The Concert Thread

hahaha yeah very true. i guess my nostalgic side wants to see Manson again, unfortunately i never saw him in his heyday.... 

and i never saw Rob Zombie, which i'm sure his shows are not good anymore.

Ive seen Rob Zombie a few times along with White Zombie twie. Rob can still put on a great show, but his music just isn't what it was. His shows have always been entertaining though.

Seen Manson 4 times, and the sound is always piss poor.

Puscifer on Friday!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deerhunter at Mr. Smalls in Pittsburgh this past Thursday night. Pretty solid set of newer stuff with a few older songs mixed in.

Bradford was doing a crippled James Brown persona that was odd, but clearly his thing for this tour/record. He had a cane, and he wore a jacket over his shoulders that he'd occasionally shrug off. The lead guitarist looked sedated, but sounded good. He could liven up a little. 

The new stuff was fun, but when they played two older songs for the encore, I was left thinking, "I wish the whole show was like this." 

Went to two shows yesterday, in the day I saw Violent Femmes at Fingerprints, they played a 4 new songs and then did one request, for some reason people wanted American Music over the other great songs and that was the only other song they played, which kinda blows, but I can't really complain since I got the new album and poster signed by the band, and three picks from the crew, which was neat. Then I saw Behemoth with Myrkur at the Observatory, Behemoth was phenomenal, they did all of The Satanist and two encores, it was a great show.

Went to An Evening With Mark Lanegan at Union Chapel last week, seriously fantastic show he even threw in some Screaming Trees.

This weekend I have Oathbreaker at Camden Underworld who will probably be playing some stuff from the new record that is on its way.

Finishing up the month with Unsane & Shellac and then it's a long hibernation until the festival season comes to an end.

7 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Went to An Evening With Mark Lanegan at Union Chapel last week, seriously fantastic show he even threw in some Screaming Trees.

This weekend I have Oathbreaker at Camden Underworld who will probably be playing some stuff from the new record that is on its way.

Finishing up the month with Unsane & Shellac and then it's a long hibernation until the festival season comes to an end.

Sounds brilliant with Lanegan playing a few Screaming Trees as well...he's playing here in Stockholm on Sunday actually. The downside is that I have already bought a ticket for a Cult of Luna-concert which is the very same day.

Talk about a collision that sucks...