Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

So I'm strong at RB and weaker at WR and my friend is offering me Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson for LeSean McCoy and Cordarelle Patterson.

Should I?

I wouldn't. VJax is one of the most inconsistent fantasy players ever. I had him last season and he had 5 games of 5 pts or fewer but he had three 30pt games. Also Julio is fresh off of an injury.

Last year my team was easy to come up with weekly rosters. I had McCoy, Charles, Bryant and Jeffrey as my RBs and WRs. This year's draft was rough and I have too much thinking.

Who should I start everyone?

QB: Tannehill or Alex Smith?
I've read that Tannehill has a been working on a faster release and some fancy footwork, and they're playing NE so if the Dolphins get behind he's going to have to air it out. Smith had consistent numbers last year but I have a feeling Charles will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting if they get up.

Flex: TY Hilton, Demarco Murray, or Riley Cooper?
TY Hilton is one of MANY targets for Andrew Luck, and they're playing the Broncos, so I have a feeling this will be a shoot out and one big play could net Hilton 8-10 points. Murray seems the safest option as he is the bell cow for Dallas. But Riley Cooper is probably going to be Foles' go-to guy now that they've lost Desean Jackson. And they're playing JAX, which bodes well for some easy scoring. 

Last year my team was easy to come up with weekly rosters. I had McCoy, Charles, Bryant and Jeffrey as my RBs and WRs. This year's draft was rough and I have too much thinking.

Who should I start everyone?

QB: Tannehill or Alex Smith?

I've read that Tannehill has a been working on a faster release and some fancy footwork, and they're playing NE so if the Dolphins get behind he's going to have to air it out. Smith had consistent numbers last year but I have a feeling Charles will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting if they get up.

Flex: TY Hilton, Demarco Murray, or Riley Cooper?

TY Hilton is one of MANY targets for Andrew Luck, and they're playing the Broncos, so I have a feeling this will be a shoot out and one big play could net Hilton 8-10 points. Murray seems the safest option as he is the bell cow for Dallas. But Riley Cooper is probably going to be Foles' go-to guy now that they've lost Desean Jackson. And they're playing JAX, which bodes well for some easy scoring.

Ouch on the QB situation. I would start Tannehill and Murray

Casey -- Alex Smith and Demarco Murray this week. You need to find someone with a solid backup QB and make a trade. Look for guys like Romo, Cutler, Kaep, Foles, etc (rounds 8-12 in most leagues). Probably a decent chance one of these guys is a backup and you can make a 2 for 2 trade (better QB + other position for weaker QB + other position).

You can do well without Manning/Brees/Rodgers, but it's a passing league and you gotta have SOMETHING at QB. It would be a seriously uphill battle to try and win with what you have, unless you have ridiculously good RBs and WRs.

Gang

I have St. Louis and Carolinas defense. Kind of a blockade strategy since St. Louis was still available in the latter rounds! (ikr?) 

I went for a heavy RB stockpile this season...

QB Drew Brees

WR Fitzgerald

WR Keenan Allen

WR DeSean jackson

RB Forte

RB Lacy

TE Gronk

RB Ellington

RB Le'Veon Bell (Pittsburgh)

WR Ty Hilton

WR Colston

QB RG3
K Patrick Murray TB (this was a mistake pick I meant to choose Dallas Cowboys kicker :(

and Carolina and St. Louis defense...

Should I get rid of the second D?

Roddy White is still available and so is Chris Johnson (facing the raiders this week and they gave up the 5th most fantasy points to RBs)

Gang

I have St. Louis and Carolinas defense. Kind of a blockade strategy since St. Louis was still available in the latter rounds! (ikr?) 

QB Drew Brees

WR Fitzgerald

WR Keenan Allen

WR DeSean jackson

RB Forte

RB Lacy

TE Gronk

RB Ellington

WR Ty Hilton

WR Colston

QB RG3

K Patrick Murray TB (this was a mistake pick I meant to choose Dallas Cowboys kicker :(

Get rid of one defense. Such a waste of a roster spot.

Gang

QB Drew Brees

WR Fitzgerald

WR Keenan Allen

WR DeSean jackson

RB Forte

RB Lacy

TE Gronk

RB Ellington

WR Ty Hilton

WR Colston

QB RG3

Roddy White is still available and so is Chris Johnson (facing the raiders this week and they gave up the 5th most fantasy points to RBs)

how the hell is roddy white available? Pick him up now if possible

Yup you won't really need a back up to Cam... But out of your selection I'd go with Locker.

Idk about that. Our coach is planning on going run heavy due to Cam's ribs still being hurt. He's wearing a super flak jacket and is being discouraged from scrambling so that might hurt his fantasy numbers.

I'd keep the second D and switch them around for matchups. Assuming based on what you have posted that this is a very shallow league (8 teams?), so there is going to be depth on the wire all year.

Do you think roddy or CJ could finish the year in the top 10 at their position? I don't. I see them as pretty reliable vets, and you already have a team full of pretty reliable players.

I am just a fan of the second defense because it is the easiest position to play matchups on. If every week you have a top 10 D against a bottom 10 O, that is going to contribute more points to your team in the end than a 5th WR.

But you really can't go wrong either way. There will probably be pretty good defenses on the wire all year too if needed..