The Concert Thread

• 1 month later...

Saw death grips last month and it was one of the most disappointing shows I’ve ever been to. There were no lighting effects other than a single strobe and a red background, ride looked out of energy / tired as Hell with minimal stage presence,  and the crowd was full of kids and parents pushing in and out. The vocals were way too quiet compared to everything else. At least they played all my favorite songs, though.

Saw Perturbator last night, didn't think I was gonna go cause work but I got out early enough to just catch his set. Missed Gost though. 

Wednesday I'm seeing Madeintyo and Thursday I'm seeing La Dispute, both for work related reasons, but should be cool.

Edited by Reshiram

23 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

So who scored with the $20 tickets today? I got a pair for Rob Thomas and for 311/Dirty Heads. My fiance wanted some for J.Lo but those went fast.

I'm getting Mastodon and Coheed tickets, then maybe some Beast Coast (Joey Badass, with Flatbush Zombies and a bunch of other NY artist), and maybe Smashing Pumpkins tickets.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, Reshiram said:

Saw Perturbator last night, didn't think I was gonna go cause work but I got out early enough to just catch his set. Missed Gost though. 

Wednesday I'm seeing Madeintyo and Thursday I'm seeing La Dispute, both for work related reasons, but should be cool.

I saw Pertubator and Gost last night. Had never seen either and had missed both on separate occasions. So rad they played together and it was damn amazing. The crowd was so wild and rowdy and fun, for both, i had a freaking blast!! Nonstop energy 

• 3 weeks later...

Casey's final show in Chicago was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen so much love in one room. It was so nice to get to spend time with friends I rarely see as well as meet some new ones. I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos captured in the next couple days as they emerge online. I don't think there could've been a better send off for this band

• 3 months later...

I finally saw The Cure this last weekend, and had an absolute hell experience getting into the Rose Bowl, the show was a festival taking place in the park next to Rose Bowl and I had work, got out at 3:30 and Deftones played and went on at 4:45, went to park when a woman waved me into the rideshare drop off, by the time I parked I walked over to the line and it was about half a mile long, so I completely missed Deftones, THEN the woman who scanned my ticket scanned it twice and said it wasn't valid, I had to walk to the box office and waited 20 minutes for them to tell me they couldn't check the ticket scan history and couldn't do s refund because I didn't buy the ticket ( I got it off craigslist). After asking the guy I bought it from if anyone else had the ticket, he said no and agreed to talk to the box office if needed to work out a refund, waited in the 20 minute line again for this new person to immediately pull up the ticket scan history and she saw it was scanned 9 times in about 20 seconds. They gave me a new ticket and I saw the last 5 or so minutes of Pixies then waited 40 minutes in the merch line. Goldenvoice can somehow run Coachella but can't do anything else.

Also, flying up to San Francisco for the weekend, gonna catch Massive Attack tomorrow and then Metallica Sunday for the S&M2 show. If anyone is in SF and can point me to a good bar around the new Chase Center or Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, I'm all ears.

• 1 month later...

Had a punk rock week. Saw Dropkick Murphys for the first time on Tuesday, with Clutch and Hatebreed who were great as always. Then on Thursday I got to see Bad Religion do a small radio show that happened at my old college. You could only get in through radio contest but they gave my school a guest list and I managed to make it. They only did 7 songs and an interview but it was fun nonetheless. Then last night I caught Bad Cop Bad Cop and The Bar Stool Preachers at my favorite punk bar. A good week, it has been.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Have any cities started having concerts?

Cult Classic Brewing in Stevensville, MD (close to the Bay Bridge) has started having artists perform under a tent outside the venue since the weather's nice and people can still practice social distancing. Delaware will allow outside events up to 250 people next week if they can practice social distancing but I think that was mainly so people could still have weddings. I definitely got lucky getting married last year and not during all this...

Edited by N8TRU

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So first concert since everything tonight. It was supposed to be tomorrow at The Forum with The Foo Fighters but they rescheduled. So decided to look at the Hollywood Bowl line-up this year and cross off some artists I've always been curious to see live, the first being tonight.

Christina Aguilera with the LA Phil. Should be fun, lol.

I'm fully vaxxed but will still be wearing mask since the mandate is going back up tomorrow tonight. Everybody be careful and wear a mask at the very last, get vaxxed if you can.

I've been to 3 shows since May thanks to Maryland having their stuff together. Yatra/Dirt Woman, a house show in MD with local bands, and Jarhead Fertilizer/Yatra. They've all been great. Next up is a comedy show with Shayne Smith and then Full of Hell's first hometown show since 2017. Can't wait for more but I hope more people will get vaccinated so shows can continue. We're lucky to be able to have them in the first place 

Show #4 was Living Colour & Hoobastank in Ocean City MD. I can't believe how good both bands were. Say what you want about radio rock but wow. They're both extremely good live. Tomorrow night is Shayne Smith for comedy, the next day is Dirt Woman/A Paramount, A Love Supreme/Tangled Up, and 2 days later is the almighty Full of Hell. It's a good time to be alive again. Make sure you get to a gig if you can.

I've been to a couple post-vaccination. Mike Dillion's (Primus/Claypool acts, Dead Kenny G's, Garage a Trois, Critters Buggin') Punkadelic with Brian Haas (Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey) and Nikki Glaspie (Nth Power). Second show was Zoocru (local Durham band) and Butcher Brown. Lots of good ones on the horizon including Consider the Source with Jonathan Scales Fourchestra, Black Midi, Tallest Man on Earth, Primus with the Sword.

Got two shows coming up in the next few weeks: King Crimson next Friday and then Pedro the Lion two weeks later.  Really looking forward to both, and just being able to see shows again in general.  After that my calendar is really quiet until near the end of the year when I'm seeing Black Midi, Rolling Stones, and then Jeff Rosenstock.  Have not bought tickets for Mannequin Pussy yet, but will likely hit that show as well.  So no where near the frequency I'd hit gigs pre-COVID, but at least *some* stuff on the calendar again.