Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

One of my leagues starts 2 RB with 1 Flex (return yds and PPR) I've stocked up on RB depth, help me choose three from the following:

L. Bell (PITT)

Z. Stacy (STL)

CJ Spiller (BUFF)

C. Johnson (NYJ)

R. Jennings (NYG)

D. Woodhead (SD)

Thinking of starting the first 3 as Spiller has been doing well with return yds. BUT Jennings is going up against a fairly soft HOU D (JJ Watt aside) Thoughts? 

Bell and Stacy for sure.  I think Jennings is a good start at flex.  As a Giants fan, I fully expect JJ Swat to fuck up Eli's day significantly.  If they are smart they will lean on Rashad and throw a bunch of screens and shorts passes to him as well.

What are your guys philosophies on starting your defense when you have players facing that team?

Helps if the defense plays later. If ahead, it's perfect. Covers all bases. If behind, you need to go a different route.

If both play at 1 on Sunday, just a feel. Unless I had 3 players going against the D or at

Least a QB and a high profile WR/RB I wouldn't worry about it.

ok so what would you do.

i have alfred blue on my bench and bernard peirce in my flex.  if arian foster is a no go do i put in blue?

ok so alfred blue or pierre thomas????  i absolutely hate the new orleans back field.  no consistency.

Thomas should get more touches with Ingram out. But Blue is def gonna get more touches. New Orleans more scoring opportunites I feel though

yeah I'm not gonna drop him, I'll wait til he warms up, even then! I've got LeVeon Bell + Forte, didn't wanna start Bell vs Carolina's D though, nor Forte against NYJ, wasn't wise to start Lacy against Detroit either, took a risk though since it was a rivalry game...

Oh man and everytime I start Gates vs Gronk they are so far on teh opposite ends for me, who do you think will be the most consistent all year? Today Gates had one reception...

Lions have one of the best run defenses in the nfl, same with seattle and the jets have been good against the run over the years. The packers havent had the easiest start, but if you dont know that about the teams theyve faced I guess it's easy to perceive lacys start as a slump.

Lions have one of the best run defenses in the nfl, same with seattle and the jets have been good against the run over the years. The packers havent had the easiest start, but if you dont know that about the teams theyve faced I guess it's easy to perceive lacys start as a slump.

I definitely don't think he is going to live up to the first round pick this year. He's on the sidelines a lot for Starks, and not just on 3rd downs. He sat for entire drives against the Lions it seemed like. Fumbling doesn't help his case.

I'd still easily give him a 2nd-3rd round grade from here out, though.

Advice please...

I want to trade N. Foles (I have Brees) and need a RB. Any suggestions on who I should target?

Lacy is out of the question. A. Foster and J. Charles are possibilities.

You wanna trade a solid, top 5 fantasy QB for your choice of banged up RB's? Really?

You wanna trade a solid, top 5 fantasy QB for your choice of banged up RB's? Really?

Jamal Charles has won a lot of fantasy leagues the last 2 years. Banged up or not, he's got more value than Foles at the moment. There are a lot of good QBs out there and he already has the 2nd best in the league.

Advice please...

I want to trade N. Foles (I have Brees) and need a RB.  Any suggestions on who I should target?

Lacy is out of the question.  A. Foster and J. Charles are possibilities.

I'd grab Charles for Foles, like Lebowski said JC has a lot of value, especially since you've already got a great qb.

Advice, gf's team just lost Pitta, on the wire is J.Cook, Fleener, and Donnell (NYG). I'm not too thrilled with any but it could be much worse. Cook seems like the best option, just worried about the QB situation in St. Louis. Fleener is super high risk/inconsistent, and Donnell shows promise but isn't proven, I like that he seems like a dump off for Eli but again no proven consistency. TE's don't matter much obviously but she has a need. Any opinions?

Jamal Charles has won a lot of fantasy leagues the last 2 years. Banged up or not, he's got more value than Foles at the moment. There are a lot of good QBs out there and he already has the 2nd best in the league.

Maybe the scoring is different in your league but Brees is #11 in fantasy value thus far in my league. And as for Jamaal, high ankle sprains ain't to be fucked with. Knile is getting the job done so there's no reason for Andy Reid to rush JC back on the field before he's 100%. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Advice, gf's team just lost Pitta, on the wire is J.Cook, Fleener, and Donnell (NYG). I'm not too thrilled with any but it could be much worse. Cook seems like the best option, just worried about the QB situation in St. Louis. Fleener is super high risk/inconsistent, and Donnell shows promise but isn't proven, I like that he seems like a dump off for Eli but again no proven consistency. TE's don't matter much obviously but she has a need. Any opinions?

Donnell for sure, he's got above avg chemistry with Sheli

yeah I just didn't want to start Bell against Carolina with the way Pittsburgh has been playing but there was so much yellow in that crowd I couldn't tell it was a Panthers home game. 

It was either Lacy against Det or Bell against Carolina or Forte against NYJ... We'll see how GB does against Chicago next week. I think last year was just GB leaning on Lacy and selling out on the run without Aaron Rodgers. I though his yards would be down through the first three games but I was sure he'd be thee red zone beast this year.