City and Colour - The Lonely Life 7"

• 2 weeks later...

Purely speculation, but the Australian tour starts in a week and basically every stop has a JB Hi-Fi retail location.  Could the pink exclusive possibly be part of an "in-store appearance" type promotion?  Just having a hard time figuring out why a proudly independent artist would team up with a "big box" electronics retailer to distribute a limited press 7" record.  Seems like an odd arangement to me.

Perhaps I used the term "independent" too loosely.  I'm not an industry expert, but I see Dallas owning all his music and licensing it to an independent label (Dine Alone) as being "independent".   I think the Universal connection has more to do with them distributing Dine Alone releases, but I could definitely be wrong about that.  Regardless I hope some of these pink copies make their way into VC members hands.

They're not just a big retailer, they're like the biggest DVD & CD retailer in Oz. And they also have barely any stores that sell vinyl recs in-store. It's pretty odd to be doing a record thing with them.

Hoping it does mean in store appearance for each city though! Would be amazing.

And when they do have vinyl its horrendously over priced

whole lotta nonsense going on over here.. we're an indie label and work with a couple different distros in different territories.

back to the lonely life, we've shipped the pink copies over to Australia. not 100% on the plan for jb hi-fi and how they're going to roll out but keep an eye out.

whole lotta nonsense going on over here.. we're an indie label and work with a couple different distros in different territories.

back to the lonely life, we've shipped the pink copies over to Australia. not 100% on the plan for jb hi-fi and how they're going to roll out but keep an eye out.

Awesome thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Any plans for some Canadian tour exclusive vinyl?