Mogwai - Rave Tapes

I saw this release listed on Sub-Pop's site as a new full length by the band with a track listing.

The thing is it's listed for a release of 1/21/13 & I can't find any info on it at all.

Mogwai is my favorite active band, and any info on what this is would be appreciated.

- Garrett

*** Update ***

The band has been talking about announcing new music in the last couple of days. The update is suppose to happen today as well as a new song.

I'm hoping SubPop just jumped the gun (& screwed up the release date) and this is in fact a new LP.

Boom! New track:
https://soundcloud.com/rock-action-records/mogwai-remurdered

Album details:

We're pleased to finally be able to share the details of our new studio album with you. It's called Rave Tapes and is scheduled for release on 20th January via our own Rock Action Records label for the UK & EU, Sub Pop in North America, Hostess in Japan and Spunk Records in Australia.

Rave Tapes was recorded in our Castle of Doom studio in Glasgow this year and was produced by Paul Savage with whom we've worked on the Mogwai Young Team and Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will records.

The album will be available on CD, LP, Digital and Ltd edition box set (featuring the LP itself, an exclusive 12", a book of studio photography by iconic photographer Steve Gullick shot during the recording sessions, 3 x 12" x 12" art prints, a 7" and a CD version of the album).

The tracklist is as follows:
1. Heard About You Last night
2. Simon Ferocious
3. Remurdered
4. Hexon Bogon
5. Repelish
6. Master Card
7. Deesh
8. Blues Hour
9. No Medicine For Regret
10. The Lord Is Out Of Control

Glad this turned out to be a new release. I bought it at 3am when I had no idea what it was.

I dig the new single. I was on the fence until that heavy bass synth kicked in. Judging by how Les Revenants, and Earth Divisiom sounded I was expecting something like this.

The new artwork is definitely different from what I thought it would be, but I can get into it knowing its Mogwai.

The box set is up for pre-order via Sandbag in the UK. It's $142ppd to the US. Since they're only shipping via courier to overseas, it's $51 just for shipping alone. (The box is $91.) Gonna wait to see if they can get Sub Pop to distribute the box in the US (like the Les Revenants soundtrack).

http://mogwai.sandbaghq.com/music/rave-tapes-box-set.html

I'm hoping we can find the box in the US too. I reay want that. I haven't listened to the new track so not sure how I feel yet. I despised Mexican Grand Prix and wasn't really a fan of most of Hardcore, so hoping this is different. Les Revenants was cool.

Edit: I liked that. I'm getting pretty tired of epic guitar Mogwai as of late, to be honest. I love everything before Hawk is Howling but the formula was starting to lose my interest.

Yeah, I don't care for it either. Their artwork is pretty hit or miss for me though.

Their artwork is typically more on the "hit" side for me -- I think CODY features the only cover that I'd consider "bad".  (Though this one definitely takes the cake.)  Kind of a bummer since HWNDBYL had some fantastic art and packaging.  But, I'm also not one to judge a book (or album) based on its cover.  That being said, the new track is pretty solid.  I can definitely dig the groove it quickly establishes.  It's certainly "different" for Mogwai, but not so left-field that it doesn't resemble the band.  I approve.

Love Mogwai, definitely gonna try to cop the box set, but not for $100+. I love the Young Team box, to me it sounded way better than my first press. Still trying to get my hands on a copy of the Hawk Is Howling for a reasonable price as well

Also, I love the album art on this one.

Looks like Sub Pop is going to distribute the album in the US. Just waiting for the pre-order to go up now. I guess there's gonna be a colored vinyl Loser Edition with a bonus 7". Curious to see if the tracks on the Loser Edition 7" are going to be the same at the ones on the box set 7".

I think I am just going to go for that instead of the box. I wonder when that will go up.