The Concert Thread

got to see Cove again last night.  insanely good live.

honestly, this is shit that I think most of this board could get into.....if you have like 6 minutes, you can blast their new E.P. at their bandcamp page, and if they come through your town, it's worth your time to go catch them live

http://covemusic.bandcamp.com/album/pig-god-ep

got to see Cove again last night.  insanely good live.

honestly, this is shit that I think most of this board could get into.....if you have like 6 minutes, you can blast their new E.P. at their bandcamp page, and if they come through your town, it's worth your time to go catch them live

http://covemusic.bandcamp.com/album/pig-god-ep

sup harmonics.  throwback shit right here.

So last night was a first for me - two shows in one night.  I've done two shows in one day before, but those were matinee/night deals.  Last night was the first time I ever went to one venue, caught a show, and then relocated to a different venue for a second.  I saw Hot Water Music and then took a cab to see Off With Their Heads.  I think I ended up missing the first three songs, but got to see the lion's share of OWTH's set.  'Twas a good night.  OWTH heads fans are energetic (and much younger than I).  

Nits to pick: HWM plays the shortest headlining sets of any band in their cohort (based on venue size, draw, ticket price, etc.).  Also, last night's set was devoid of Rooftops, Free Radio Gainesville, A Flight and a Crash, It's Hard to Know, Turnstile and Manual.  I get that a band can't play all their songs every show, but that seems insane to me.  Six of their best songs and live staples -- omitted!  

man i would love to get to see doomtree & POS.  Dessa played here a few weeks ago but i couldnt make it down there.

I was in NYC over the weekend, and was able to make it to the OWTH / Morning Glory show at the Knitting Factory which was awesome!

Now i got Dave Chappelle tomorrow (12/17), Filmage movie showing (1/17), Against Me! (1/24), Maybe seeing the Arctic Monkeys (2/1), Comeback kid (3/5), Dave Hause (3/22),

saw Zombi and Goblin last week. that ruled a bunch.

Done for the year it seems but just bought tickets to Neutral Milk Hotel in March.  Saw mangum last year and it was awesome.  this reunion show sold almost all its tickets in Pittsburgh in like 2 hours.  1500 of 1900 were gone by noonish.  Glad i bought them when they went on sale at 9.

Doomtree is awesome but I've never been to an independent hip hop show. Feel like I would be out of place.

Probably stupid thinking but yeah.

This was my first, i felt outta place. Everyone was so into it. But this is mn and they have a cult following here. I've also never seen so many drunk people at a show before. Especial girls, I feel like everyone of them was wobbling around

Anyone feel that 2014 will be the year concerts die? The Festival push has seen such a huge rise that it is really taking away from standard tours. Punk/Hardcore might take a little longer than other genres, but I see a rise in festivals for those bands too. I don't know where I'm going with this, but I just feel overwhelmed by festival announcements in December. And promoters are looking towards other countries, or large indoor events to make festival season year round. 

Anyone feel that 2014 will be the year concerts die? The Festival push has seen such a huge rise that it is really taking away from standard tours. Punk/Hardcore might take a little longer than other genres, but I see a rise in festivals for those bands too. I don't know where I'm going with this, but I just feel overwhelmed by festival announcements in December. And promoters are looking towards other countries, or large indoor events to make festival season year round. 

i disagree. i think there will always be a place for tours. People want longer sets from certain bands and they cant get that at festivals