Breaking Bad OST

There's a soundtrack and then volume 1 and 2 of the original score. They already have the permission to use the songs for the soundtrack so the hard part is over. The score will probably be the easiest to do since the guy who created the music (Dave Porter) is the one we would be dealing with.

There's a soundtrack and then volume 1 and 2 of the original score. They already have the permission to use the songs for the soundtrack so the hard part is over. The score will probably be the easiest to do since the guy who created the music (Dave Porter) is the one we would be dealing with.

When you say soundtrack, is this the version you mean?

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Original-Series-Breaking-Bad/dp/B003MQNDVM

Or can they use the other licensed music from the show (Crystal Blue Persuasion, Danger Mouse / Norah Jones, Badfinger etc). If it's just the former, I'd be happy if they just pressed the score.

These are some pretty awesome ideas. :) the soundtrack I was talking about would be that same one listed above in the amazon link. I'm not sure if they will be doing a part 2 since that one came out well before the series ended. I can try to find out. If so then maybe they can do a vol 1&2 double lp of the soundtrack and a vol 1&2 double lp of the score. Now which one should be meth blue and which one should be Walter "white"?

I've emailed the Sony label (Watertower Music I think) about this and I got a "Sorry, but we are not interested in licensing any of the Breaking Bad music at this time." response.

Would be DOWN AS SHIT to press it.

[email protected]

Sony is missing a golden oppurtunity. I'm sure a soundtrack would be bought up pretty fast.

I've emailed the Sony label (Watertower Music I think) about this and I got a "Sorry, but we are not interested in licensing any of the Breaking Bad music at this time." response.

Would be DOWN AS SHIT to press it.

[email protected]

Isn't Watertower Music a Time Warner/Warner Bros label?

The Sony label that handles soundtracks is Madison Gate Records

I didn't want to say it because there are ton of great labels that have people that post on these boards, but since it was already mentioned, Mondo would be the best / most logical label to release this.  This release would honestly be huge, probably to big for some of the labels that are around here.  Although we could get the guy doing the Phantom Menace soundtrack to do this too.  ;) 

A mondo release with a standard black and variant Ice Blue would sell oodles of copies.  And oodles, and oodles, and oodles.