The Concert Thread

Sad but true, but I've seen more shows this year than the last few combined. (College, ew what a waste).

TSSF/Man Overboard/The American Scene/Citizen/Tonight Alive

Mumford & Sons

Warped Tour Pomona, both days

The Lumineers/DrDog

Paramore/Metric/Hellogoodbye

I'm going to see Lorde, Bastille, Atl J, The Neighbourhood and Arcade Fire on Saturday

Then Brand New Sunday and Tuesday.

And the Eagles in January! WHAT.

12/07 - Polar Bear Club

12/21 - The Early November

12/22 - Saves The Day

12/28 - Preservation Hall Jazz Band (in New Orleans!)

In the past few months I have definitely been to more shows than the past couple of years combined. I sort of just forced myself back into it, and am glad I did.

12/8 - Brand New

12/9 - Brand New

12/10 - Brand New

12/12 - The Wonder Years, Young Statues, Vinnie Caruana

12/13 - Max Bemis, Matt Pryor, Sherri Dupree, Perma, Merriment

12/20 - Their / They're / There 

12/21 - The Early November (The Room's Too Cold)

12/22 - Brand New

Pretty stellar rest of the month.

Gah, I wanna go to all of these.

I saw Built to Spill again last week. The setlist was really different from their show here last month. Got to hear a new song called Living Zoo, which was awesome. We also got a full dose of covers which was neat, because they didn't play any covers at the last show. I loved the show, and I'm sure that the drunk guy in the audience pelvic thrusting his entire way through the guitar solo of Carry The Zero loved it too.

Here's the setlist

Goin' Against Your Mind

Liar

Untrustable/Part 2

Living Zoo

Reasons

Center of the Universe

Here (Pavement cover)

The Plan

Mess With Time

Abba Zabba (Captain Beefheart cover)

Big Dipper

Velvet Waltz

Carry The Zero

Don't Fear The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult cover)

Train In Vain (The Clash cover)

How Soon Is Now? (The Smiths cover)

Sad but true, but I've seen more shows this year than the last few combined. (College, ew what a waste).

TSSF/Man Overboard/The American Scene/Citizen/Tonight Alive

Mumford & Sons

Warped Tour Pomona, both days

The Lumineers/DrDog

Paramore/Metric/Hellogoodbye

I'm going to see Lorde, Bastille, Atl J, The Neighbourhood and Arcade Fire on Saturday

Then Brand New Sunday and Tuesday.

And the Eagles in January! WHAT.

I'd love to see the Lumineers

I'd love to see the Lumineers

They were great. Saw them at the America's Cup Pavilion in San Francisco right on the pier, outdoors.

I would have liked to get general admission though, the stands were too far away! But they have a great stage presence even though their music isn't usually what I like to see live.

They were great. Saw them at the America's Cup Pavilion in San Francisco right on the pier, outdoors.

I would have liked to get general admission though, the stands were too far away! But they have a great stage presence even though their music isn't usually what I like to see live.

Sounds like a good show either way.  They stopped thru Omaha last summer but we were in the process of moving into a house the weekend they were here so I didn't end up going.

I saw Built to Spill again last week. The setlist was really different from their show here last month. Got to hear a new song called Living Zoo, which was awesome. We also got a full dose of covers which was neat, because they didn't play any covers at the last show. I loved the show, and I'm sure that the drunk guy in the audience pelvic thrusting his entire way through the guitar solo of Carry The Zero loved it too.

Here's the setlist

Goin' Against Your Mind

Liar

Untrustable/Part 2

Living Zoo

Reasons

Center of the Universe

Here (Pavement cover)

The Plan

Mess With Time

Abba Zabba (Captain Beefheart cover)

Big Dipper

Velvet Waltz

Carry The Zero

Don't Fear The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult cover)

Train In Vain (The Clash cover)

How Soon Is Now? (The Smiths cover)

Holy shit, that Pavement cover! I need to hear this. Getting to hear Velvet Waltz is cool too. That is the best song that will ever be written.

I'm going up to see them play Seattle the day after christmas and the day before I leave for vacation. I wish I could see the other five shows they are playing around here. Here's hoping they play in both of our areas a ton next year too.

I'm going up to see them play Seattle the day after christmas and the day before I leave for vacation. I wish I could see the other five shows they are playing around here. Here's hoping they play in both of our areas a ton next year too.

Have you been to Neumos?  It's one of my favorite venues in the city.  I'm getting home from MT sometime that Thursday and I'm considering going to that show.

Sounds like a good show either way.  They stopped thru Omaha last summer but we were in the process of moving into a house the weekend they were here so I didn't end up going.

Aw man, well its worth it if they come through again! They pretty much played all of their songs from their album plus the one they have on the Catching Fire soundtrack.

Have you been to Neumos? It's one of my favorite venues in the city. I'm getting home from MT sometime that Thursday and I'm considering going to that show.

No, I haven't. I'm looking forward to it though. The only venue I have been to in Seattle is Triple Door.

today during our Brunch Service had JD Wilkes (of The Legendary Shack Shakers) and the Dirt Daubers play, which was rad

Tuesday: Swingin' Utters/Blacklist Royals/Skeptic

Wednesday: David Rawlins Machine (David, Gillian Welch, and John Paul Jones i believe)

Friday: Chuck Ragan (early show), Sue Scrofa (ep release party), then a third show of Taylor Hollingsworth [3 shows in one night is going to fucking rule]

How were the Blacklist Royals?  I really would like to see them.

How were the Blacklist Royals?  I really would like to see them.

they were great, honestly, not familiar with them at all, but thought they put on a great show.

Last Night was the grand opening of my friends' new record store here in town....super rad, keg of PBR, 10 pizzas, and was slated to have The Urns and Katie/Waxahatchee playing...buuuut all of the shitty weather ended up delaying her flight and she didn't get in until well past when the party was over, so we got another local band Wray to play instead (with an hour heads up) and rescheduled Katie for sometime in the next couple of weeks while she's home for the holidays.  Both band were awesome (as always)...easily my two favorite local bands.

the only show i have coming up for a little while is Brian Posein on the 20th

they were great, honestly, not familiar with them at all, but thought they put on a great show.

Last Night was the grand opening of my friends' new record store here in town....super rad, keg of PBR, 10 pizzas, and was slated to have The Urns and Katie/Waxahatchee playing...buuuut all of the shitty weather ended up delaying her flight and she didn't get in until well past when the party was over, so we got another local band Wray to play instead (with an hour heads up) and rescheduled Katie for sometime in the next couple of weeks while she's home for the holidays.  Both band were awesome (as always)...easily my two favorite local bands.

the only show i have coming up for a little while is Brian Posein on the 20th

Sounds awesome.  I'm in the same boat, no shows for til' Jan.