Chris Staples vinyl discography

Further Seems Forever/Twothirtyeight - Split 7" - Black

Further Seems Forever/Twothirtyeight - Split 7" - Red 
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Blessed Killing/Takehold - Clear Light Blue
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Blessed Killing/Takehold - Orange Marble
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Blessed Killing/Takehold - White
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Blessed Killing/Takehold - Purple/Trash
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Blessed Killing/Takehold - Clear Orange
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Blessed Killing/Takehold - ???
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Recession Records - Black
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Recession Records - Clear
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Recession Records - Clear Blue
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Recession Records - Clear Green
Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Recession Records - White
Twothirtyeight - You Should Be Living - White
Twothirtyeight - You Should Be Living - Purple
Twothirtyeight - You Should Be Living - Black
Discover America - Future Paths - Black
Discover America - Future Paths - Blue Marble
Discover America - Future Paths - White
Discover America - Future Paths - Gray Marble
Discover America/Suffering and the Hideous Thieves - Split 7"
Chris Staples - American Soft - Splatter
Chris Staples - American Soft - Black
Chris Staples - American Soft - White

Wow, that's a lot of pressings! Seems I have at least one of each, except for the Takehold version of Regulate.

Wasn't there a 7" in the beginning of their careers - or am I mistaken? One of these maybe:

So, what hasn't been pressed are:

twothirtyeight:

(The ones above, if they count and aren't vinyl)

Missing You Dearly

Matter Has Breaking Point

Contractual Agreement
El Libro De Recuerdos

Solo:

Donkey And Deer songs (would make for a great 7", don't ya think?)

Panama

Burned And Blister

Blackest Hair, Bluest Eyes (which, according to STB records is getting a press, next year!)

Badlands

Faces (also being pressed, according to Fly The Light Records)

Discover America:

Psychology

Untitled EP

Songs For Sale EP

American Soft Demos

+all the demo tracks, etc... Would make a cool comp.

Blackest Hair is being pressed, which is awesome news. As much as I want everything on vinyl, that's one of his greatest records. It's cool that Faces will be released aswell. After BHBE, I'd love Matter Has A Breaking Point and the untitled EP most.

After that - Psychology, Badlands and Missing You Dearly. Then everything else... It feels like Psychology would sell, if it was pressed. Let's cross fingers.

What is Best Blitz Grabber? Have never heard of it... Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Staples

Twothirtyeight - Regulate The Chemicals - Blessed Killing/Takehold - There's a transparent purple/maroon with black swirls, in addition to the purple/trash marble

Pretty sure the early releases were all cd/cd-r, and the Further split was the first 7".

So - not cassette? that's a possibility too I guess.

Psychology is most likely lost forever, as Tooth & Nail sold off their entire back catalog to EMI earlier this year.

El Libro de Recuerdos is just most of the songs from Missing You Dearly and Matter has a Breaking Point, isn't it? It most likely only existed in the first place to fill out their Tooth & Nail contract. Not really an "essential" release.

After that - Psychology, Badlands and Missing You Dearly. Then everything else... It feels like Psychology would sell, if it was pressed. Let's cross fingers.

Psychology, sadly, will never be pressed. Now that the T&N catalog has been sold, it'll cost far too much to license and there would be no way that a label could make their money back... If I win the lottery and I have money to burn, I'll gladly make that happen, but it's just not realistic to think that the sales would cover the cost of licensing and production.

I've thought about pressing Badlands, Chris and I wanted to focus on American Soft and Blackest Hair first. It's something that we'd like to do down the road, but it'll be tough to sell enough copies to really make it worth it. Hopefully we can get a good response from BHBE to make it more of a possibility.

We're also getting a portion of the Faces EP to sell in our store. Fly the Light has handled that whole project and after we decided to tag team BHBE with them, they was kind enough to include us in their plans for that album. 

I would love to get an original press of regulate the chemicals.  still one of my favorite records ever.  The burned and blistered solo stuff would be great as well!

The Burned and Blistered EP is contained within the Blackest Hair, Bluest Eyes album that we'll be releasing at the beginning of the year. We're really stoked at the variant that we'll be able to offer you guys (think it's a perfect fit), and we're hoping to have a little something extra that could be ordered with the album (if you like that kind of bonus content stuff). 

As for everything else he's done... El Libro De Recuerdos and everything Twothirtyeight related is basically lost (just like Psychology). 

Donkey and Deer would be interesting to offer as a bonus 7" with something. Panama and Burned and Blistered became BHBE, and that really only leaves Songs For Sale EP. We're slowly making our way through the discography! 

Psychology, sadly, will never be pressed. Now that the T&N catalog has been sold, it'll cost far too much to license and there would be no way that a label could make their money back... If I win the lottery and I have money to burn, I'll gladly make that happen, but it's just not realistic to think that the sales would cover the cost of licensing and production.

I've thought about pressing Badlands, Chris and I wanted to focus on American Soft and Blackest Hair first. It's something that we'd like to do down the road, but it'll be tough to sell enough copies to really make it worth it. Hopefully we can get a good response from BHBE to make it more of a possibility.

We're also getting a portion of the Faces EP to sell in our store. Fly the Light has handled that whole project and after we decided to tag team BHBE with them, they was kind enough to include us in their plans for that album. 

The Burned and Blistered EP is contained within the Blackest Hair, Bluest Eyes album that we'll be releasing at the beginning of the year. We're really stoked at the variant that we'll be able to offer you guys (think it's a perfect fit), and we're hoping to have a little something extra that could be ordered with the album (if you like that kind of bonus content stuff). 

As for everything else he's done... El Libro De Recuerdos and everything Twothirtyeight related is basically lost (just like Psychology). 

Donkey and Deer would be interesting to offer as a bonus 7" with something. Panama and Burned and Blistered became BHBE, and that really only leaves Songs For Sale EP. We're slowly making our way through the discography! 

Actually, both Burned and Blistered and Panama had songs that weren't on BHBE. But the songs that were on BHBE are the best ones, so... Nevermind.

But - did T&N buy Missing You Dearly and Matter - or just the right to release those? Do they still own the rights to those two albums?

That 7" would be cool :) There are a few leftover tracks that aren't on any record, which would make cool 7"s or a comp LP.

You forgot the Untitled EP aswell... That's one of my favorites. And the Songs For Sale EP, he might not get permissions of the lyricists on that one? Otherwise that would be a cool LP - Untitled on one side and SFS on the other.

Does that mean that no T&N record will be licensed from now on?

Actually, both Burned and Blistered and Panama had songs that weren't on BHBE. But the songs that were on BHBE are the best ones, so... Nevermind.

Does that mean that no T&N record will be licensed from now on?

The extra tracks should be Two Dollar Typewriter, She Left Me For A Cop, Porch Waltz, and Tapered D... I really like Two Dollar Typewriter a lot, I was wishing we could get that as a bonus on BHBE, but it'll be tough time wise. 

It doesn't necessarily mean that no T&N records won't be licensed, it just means that licensing will go through EMI from now on (which makes it more difficult, not like T&N was a cake walk). I was talking with Matt from Emery this week and they're (Emery / Bad Christian) trying to license The Weak's End and The Question to press on vinyl because they know there's a demand for it and they never saw any copies of TWE and they didn't even know it existed until it was already sold out. He said it's been a hassle, but they really want to be able to make it happen, so they're hopefully they can work something out. 

Something To Break is definitely hoping to do more Chris Staples stuff though. So stay tuned to the forum or like us on Facebook in order to keep up with all the vinyl action we're doing with Chris. 

Thanks for being elaborate!

Wow - they didn't know TWE was being pressed? They didn't get copies from BC/T&N? Weird.

Hope they get The Question licensed, would love that album on vinyl. Don't care for TWE, but the Question is great. They should have tried to buy them before T&N sold them to EMI, I guess. I wonder why they only wanna press those two?

The extra tracks should be Two Dollar Typewriter, She Left Me For A Cop, Porch Waltz, and Tapered D... I really like Two Dollar Typewriter a lot, I was wishing we could get that as a bonus on BHBE, but it'll be tough time wise. 

It doesn't necessarily mean that no T&N records won't be licensed, it just means that licensing will go through EMI from now on (which makes it more difficult, not like T&N was a cake walk). I was talking with Matt from Emery this week and they're (Emery / Bad Christian) trying to license The Weak's End and The Question to press on vinyl because they know there's a demand for it and they never saw any copies of TWE and they didn't even know it existed until it was already sold out. He said it's been a hassle, but they really want to be able to make it happen, so they're hopefully they can work something out. 

Something To Break is definitely hoping to do more Chris Staples stuff though. So stay tuned to the forum or like us on Facebook in order to keep up with all the vinyl action we're doing with Chris. 

Thanks for the update, definitely stoked to have more of this on record!

Thanks for being elaborate!

Wow - they didn't know TWE was being pressed? They didn't get copies from BC/T&N? Weird.

Hope they get The Question licensed, would love that album on vinyl. Don't care for TWE, but the Question is great. They should have tried to buy them before T&N sold them to EMI, I guess. I wonder why they only wanna press those two?

This is totally off topic but funny. When we pressed TWE I was in direct conversation with their idiot manager who basically said "why would we want vinyl?" We even pressed an exclusive color we were going to give them (for free) to take on tour that was starting the next week, even though we weren't required to do so. About 6 months later (a couple months after it was sold out) the manager reached back out to me and asked if they could have some cause the band wanted some. Too late. The manager wanted to make sure I didn't have contact with the band. I even tweeted at them several times a day for weeks and got no replies. Their loss.

This is totally off topic but funny. When we pressed TWE I was in direct conversation with their idiot manager who basically said "why would we want vinyl?" We even pressed an exclusive color we were going to give them (for free) to take on tour that was starting the next week, even though we weren't required to do so. About 6 months later (a couple months after it was sold out) the manager reached back out to me and asked if they could have some cause the band wanted some. Too late. The manager wanted to make sure I didn't have contact with the band. I even tweeted at them several times a day for weeks and got no replies. Their loss.

That probably came across as me throwing you guys under the bus, and that was not at all my intent. Apologies if came across that way. We talked about a few of their managers and how one of them in particular was an idiot... not sure if it was the one you're referring to, but I know the band definitely would've loved to been a part of it. It sucks you guys couldn't have hooked up on that, but obviously you put forth the effort to include them. That's part of why they left T&N and are doing everything themselves from here on out. They want to be able to have that connection with their fans and be more involved with their music. They're really sweet and genuine dudes. Having someone act as an irresponsible middle-man between you and them really screwed 'em.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing through discogs (always a dangerous business if you're on a tight budget) and looked through

Suddenly I saw that the Contractual Agreement record twothirtyeight put out before regulate was added, and - to my surprise - there was one for sale!!!!!! I just had to buy it, and I got it in the mail today. So, I'm expanding my collection - item by item.

http://www.discogs.com/Twothirtyeight-Contractual-Agreement/release/4735619

• 7 months later...

Update on BHBE?