Mogwai - Rave Tapes

This is already shaping up to be way way way better than Hardcore Will Never Die. Mogwai are one of my two favorite bands in the world but Mexican Grand Prix is one of the worst songs I have ever heard. The rest of the album sounded like Kelly Clarkson could sing over it.

• 2 weeks later...

If Hardcore... songs were the type of music pop stars sang over, I would probably get more into pop music.

Hmm, I can definitely see like Kelly Clarkson or some other shitty female singer doing their thing over this. Opinions or whatever. Not meaning to get anyone's panties in a bunch. I still aprecciate their music that I don't really enjoy a hell of a lot more than most stuff.

I felt Hardcore Will Never Die was a little more progressive and heavier sounding all around, but far from poppy.

The songs sounded great live especially.

Rave Tapes is more like the Mogwai everybody knows, but killer nonetheless. It makes me wanna get that boxset too.

They did sound good and their live show made me like the album (a tiny bit) more, but I remember the first Hardcore... US tour without Marting being a lot worse than their second US leg with him.

So, they just posted this on facebook...

Just been told that we've SOLD OUT of our allocation of Rave Tapes box sets via our Sandbag store. Thanks for buying it, we hope you like the package.

We'll have a very limited number with us on sale at our upcoming shows and the box set will also be available, again in limited numbers, in record shops.