Sgt. Pepper Identification Help

IndiaA99

Alright, so I'm new here, so if I'm not supposed to post this here, I'm really sorry.

But anyways, I got a Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band vinyl album, and I'm having trouble identifying which press it is. There's a code on the top right of the back that reads 'PCP 7027'. It's also an LP. I've looked on Discogs, but nothing there perfectly matches up with the album cover and vinyl.

It says it's printed by Garrod and Lofthouse, and the Parlophone and EMI labels are displayed on the back cover. If you open the cover there's the popular picture of all four Beatles with their Sgt. Pepper outfits in front of a yellow background. It also has a cardboard cutout sheet with Sgt. Pepper on it.

The record itself has two EMI boxed labels, and is silver and black. On side one it says YEX. 637, and on side 2 it says YEX. 638. The writing around it starts with EMI Records Ltd. At the bottom, under all of the songs it says 'Northern Songs. NCB' on both sides.

In the dead wax, on side 1, in counterclockwise direction, it reads

YEX 637-3

CH

HTM

On side 2, in counterclockwise direction, it reads

YEX 638-3

HTM

TR

Which pressing is this? I'm pretty sure it's from 1973, but that's all I could find out for sure.

late 70s, 6th pressing based on matrix numbers. also i doubt it says PCP 7027 and rather PCS 7027

Could you let us know where exactly you got this info from. To help others identify other Beatles pressings they might have?

You've helped this gent out nicely, but if we have a URL we could send others to it would help greatly.

Also, the Beatles fucking rule. And I'd take 100 Beatles threads over 5 brand new threads any day of the week

For the record, I wasn't concerned about the question itself, just that this was another in a seeming trend of 1 post 1 question accounts. At least this one wasn't necessarily value based, as most of them have been.

Vinyl Collective must show up every time someone types "how much are these old records I found worth?"

At least this thread has details and the Op actually took some time to put everything down!

Could you let us know where exactly you got this info from. To help others identify other Beatles pressings they might have?

You've helped this gent out nicely, but if we have a URL we could send others to it would help greatly.

Also, the Beatles fucking rule. And I'd take 100 Beatles threads over 5 brand new threads any day of the week

Over here the record collector magazine quite often publishes identification features for the various Beatles pressings.

I expect these are available on line and there are a few websites dedicated to the pressings of bands like the Beatles and Floyd that can be found with a little searching.

But yes agreed for any LP's from the period that were pressed in such huge numbers it can be nightmare getting definitive info.

I have a couple of issues of old Record Collector price guides I use that give pressing info or I do a lot of web research and you soon learn where the good info is.

Normally I have a bit of a don't educate the mugs rule but with this sort of subject I always feel the more info out there the better as it stops some of the really misguided trying to sell 80's re presses as 1st pressings or buggering up the Discogs entries to make them fit what they are trying to sell.