The Concert Thread

going back about a month, i've had to miss because of work:

built to spill in Connecticut

I have to miss them play three nights in a row, including a New Year's Eve show, due to being out of town around Christmas. So bummed. I feel your pain brother.

today during our Brunch Service had JD Wilkes (of The Legendary Shack Shakers) and the Dirt Daubers play, which was rad

Tuesday: Swingin' Utters/Blacklist Royals/Skeptic

Wednesday: David Rawlins Machine (David, Gillian Welch, and John Paul Jones i believe)

Friday: Chuck Ragan (early show), Sue Scrofa (ep release party), then a third show of Taylor Hollingsworth [3 shows in one night is going to fucking rule]

Next week I am seeing NOFX, David Bazan, possibly Mark Rose, then going to California to see Brand New twice and coming back and seeing The Wonder Years/Vinnie Caruana/Young Statues. Bring it on.

i definitely want to know how bazan is.  i've been wanting to see him for awhile!   

if it's a Non-Living Room Show Bazan show (Full Band) buy the sound-guy a drink for me (PBR if they got it), tell him it's from Birdwell

It is a living show. I did see him on the Control tour and almost told the sound guy I knew of you from a message board, but that venue was BYOB so I couldn't buy a drink for him. He did an awesome job, though.

It is a living show. I did see him on the Control tour and almost told the sound guy I knew of you from a message board, but that venue was BYOB so I couldn't buy a drink for him. He did an awesome job, though.

Brad's incredible at sound...wish I was better at it.    The Living Room shows are rad...depending on the crowd...sometimes the crowd sucks and wants to ask really dumb questions or make really irrelevant comments during the Q&A sessions which clearly result in Bazan either getting bummed out or clearly bored with a canned response because he's been asked it so many times.    His voice is so much better un-micd though, so pure, so big, so round, and so full sounding

saw NOFX last night, typical NOFX show, pretty happy with the setlist.

I was there! I met Mike and Melvin after the show. They were so drunk. haha

Tonight is the night that I drive to see David Bazan. I am so stoked. For anyone who has been to one of his house shows before - does he sign stuff afterward?

i'm flying out to dallas on friday to visit family, and dead milkmen just happen to be playing the night i land.

within an hour i already had a ticket, and 4 other friends to join me.

which is perfect cos the family stuff doesn't happen till saturday anyway.

so i get to see friends, and the milkmen, all in one blow.

12/8 - Brand New

12/9 - Brand New

12/10 - Brand New

12/12 - The Wonder Years, Young Statues, Vinnie Caruana

12/13 - Max Bemis, Matt Pryor, Sherri Dupree, Perma, Merriment

12/20 - Their / They're / There 

12/21 - The Early November (The Room's Too Cold)

12/22 - Brand New

Pretty stellar rest of the month.

12/8 - Brand New

12/9 - Brand New

12/10 - Brand New

12/12 - The Wonder Years, Young Statues, Vinnie Caruana

12/13 - Max Bemis, Matt Pryor, Sherri Dupree, Perma, Merriment

12/20 - Their / They're / There 

12/21 - The Early November (The Room's Too Cold)

12/22 - Brand New

Pretty stellar rest of the month.

i am jealous of your Brand New