URGENT: NUCLEAR WARNING - Fukushima Unit 4 Petition

Guest deleted

Good post. Nice to read something that actually attaches numbers and facts to the claims it makes.

The only part that it fell short of (in my opinion) is that it mostly talks about the current state of Fukishima but doesn't really touch on the worst case (ie, another earthquake happens, total meltdown, etc..)

I don't doubt that 1) the cleanup team is over their heads and 2) I'd be scared shitless if I live in japan.

I just wonder about the whole danger to the US. Plants have melted down before. When Chernobyl happened it didn't turn the entire continent of Asia into a nuclear wasteland. Still looking for the reasoning why this is supposedly so much worse than every other Nuclear blunder so far.

There's probably a lot more to it but, part of it is probably because Ukraine is landlocked and Japan is an island in the Pacific Ocean. Leaking into the Pacific, getting into the food chain and circulating via ocean currents.

• 2 weeks later...

first paragraph

NEWS FLASH - URGENT - December 28, 2013  11:00 PM EST -- (TRN http://www.TurnerRadioNetwork.com ) --  Persons residing on  the west coast of North America should IMMEDIATELY begin preparing for another possible onslaught of dangerous atmospheric radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster site in Japan.  The Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) says radioactive steam has suddenly begun emanating from previously exploded nuclear reactor building #3 at the Fukuishima disaster site in Japan. TEPCO says they do not know why this is happening and cannot go into the building to see what's happening due to damage and lethal radiation levels in that building. Experts say this could be the beginning of  a "spent fuel pool criticality (meltdown)" involving up to 89 TONS of nuclear fuel burning up into the atmosphere and heading to North America. Steam photo, full details and suggested methods to protect yourself appear below.

that was from december 28th?  

that article seems ridiculous.  

DO NOT PANIC - - - - PLAN

The purpose of this news report is not to scare or frighten anyone.  It is to report the news to allow the public to educate itself on the issue and take whatever personal protective action they deem necessary. There is no reason to panic but there is reason to plan. It is better to have a plan, and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

PREPARATIONS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER  ( We do **** NOT **** sell any of the products suggested below )

1) Keep up-to-date on developments via the Internet. The mass-media is not reliable because like the government, they want to avoid any mass panic.  While that is a noble goal, withholding information as was done previously when the Fukushima disaster struck in March, 2011, allowed people to get exposed to radiation which could kill them now - or years from now.  TRN believes people have a right to know, so as to make an informed decisions about whether to protect themselves or not. 

2) Go immediately (RIGHT NOW) to your local home improvement or hardware store for rolls of plastic, Duct tape, WIDE masking tape and  a couple rolls of self-adhesive weather stripping. You want to have a roll or two of the type of plastic that is used by painters; (the kind they use to cover your floor and furniture in case paint drips) and a roll or two of Duct tape.  Don't deploy this yet, but if the radiation arrives, you'll HAVE what you need and won't be battling a million other people trying to get some when the danger actually hits.  You can use the plastic and duct tape things to cover the insides of your windows, doors, AC electric plugs, light switches, bathroom exhaust vents, stove exhaust vents, -- even ceiling vents, to TRY to keep out radiation particles once you know they're arriving.  (NOTE: this may not be 100% effective.  Houses have loads of nooks and crannies which allow air from the outside to get inside.  If you cover the largest ones, you're at least giving yourself and family a fighting chance.)  These supplies are available immediately at: Home DepotLowes Walmart TrueValue Ace Hardware and many other retail stores.

Does the wind only blow from west to east in Japan?

Why isn't anybody concerned about North and South Korea, Eastern Russia, China or any of the islands floating about near by?

All those countries are A lot closer to Japan than the west coast of the US.

Because those countries are full of people facing real issues of their own and don't have the time or need to make up problems.

Guest deleted

Because those countries are full of people facing real issues of their own and don't have the time or need to make up problems.

Congrats for being stupidest poster of the year or perhaps ever. Yes, an environmental nightmare with worldwide implications is a "made up problem".

Hoping people will continue to read up on this and realize that nuclear energy is not "clean energy".

Praying for no earthquakes in Japan for many, many years.

Guest deleted

Yes.

Hal Turner is a legitimate news source.

If you can't trust a holocaust denying white nationalist, who can you trust?

Hal Turner was banned. This is the real deal!

Turner hasn't been involved with that site since 2010 and the quickest, most basic fact check will tell you that, guys. :/

So, Tepco quietly admits that reactor 3 MAY be melting down now:

http://nsnbc.me/2013/12/30/tepco-quietly-admits-reactor-3-melting-now/

Guest deleted

Does the wind only blow from west to east in Japan?

Why isn't anybody concerned about North and South Korea, Eastern Russia, China or any of the islands floating about near by?

All those countries are A lot closer to Japan than the west coast of the US.

Also "PraiseMorph" you probably shouldn't speak out of your ass on behalf of multiple countries and their view on nearby life-threatening catastrophes:

Indeed, as the Business Times Singapore warned, the foreign media are not alone in being alarmed by the Abe administration’s unwillingness to get a grip on Fukushima Daiichi. Japan’s neighbouring states and civil societies also evince increasing concern. South Korea’s Asiana Airlines announced on August 21 that, as of October, because of Fukushima Daiichi, they would discontinue charter flights to Fukushima City.8 The situation is in fact so grave in South Korean eyes that the August 8 minutes of the Bank of Korea’s 15th Monetary Policy Board meeting expressed concern that further mishandling of Fukushima Daiichi could make it a “black swan” in the larger context of economic uncertainty confronting the global financial economy in the fall.9 And results from the South Korean Gallup agency poll over the three days ending August 29 indicated that 78% of Koreans believe their country is already being impacted by radiation from Fukushima Daiichi. Moreover, whereas 70% of South Koreans regard New Zealand and Australian food as safe, and 75% see South Korean domestic food as safe, an astounding 90% now deem Japanese food products as unsafe.10

As for China, on August 21 the state officially expressed “shock” over the situation, with its Foreign Ministry calling for Japan to “take effective steps to put an end to the negative impact of the after-effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident.”11 But the government was also careful to declare domestically that the Chinese State Oceanic Administration’s survey results show radiation flows (including Cesium 134) from Fukushima Daiichi into the aquatic environment but not into areas under Chinese jurisdiction. They also stressed they were doing follow-up surveys of the marine environment, and have stated they reserve the right to request entry into waters near Daiichi to conduct to assess the impact the ongoing leaks were having on the ocean.12 While the official response has been measured, at the popular level – as expressed on Chinese twitter – there is what appears to be a rising magma of outrage.

Also "PraiseMorph" you probably shouldn't speak out of your ass on behalf of multiple countries and their view on nearby life-threatening catastrophes:

Indeed, as the Business Times Singapore warned, the foreign media are not alone in being alarmed by the Abe administration’s unwillingness to get a grip on Fukushima Daiichi. Japan’s neighbouring states and civil societies also evince increasing concern. South Korea’s Asiana Airlines announced on August 21 that, as of October, because of Fukushima Daiichi, they would discontinue charter flights to Fukushima City.8 The situation is in fact so grave in South Korean eyes that the August 8 minutes of the Bank of Korea’s 15th Monetary Policy Board meeting expressed concern that further mishandling of Fukushima Daiichi could make it a “black swan” in the larger context of economic uncertainty confronting the global financial economy in the fall.9 And results from the South Korean Gallup agency poll over the three days ending August 29 indicated that 78% of Koreans believe their country is already being impacted by radiation from Fukushima Daiichi. Moreover, whereas 70% of South Koreans regard New Zealand and Australian food as safe, and 75% see South Korean domestic food as safe, an astounding 90% now deem Japanese food products as unsafe.10

As for China, on August 21 the state officially expressed “shock” over the situation, with its Foreign Ministry calling for Japan to “take effective steps to put an end to the negative impact of the after-effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident.”11 But the government was also careful to declare domestically that the Chinese State Oceanic Administration’s survey results show radiation flows (including Cesium 134) from Fukushima Daiichi into the aquatic environment but not into areas under Chinese jurisdiction. They also stressed they were doing follow-up surveys of the marine environment, and have stated they reserve the right to request entry into waters near Daiichi to conduct to assess the impact the ongoing leaks were having on the ocean.12 While the official response has been measured, at the popular level – as expressed on Chinese twitter – there is what appears to be a rising magma of outrage.

Sorry to burst your bubble, mate, but Japan is an earthquake hotspot and has always been for as long as there have been islands for Japanese and pre-Japanese cultures to be there. Given the slow rate of geologic changes throughout the history of the planet, it will probably remain that way for as long as you can even imagine, and will probably only be different for people living in a future where our current world-maps are more ancient than OUR most ancient human artefacts.

Also, there's probably more truth in the statement that the US is freaking out because they've not much else to worry about simply because most of us are NOT nuclear physicists. For one, I'd be a lot more sceptical about those bits you shared about South Korea and China's opinions on the matter; for one, 90% of SK-citizens found JP sourced food to be unsafe? Are you insinuating that 90% of South Koreans are adequate nuclear physicists, toxicologists, or anything specifically related to the subject of irradiated foodstuffs? Now, I've never been to SK, but for one, I know a fair amount of people from there and have tried to learn a thing or two about their culture and society. With only two major cities in the country, I find it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for such a high statistic to be of any relevance to anything. Would you give a shit if a stat said that 100% of rednecks say that black people aren't people? What could make you think that a SK denizen from the more rural portions of the country knows much of anything on the subject off-handedly? And I've been to JP SINCE the Fukushima event, and reality isn't in shambles there. People still eat seafood like it's nobody's business, and there weren't mutants crawling out of the sewers trying to exact their revenge on an impotent Abe government. In fact, I pretty much ate nothing BUT seafood, and I'm not dead yet from the untold amounts of radioactive waste now undoubtedly coursing through my entire system. Plus, when AU is busy selling their land to the Chinese because they've not been able to manage their agricultural businesses out there properly, what's to say that the food from there is any better? And it was only last year that there was that toxic baby-formula coming out of NZ. What do any of us know just from reading a few articles on the web. Sure you may think you've read a lot more than most people, but still, those ONLY represent someone else's opinion. Read some scientific theses and wow us all with your supreme grasp on all the major points of nuclear studies beforehand next time, please, before just citing a few percentages of commoner opinions and calling it evidence.

As for China... just look up a little about both their history with JP and how foreign relations have gone between the two nations over the centuries, AND look up their history with environmental concerns. You'll not be able to take any of what you quoted seriously if you only knew. I could expand, but seriously, there's no point (zero) in taking official Chinese statements about environmental concerns, ESPECIALLY if it's directed towards Japan. Seriously.

Regarding OUR side of the pond, just because there are known increases in radiation along the coasts, doesn't mean that it's due to Fukushima. If you're trying to talk about serious science, you should know that correlation does not mean causation. Remember, literally EVERYTHING is radioactive. Put a Geiger counter next to a rock you found in your yard, it will still make noise. Put it to a banana peel and it will beep harder. Who knows why or what is causing radiation to increase anywhere. Maybe climate change issues make our planet's surface more susceptible to radiation bombardment from the entire cosmos around our thin-ass atmosphere. Maybe a lot of composting hippies have started burying banana peels on the beaches to promote healthy palm growth. Whatever the case is, we just don't know.

I wouldn't be so quick to accuse folk of "speak[ing] out of your ass" when citing material that could just as easily be others speaking out of THEIR arses.

Guest deleted

Sorry to burst your bubble, mate, but Japan is an earthquake hotspot and has always been for as long as there have been islands for Japanese and pre-Japanese cultures to be there. Given the slow rate of geologic changes throughout the history of the planet, it will probably remain that way for as long as you can even imagine, and will probably only be different for people living in a future where our current world-maps are more ancient than OUR most ancient human artefacts.

Also, there's probably more truth in the statement that the US is freaking out because they've not much else to worry about simply because most of us are NOT nuclear physicists. For one, I'd be a lot more sceptical about those bits you shared about South Korea and China's opinions on the matter; for one, 90% of SK-citizens found JP sourced food to be unsafe? Are you insinuating that 90% of South Koreans are adequate nuclear physicists, toxicologists, or anything specifically related to the subject of irradiated foodstuffs? Now, I've never been to SK, but for one, I know a fair amount of people from there and have tried to learn a thing or two about their culture and society. With only two major cities in the country, I find it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for such a high statistic to be of any relevance to anything. Would you give a shit if a stat said that 100% of rednecks say that black people aren't people? What could make you think that a SK denizen from the more rural portions of the country knows much of anything on the subject off-handedly? And I've been to JP SINCE the Fukushima event, and reality isn't in shambles there. People still eat seafood like it's nobody's business, and there weren't mutants crawling out of the sewers trying to exact their revenge on an impotent Abe government. In fact, I pretty much ate nothing BUT seafood, and I'm not dead yet from the untold amounts of radioactive waste now undoubtedly coursing through my entire system. Plus, when AU is busy selling their land to the Chinese because they've not been able to manage their agricultural businesses out there properly, what's to say that the food from there is any better? And it was only last year that there was that toxic baby-formula coming out of NZ. What do any of us know just from reading a few articles on the web. Sure you may think you've read a lot more than most people, but still, those ONLY represent someone else's opinion. Read some scientific theses and wow us all with your supreme grasp on all the major points of nuclear studies beforehand next time, please, before just citing a few percentages of commoner opinions and calling it evidence.

As for China... just look up a little about both their history with JP and how foreign relations have gone between the two nations over the centuries, AND look up their history with environmental concerns. You'll not be able to take any of what you quoted seriously if you only knew. I could expand, but seriously, there's no point (zero) in taking official Chinese statements about environmental concerns, ESPECIALLY if it's directed towards Japan. Seriously.

Regarding OUR side of the pond, just because there are known increases in radiation along the coasts, doesn't mean that it's due to Fukushima. If you're trying to talk about serious science, you should know that correlation does not mean causation. Remember, literally EVERYTHING is radioactive. Put a Geiger counter next to a rock you found in your yard, it will still make noise. Put it to a banana peel and it will beep harder. Who knows why or what is causing radiation to increase anywhere. Maybe climate change issues make our planet's surface more susceptible to radiation bombardment from the entire cosmos around our thin-ass atmosphere. Maybe a lot of composting hippies have started burying banana peels on the beaches to promote healthy palm growth. Whatever the case is, we just don't know.

I wouldn't be so quick to accuse folk of "speak[ing] out of your ass" when citing material that could just as easily be others speaking out of THEIR arses.

I am well aware that Japan is an earthquake hotspot.  Statistically there is a 95% chance of an earthquake there in the next 3 years apparently and something like 70-80% in the next year or so. This is one of the key points which makes Fukushima such a concern… this is one of the central points to the whole urgency of the situation.  Although things have definitely "devolved" and gotten way more complicated and messy than just this.

Also, maybe it's just me but when I say I pray that Japan doesn't have another earthquake and you respond with "sorry to burst your bubble", to me that's a bit gross but maybe you just meant it more as a personal dig.

Also, there's probably more truth in the statement that the US is freaking out because they've not much else to worry about simply because most of us are NOT nuclear physicists. The US is freaking out?  Are 1% of Americans even aware that Fukushima is still an issue? For one, I'd be a lot more sceptical about those bits you shared about South Korea and China's opinions on the matter; for one, 90% of SK-citizens found JP sourced food to be unsafe? Are you insinuating that 90% of South Koreans are adequate nuclear physicists, toxicologists, or anything specifically related to the subject of irradiated foodstuffs? No, I'm not insinuating this at all.  You misunderstand. Now, I've never been to SK, but for one, I know a fair amount of people from there and have tried to learn a thing or two about their culture and society. With only two major cities in the country, I find it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for such a high statistic to be of any relevance to anything. Would you give a shit if a stat said that 100% of rednecks say that black people aren't people? What could make you think that a SK denizen from the more rural portions of the country knows much of anything on the subject off-handedly?  Gallup is by nature, an OPINION or TREND finding research and polling company. The Gallup derived opinions about food safety was simply a response to "PraiseMorph"'s statement that countries around Japan are not worried because in his words, "...those countries are full of people facing real issues of their own and don't have the time or need to make up problems."  Clearly, those people are very worried. Gallup has statistical checks and redundancies to address bias, etc.  This IS NOT evidence of food contamination.  THIS IS evidence that people around Japan are very concerned. And I've been to JP SINCE the Fukushima event, and reality isn't in shambles there. People still eat seafood like it's nobody's business, and there weren't mutants crawling out of the sewers trying to exact their revenge on an impotent Abe government. In fact, I pretty much ate nothing BUT seafood, and I'm not dead yet from the untold amounts of radioactive waste now undoubtedly coursing through my entire system.  Regarding people like yourself eating possibly contaminated seafood and saying LOOK AT ME, I'M FINE… you do realize that humans can be exposed to insanely high (read: death-causing) radiation and not drop dead on the spot, right?  Radiation can cause cell damage, cancer, lesions, infections and can take a course that is similar to AIDS, not instant death.  Every little bit of exposure increases the risk of all types of cancers .Plus, when AU is busy selling their land to the Chinese because they've not been able to manage their agricultural businesses out there properly, what's to say that the food from there is any better? And it was only last year that there was that toxic baby-formula coming out of NZ. Irrelevent. What do any of us know just from reading a few articles on the web. Sure you may think you've read a lot more than most people, but still, those ONLY represent someone else's opinion. Read some scientific theses and wow us all with your supreme grasp on all the major points of nuclear studies beforehand next time, please, before just citing a few percentages of commoner opinions and calling it evidence.

Hey man, that's a really cocky and condescending closing sentence for someone who:

1. Misunderstands the basic (and very clear) purpose of posting of the Gallup opinions (YES EVIDENCE to show that people around Japan DO CARE what is going on around them)

2. Contradicts himself. (Seems to inherently know that the seafood is safe to eat even though he himself is not a toxicologist or nuclear physicist.  I suppose he has read some scientific theses on this topic.  But then again, what could he glean from just reading an article on the web?)

3. Seems to somehow know all the articles I have read and know for a fact that none of them are scientific research   By the way, if I did cite some "scientific theses" like you suggest, your own argument already put forth is that I would not be qualified to have an opinion on it because I am not a nuclear physicist (or toxicologist).  

Have you read about groundwater contamination?

Do you know how much radiation is flowing into the ocean on a daily basis?

Do you know how many decades this contaminated water will continue to spill into the ocean?

Do you know what they are going to do with the contaminated or partially "cleaned-up" cooling water?

Have you read about the insane seal die-off that scientists are more and more feeling is due to Fukushima?

Do you know what is theoretically happening during meltdown?

Dude, I never claimed to be an expert on the topic AT ALL.  NEVER.  I just know that this is BAD.  NUCLEAR ENERGY IS BAD.  FOREVER. All one can do unless you are devoted to the field or involved in the situation is read from a variety of sources, try to be critical and then, ultimately, come to your own conclusion or opinion. 

As for China... just look up a little about both their history with JP and how foreign relations have gone between the two nations over the centuries, AND look up their history with environmental concerns. You'll not be able to take any of what you quoted seriously if you only knew. I could expand, but seriously, there's no point (zero) in taking official Chinese statements about environmental concerns, ESPECIALLY if it's directed towards Japan. Seriously. Yes, China and Japan don't get along.  Have not for a long time.  But this paragraph is irrelevant again because you misinterpreted the purpose of the Gallup opinions.

Regarding OUR side of the pond, just because there are known increases in radiation along the coasts, doesn't mean that it's due to Fukushima. If you're trying to talk about serious science, you should know that correlation does not mean causation. Remember, literally EVERYTHING is radioactive. Put a Geiger counter next to a rock you found in your yard, it will still make noise. Put it to a banana peel and it will beep harder. Who knows why or what is causing radiation to increase anywhere. Maybe climate change issues make our planet's surface more susceptible to radiation bombardment from the entire cosmos around our thin-ass atmosphere. Maybe a lot of composting hippies have started burying banana peels on the beaches to promote healthy palm growth. Whatever the case is, we just don't know. Yes, and cosmic background radiation constantly reigns down on us from the sky and the human body has electricity in it!  Science is cool!  By the way, I never said that the food was contaminated nor that there was increased radiation along the coast (although I do believe it).

I wouldn't be so quick to accuse folk of "speak[ing] out of your ass" when citing material that could just as easily be others speaking out of THEIR arses. He was definitely speaking out of his ass. And you definitely misinterpreted.

Guest deleted

Haha.  It literally took me almost that long to respond in between a few distractions…  :blink:

By the way, I am fine with disagreement and discussion about this fully.  Although my time spent responding to that rather misguided and unnecessary post will make me reconsider responding in such detail in the future!

Anyways, thanks for the discussion! 

Here is just one site about the massive seal die-off:

http://agreenroad.blogspot.ca/2013/03/70-of-all-sea-lions-dying-in-california.html

I didn't read about this until today so don't know how I feel about it yet… but the symptom are VERY radiation poisoning-like and there is currently no definite explanation.  Some theorize that it is due to Fukushima.  If so, and if that's what has happened this fast, it is only going to get worse for aquatic creatures.

By the way, check out the 1-2 second odd cut/glitch at 16 seconds into the video on that page and it continues on just jumping up momentarily through the video.  Kinda hilarious!    :D

I admit, I was an ass in my last comment so I'm actually giving you a decent response here.

The article you posted about the sea lions is complete nonsense. I almost wrote it off without even delving into it in the slightest when the first sentence quoted Alex Jones as a source. Against my better judgment I kept reading and looked into their sources. If you click on the inconspicuously small link to the article that contributes the "70%" figure (note: 70% is the highest estimated mortality rate, whereas your article having it in the title makes it seem a fact) you will see that it attributes the die off to the sea lions being stranded and starving to death. Not once is radiation poisoning even considered a cause. Funny then, isn't it, that the article you posted chooses not to cite their 'Experts in Alaska'.

I really don't know what else to say about this. Feel free to believe what you want but fear mongering really gets to me whether it's the government telling us we need to go to war to prevent a homeland attack or you telling people that Fukushima radiation is killing us all. It's a shitty tactic.

Guest deleted

I admit, I was an ass in my last comment so I'm actually giving you a decent response here.

The article you posted about the sea lions is complete nonsense. I almost wrote it off without even delving into it in the slightest when the first sentence quoted Alex Jones as a source. Against my better judgment I kept reading and looked into their sources. If you click on the inconspicuously small link to the article that contributes the "70%" figure (note: 70% is the highest estimated mortality rate, whereas your article having it in the title makes it seem a fact) you will see that it attributes the die off to the sea lions being stranded and starving to death. Not once is radiation poisoning even considered a cause. Funny then, isn't it, that the article you posted chooses not to cite their 'Experts in Alaska'.

I really don't know what else to say about this. Feel free to believe what you want but fear mongering really gets to me whether it's the government telling us we need to go to war to prevent a homeland attack or you telling people that Fukushima radiation is killing us all. It's a shitty tactic.

Thanks, appreciated.  Don't believe your government and excuses for undeclared wars.  But how am i fear mongering as a tactic?  What do I have to gain from posting about this here?  Nothing.  Hey man, trust me, I don't want to be right about any of this but I've yet to come across anything that really makes me think otherwise.

Anyways, herein lies the problem.  You will read in the post above yours that I just read about the seal die-off today so I don't know how I feel about it yet… meaning I need to read more about it from various sources and decide if I believe it or not.  

You're looking at one article and calling bullshit.  That is not critical thinking.  That is not how it works.  You need to evaluate multiple sources. 

I actually just watched a video of a scientist saying he thinks everything is fine and safe BUT he points out that NO USA GOVERNMENTAL agencies are currently monitoring radiation levels on the coast and he feels that is significant cause for concern.   ZERO MONITORING?   

Guest deleted

Study published in the peer-reviewed Open Journal of Pediatrics:

http://file.scirp.org/Html/1-1330150_28599.htm

Just the abstract is pasted below with the key finding highlighted in red. Full downloadable pdf complete with references/citations available at the link above.

Elevated airborne beta levels in Pacific/West Coast US States and trends in hypothyroidism among newborns after the Fukushima nuclear meltdown*

Joseph J. Mangano, Janette D. Sherman

image002.gif

Radiation and Public Health Project, New York, USA

Email: [email protected]

Received 2 October 2012; revised 24 December 2012; accepted 29 January 2013

Keywords: Congenital Hypothyroidism; Fukushima-Dai-Ichi; Iodine; Nuclear

ABSTRACT

Various reports indicate that the incidence of congenital hypothyroidism is increasing in developed nations, and that improved detection and more inclusive criteria for the disease do not explain this trend entirely. One risk factor documented in numerous studies is exposure to radioactive iodine found in nuclear weapons test fallout and nuclear reactor emissions. Large amounts of fallout disseminated worldwide from the meltdowns in four reactors at the Fukushima-Dai-ichi plant in Japan beginning March 11, 2011 included radioiodine isotopes. Just days after the meltdowns, I-131 concentrations in US precipitation was measured up to 211 times above normal. Highest levels of I-131 and airborne gross beta were documented in the five US States on the Pacific Ocean. The number of congenital hypothyroid cases in these five states from March 17-December 31, 2011 was 16% greater than for the same period in 2010, compared to a 3% decline in 36 other US States (p < 0.03). The greatest divergence in these two groups (+28%) occurred in the period March 17-June 30 (p < 0.04). Further analysis, in the US and in other nations, is needed to better understand any association between iodine exposure from Fukushima-Dai-ichi and congenital hypothyroidism risk.

You're looking at one article and calling bullshit.  That is not critical thinking.  That is not how it works.  You need to evaluate multiple sources. 

Fair warning...I'm pretty drunk.

But I don't get links like this: http://agreenroad.blogspot.ca/2013/03/70-of-all-sea-lions-dying-in-california.html

It's almost all self citing. Or citing similar types of sources.

I'm not saying that there's not damage or risk here, but I can't take half these sources seriously.

*** edit ***

Bold and red. Must be legit.

Guest deleted

Fair warning...I'm pretty drunk.

But I don't get links like this: http://agreenroad.blogspot.ca/2013/03/70-of-all-sea-lions-dying-in-california.html

It's almost all self citing. Or citing similar types of sources.

I'm not saying that there's not damage or risk here, but I can't take half these sources seriously.

*** edit ***

Bold and red. Must be legit.

I agree that that link is not the best but again, multiple sources are needed before drawing a conclusion.  And again, today was the first I've read of it and I'm still not sure about the seal research or lack thereof.  The group of scientists have not ruled radiation out.

What about the study of increased congenital hypothyroid found in US babies born after the fallout arrived on USA shores?  (thyroid issues are typical of radioactive poisoning)  16% increase?!!  That is statistically significant.