PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

still hoping for individual issues, all i really want is s/t.

i'd like blue too, but not nearly as bad as their first.

Guess I'm not totally up on what's going on with them, but they have S/T and Blue reissues on their website still.  They're $35 each (HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!), but still, they're there.  Anyone's guess on whether or not you'll actually get them if you order.

Guess I'm not totally up on what's going on with them, but they have S/T and Blue reissues on their website still.  They're $35 each (HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!), but still, they're there.  Anyone's guess on whether or not you'll actually get them if you order.

yeah that price is ridiculous. i possibly love s/t enough to pay that much, but not for blue.

that price for one album is outrageous, but also fair considering what OPs have been selling for.

just seems irresponsible considering my financial situation regardless.

what a pickle, eh?

Finally these box-sets are starting to arrive internationally. Picked mine up this afternoon (#180/500), though had to pay £37 VAT, :/ 

Other than a few superficial seem splits I'm fairly happy. The quality of the jackets leaves much to be desired, but the vinyl and box are wicked nice.

Btw, have I been stiffed, obviously the original release of UM was clear w/ black splatter, then I notice most box-set holders have had black w/ white splatter, mine is clear w/ red/grey splatter? Anyone else have this variant, I notice a few people on instagram have this one, and they don't seem to be box-set holders.

2co5shi.jpg

thats not the box set variant...but it looks fantastic!

Cheers, thought as much. Meh, mildly annoyed but I'm going to cut my losses, complaining about it would be about as much use as pissing in the wind, especially with the hassle if I ask for the box-set variant and they ask for mine back. I'm never going to sell the box-set, the music is what matters, and in any case this variant does indeed look pretty great!

After ordering s/t in early November and not receiving it by Christmas (though I still got 'Blue'), I tried emailing the 3eb store and messaging the band's Twitter to find out what's going on & when I can expect my record. No luck. This morning, PayPal ruled my claim in my favour and refunded $40 to my account.

I'm glad not to have lost all that money, but what should I do now? Order another one and if it doesn't arrive, hope to get my money back 2.5 months later? Fuck this.

Finally these box-sets are starting to arrive internationally. Picked mine up this afternoon (#180/500), though had to pay £37 VAT, :/

Other than a few superficial seem splits I'm fairly happy. The quality of the jackets leaves much to be desired, but the vinyl and box are wicked nice.

Btw, have I been stiffed, obviously the original release of UM was clear w/ black splatter, then I notice most box-set holders have had black w/ white splatter, mine is clear w/ red/grey splatter? Anyone else have this variant, I notice a few people on instagram have this one, and they don't seem to be box-set holders.

2co5shi.jpg

Damnit. Now I have to track this down.

Damnit. Now I have to track this down.

I've got it (signed by Stephan and Brad, I think this whole pressing was, though).  Picked it up when they were on tour this winter.  Been toying around with selling it.  If you really want it, let me know.  I'm not too serious about getting rid of it, but may.

Problem is there is a seam split (about 1" long) along the top.  Guess driving around the country is pretty tough on record jackets.

I'm glad not to have lost all that money, but what should I do now? Order another one and if it doesn't arrive, hope to get my money back 2.5 months later? Fuck this.

Might be worth giving it another shot.. I waited till early Jan to order a single copy of S/T and it went really smoothly, perhaps they sorted their shit out after the initial clusterfuck in December?

Might be worth giving it another shot.. I waited till early Jan to order a single copy of S/T and it went really smoothly, perhaps they sorted their shit out after the initial clusterfuck in December?

I chose not to re-order, but customer service emailed me today, saying they just shipped a copy via FedEx this time. The tracking link seems to work, so I'm optimistic.

Has anyone else not received there 3eb limited box set yet? I pre ordered Nov. 12th and still nothing! It says the order is unfulfilled, can't get a return email, call or tweet. Paypal says they can't do anything since its been 45+ days. I've tweeted Stephan from the band but still nothing! Sounds like I got ripped off, anyone got any suggestions? I paid via paypal funds:(

There's nothing much you can really do except keep emailing [email protected] .

Politeness goes a very long way, I received replies to all 5 of my emails between November -> Jan before I received my box-set on Jan 23rd. State your order number, your grievance (no box-set no tracking number), reiterate the country of delivery (international orders only went out recently, maybe your country hasn't been posted to yet).

Dealing with customer service 101: don't be a dick, otherwise the dude on the other end won't be enthused to help you.

• 4 weeks later...

Just fyi if anyone is on the fence about buying Self-Titled it's down to less then 70 copies (3eb announced this the other day). I bought one like two weeks ago and received it about 5 days later, so maybe they stepped up their game in shipping things out? 

Thanks man, finally took the plunge on s/t and Blue. $82 later. :-( Better not be anything really good coming out soon cuz I need to take a sabbatical from record buying.