Kickstarter: Funeral Diner - The Underdark reissue

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/893216632/funeral-diner-the-underdark-vinyl-reissue

"This is a project by the members of Funeral Diner and Repeater Records to repress the long out of print and influential screamo/hardcore album Funeral Diner "The Underdark" on vinyl with a digital download. This LP has been out of print since 2005. The repress will be on gray vinyl with original artwork on a cardstock cover."

very cool.

This is Repeater Records. We intend to repress and preserve some of the amazing punk/hardcore records that have changed our lives which have gone out of press or have become lost in the dustbins of punk obscurity

- this sounds promising, can't wait for other great stuff.

This is how more Kickstarter campaigns should be.  The pricing is fair and the goal is reasonable.  I'll back this one for those reasons and the fact that the album is solid.  It also makes me realize that it's probably been 5 or 6 years since I've listened to it.  I'll have to remedy that today.

• 2 weeks later...

$15 is much better than the ~$30 it seems to be going for lately. A lot of the older screamo stuff seems to be going for a lot lately which baffles me. It seems to be kids that are into the "wave" crap, but that stuff just sounds like some kind of melodic hardcore to me for the most part.

Hopefully, they'll try to reissue something like Gospel or City of Caterpillar next. That would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, I'm going to be irked if this doesn't happen.

Hi there,

This is a message from Kickstarter Support. We're writing to inform you that a project you backed, Funeral Diner "The Underdark" Vinyl Reissue, is the subject of an intellectual property dispute.

The project has been removed from public view until the dispute is resolved, which can take up to 30 days. The project’s funding and the countdown to its deadline have been stopped. If the project becomes available again, the countdown will continue and the new deadline will extend past the original deadline for as much time as the project was unavailable. You can find out more by reading our Copyright Policy and our Trademark Policy.

Original deadline: Tuesday Jan 7, 8:10pm EST
Time remaining if project becomes available: 29 days

Your pledge is currently still active. If you’d like to manage your pledge or reach out to the creator directly, you can still do so through the project page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/893216632/funeral-diner-the-underdark-vinyl-reissue?ref=email

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation,

Kickstarter

Ugh, I'm going to be irked if this doesn't happen.

Dangit, Bobby.

I'm really curious as to what happened. I guess things were worded a bit odd, but I was attributing that to maybe lack of experience in write ups. Don't want to assume anything, though. We'll see..

Why would this happen?  They have the master tapes so they clearly have the support of the band and original producers....

Having the master tapes doesn't mean that they have the rights to what's on those tapes.  I think it's fairly uncommon that it happens, but it's not unheard of (e.g. : some Built to Spill master tapes were sold on Etsy earlier this month, but the rights to them were not).