10 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

I just looked at the openers. Agreed that there isn’t much to get excited about. 

We got here late but they were still selling VIP upgrades so we were able to score two seats upstairs for $40 each.  Excellent for an old fart like myself. Don’t have to bother with the awful crowd and we have a great view. 

Saw death grips last month and it was one of the most disappointing shows I’ve ever been to. There were no lighting effects other than a single strobe and a red background, ride looked out of energy / tired as Hell with minimal stage presence,  and the crowd was full of kids and parents pushing in and out. The vocals were way too quiet compared to everything else. At least they played all my favorite songs, though.

Posted (edited)

Saw Perturbator last night, didn't think I was gonna go cause work but I got out early enough to just catch his set. Missed Gost though. 

Wednesday I'm seeing Madeintyo and Thursday I'm seeing La Dispute, both for work related reasons, but should be cool.

Edited by Reshiram

23 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

So who scored with the $20 tickets today? I got a pair for Rob Thomas and for 311/Dirty Heads. My fiance wanted some for J.Lo but those went fast.

I'm getting Mastodon and Coheed tickets, then maybe some Beast Coast (Joey Badass, with Flatbush Zombies and a bunch of other NY artist), and maybe Smashing Pumpkins tickets.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, Reshiram said:

Saw Perturbator last night, didn't think I was gonna go cause work but I got out early enough to just catch his set. Missed Gost though. 

Wednesday I'm seeing Madeintyo and Thursday I'm seeing La Dispute, both for work related reasons, but should be cool.

I saw Pertubator and Gost last night. Had never seen either and had missed both on separate occasions. So rad they played together and it was damn amazing. The crowd was so wild and rowdy and fun, for both, i had a freaking blast!! Nonstop energy 

Casey's final show in Chicago was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen so much love in one room. It was so nice to get to spend time with friends I rarely see as well as meet some new ones. I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos captured in the next couple days as they emerge online. I don't think there could've been a better send off for this band