PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

Thankfully the pressings DO NOT sound like shit (at least not S/T, which is the only one I have). It actually sounds pretty incredible. However, these guys are definitely in over their heads. I foresee a lot of free records (Tatom, sergeantcruffy) as well as angry customers who don't get what they actually paid for. The whole thing is just a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if 3EB really regrets not sticking with Enjoy the Ride by the time the dust settles.

You can add me to the list of cancelled box sets, and receiving shipping notifications on them.

What's with all the down votes up in here?

Someone's just had a shitty day, I presume, so they're taking it out the best way they know how: on a bunch of strangers on a message board, anonymously.  We've got some real tough guys around these here parts.

No confirmation on the international front, anyone else from EU or otherwise got theirs? It wouldn't surprise me if those that cancelled ended up getting their copies, and some others who paid got stuffed! #jenkins.

you mean shipping confirmations? i ordered the s/t and got a shipping confirmation on sunday with a working usps tracking number

Um, I know everyone here "hates" #jenkins but to the ones that are supposedly going to get this box, even though you received a PayPal refund, are you guys going to return it or what? Because what happens to the honest fan who ordered it and can't get it because stuff like this happened?

Ummm

Think im gunna open a pay pal dispute tomorrow if it doesnt ship, I can play crazy at this game too, What an absolute joke and rip of this box set was. I bet the pressings sound like shit anyways.

So... the moment people start posting about getting shipping notifications left and right (I personally got mine around 6 am this morning) is when you hit your breaking point? None of these are behind schedule (it's still within their promised week for shipping), and there are multiple postings here about the high quality of the pressings.

If you thought it was such a rip off, why did you order it in the first place and what kept you from cancelling or starting a dispute weeks ago? Sounds to me like you heard some folks are accidentally getting their cancelled orders filled and you want in on the action (which, at this point, is fraud).

???

You know what I mean, other than the hundred flipperers, there's got to be some legitimate fans that are gonna get screwed? Right... Right?

I see your point, my brain just doesn't work this way.

I'd just enjoy my free boxset. People that I don't know and will never meet who like 3EB don't mean anything to me.

Um, I know everyone here "hates" #jenkins but to the ones that are supposedly going to get this box, even though you received a PayPal refund, are you guys going to return it or what? Because what happens to the honest fan who ordered it and can't get it because stuff like this happened?

I don't think anyone who ordered a box set is not going to get one. Either way, call me a dick if you want, but if the box set does show up and my house, I will be keeping and enjoying it.

Well, I would consider those who jumped on the box set preorder immediately an honest fan. I've been waiting for a repress of this for a while, so I immediately bought one.  Then to find out that they were releasing the albums individually a day or two later was bullshit.  I tried all channels of properly cancelling my order, sending an email to 3EB shop, calling the number they had listed on Paypal.  Then finally when I gave up hope of these dickwads giving my money back, I opened up a Paypal dispute.  They had like a total of 25 days or something to write some form of response.  They gave me nothing.  Paypal had to freeze MY money in THEIR account, and finaly give it back to me after a near month long wait.  That shows me that these guys dont give a shit.  So you know what? I dont give a shit either, and when/if I get my "cancelled" box set, I will sit back and thank #JENKINS and Co. for being a bunch of dumbasses who dont know (or dont care...) how to run a web store for their bands merchandise.

I understand the complaints, and I am not questioning "True Fan" Status nor am I calling any names. I just am concerned that there are items (box, S/T cover color, 10"EP etc.) that you can't get anywhere else and isn't this limited to 500? I mean I understand "customer service made you guys mad", but it doesn't mean you guys are right. I mean, what if a VC'er gets screwed? For the record, I didn't order this.

I understand the complaints, and I am not questioning "True Fan" Status nor am I calling any names. I just am concerned that there are items (box, S/T cover color, 10"EP etc.) that you can't get anywhere else and isn't this limited to 500? I mean I understand "customer service made you guys mad", but it doesn't mean you guys are right. I mean, what if a VC'er gets screwed? For the record, I didn't order this.

I still don't understand why you think people who ordered this will not be receiving it. Basically, I think 3EB just doesn't realize that PayPal refunded some people, hence why they are getting shipped a set. I have absolutely no reason to believe that after PayPal credited my account, Third Eye Blind resold my box set to someone else, but shipped it to me anyway.

I still don't understand why you think people who ordered this will not be receiving it. Basically, I think 3EB just doesn't realize that PayPal refunded some people, hence why they are getting shipped a set. I have absolutely no reason to believe that after PayPal credited my account, Third Eye Blind resold my box set to someone else, but shipped it to me anyway.

You mean like they are producing more copies? Overrun 500+ ?

People have had plenty of opportunity to order these. They were up for a few days, and have come back into stock occasionally over the past month.

I think the more valid question is whether the band would have grounds to go after folks for the full amount after they realize their mistake, or even simply demand they return it. I feel like the folks who cancelled prior to shipping, the band would have a tough time justifying that given their failure to respond to repeated cancellation requests and paypal disputes.

Now folks who have filed claims since the box sets began shipping would likely be in a different boat, since they are knowingly trying to defraud the band.

You mean like they are producing more copies? Overrun 500+ ?

No, not at all.

I mean they sold 500 copies. Paypal credited an unknown amount of people back for their orders. Let's say 20 for arguments sake. So, Third Eye Blind is still sending out all 500 boxes, but basically they're only getting paid for 480 of them, or at least that's what I assume is happening. There is no information that would suggest otherwise.