Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

Played kaeperdick, Dez, and Rams D. Sat 49ers, Hurns, and Stafford.

Won by 7 with 77 points. One of those weeks were I would have lost to every team in the league except the one I played.

Whatever, it goes the other way too (put up huge numbers and still lose). I'll take the win and run.

Stafford gonna face another tough D next week in Carolina. Gotta believe in your 4th round pick, though, and not overthink things.

Need to find something at RB this week with lacy a Q. Looking at Shonn Greene or Chris Ivory. I have a really high waiver and hate to blow it on low upside guys, though. Might just take the scraps when FA period begins and save it for a guy who inherits a full workload due to injury.

Anyone have insight in the Rams D? I'm carrying them and the niners at the moment, but depending on if Eddie lacy and Jordan Cameron both sit, I might have to cut a D (not ditching kap, Hurns, Gordon, or Ridley, although Ridley may get cut eventually).

Rams have Arizona and the Giants in weeks 15 and 16, which makes me want to keep them even if SF is a better D for the next 15 games. Getting toasted by Minnesota isn't a good sign, though.

Should I start LeVeon Bell vs the Ravens this Thursday on a short week... 

OR

Chris Johnson vs the Greenbay Packers sorry defense (Chris Johnson carried the ball 18 times last week vs Raiders while Ivory carried it 10 times)

I'm pretty sure Bell will get about 20+ touches... 

Anyone have insight in the Rams D? I'm carrying them and the niners at the moment, but depending on if Eddie lacy and Jordan Cameron both sit, I might have to cut a D (not ditching kap, Hurns, Gordon, or Ridley, although Ridley may get cut eventually).

Rams have Arizona and the Giants in weeks 15 and 16, which makes me want to keep them even if SF is a better D for the next 15 games. Getting toasted by Minnesota isn't a good sign, though.

Honestly as great as that defense is, I don't see the Rams doing much offensively, so that defense will be conservatively great, as in maybe a few sacks here and there but nothing like a legendary Baltimore scoring defense or Pittsburgh nothing like them, they'll just be a tired defense come fourth quarter where I expect most teams will end up scoring on the Rams...

The Niners on the other hand do special defensive packages and cause above average turnovers 

I'd drop the Rams for now and worry about those weeks later. Also they were not ready for Patterson at all and defending against AD must've been tiring...

Let me ask the group a question. Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans, Knowshon Moreno and Darren Sproles for AP. Would you take it?

I do like the Moreno in there, but I haven't seen him carry a strong healthy productive season... Last year was decent. but over someone like AD? naw..

Don't trade AP.  Benjamin is the best player on that list, but I doubt you have 3 other roster spots you are willing to drop.  I'd maybe try to get Benjamin and a better RB than Moreno.  Don't get suckered in by 1 good week out of him.

For the Rams D, I think the point was made above.  As good as their pass rush is, they will be on the field A LOT this season and will inevitably get scored on.  Not enough big play potential from the secondary to make up for it.  I'd stick with the 49ers who will be getting some studs back later in the season.

I probably should've clarified haha. I have AP.

Yeah, same point then, just the reverse. You want to have 1 reliable backup at WR and RB at least but other than that, get your value into your starting lineup. Unless you completely biffed on your draft, it's doubtful you could even get all those guys in as starters.

Vincent jackson or Mark Ingram?

V Jax.

Ingram had 13 touches and Jackson had 9 targets. With that small of a workload for Ingram, you need to see a bit more out of him to make sure he can make them count. I think that was probably the biggest game he has all year from a fantasy perspective (maybe easily).

Vincent jackson or Mark Ingram?

I'd go with VJax.  Ingarm is kind of unpredictable in that three headed backfield, although I do like how he's been running this year.  I also came by this stat today from Adam Pfiefer in regards to Jackson's matchup, "Opposing WR1 has either scored or posted 100 yards in 13 of last 17 vs STL." VJax can be scary since he's often times boon or bust, but I think he's still more reliable than Ingram. I'm going with VJax in my DraftKings lineup - he's grossly undervalued.

I probably should've clarified haha. I have AP.

that's what I figured

Hey gang, should I start Carolinas defense against Detroit Lions? or St Louis against Tampa Bay? I don't trust St Louis offense to do much which means a tired defense for St Louis come 4th QTR but do I trust Carolina's defense to be dominant against Detroit (mini New Orleans) offense?