets for Citizen and Sorority Noise in November this week. 

Citizen and Sorority are playing near me too, I should probably go. I was really into Youth for a bit last year. Are they good live?

caught Rivers Edge (2/3 (Terry and Ben) of This Bike Is A Pipebomb's new band), Your Pest Band, and Invisible Teardrops this past Thursday

YPB were one of the tightest garage sets I've seen in years, those dudes are so damn tuned in to one another

Invisible Teardrops were killer, I'm such a fanboy of all of his bands/side projects....this is the closest one to The Wednesdays that I've seen him in, such a fun set

Rivers Edge is fucking awesome, I hope they continue on for as long as ThisBikeIsPipebomb did

Edited by birdwell