Oldies.com HUGE clearance

:(

you tweeted me, is that private?

I @replied you, meaning only people who follow both of us will receive it.  I can't DM you, since you don't follow me, and I blocked you on FB a long time ago - so yes, that's literally the most private way I can reach out to you.  Tried to be as polite as possible.

That's my issue. The insane sense of entitlement here/in that article.

Oldies took nothing away from you. They are giving you a refund for what they couldn't send you.

Stock room receives over 1000 orders. 3 people usually handle picking and order fulfillment. Well shit what do we do? Send 4 more people down there. How are we gonna do this? Divide the orders into piles, hand a pile to each person to pick. Orders get sent out, out of order. Either way, the majority of us weren't getting that Low record or whatever record too many of us ordered.

The way I see it, they could've done it way A. Which was giving 7 people a pile of orders who could independently go through the warehouse and pick the orders

OR

B. take the time to hand the 7 people orders 1 by one in the order they were received.

Way A. Sounds more time efficient, and when you're flooded with orders I do not blame them for going that route.

Go work retail for a few months appleby.

That's my issue. The insane sense of entitlement here/in that article.

Oldies took nothing away from you. They are giving you a refund for what they couldn't send you.

Stock room receives over 1000 orders. 3 people usually handle picking and order fulfillment. Well shit what do we do? Send 4 more people down there. How are we gonna do this? Divide the orders into piles, hand a pile to each person to pick. Orders get sent out, out of order. Either way, the majority of us weren't getting that Low record or whatever record too many of us ordered.

The way I see it, they could've done it way A. Which was giving 7 people a pile of orders who could independently go through the warehouse and pick the orders

OR

B. take the time to hand the 7 people orders 1 by one in the order they were received.

Way A. Sounds more time efficient, and when your flooded with orders I do not blame them for going that route.

Go work retail for a few months appleby.

I've said this multiple times - issue wasn't that they couldn't deliver orders.  The issue was they didn't even contact customers about it.  Everyone here knew about it because of this thread - meanwhile, I didn't find out my order wasn't being fulfilled until Jason Tate let me know about all the issues - I don't regularly visit VC, so I had no idea.

I don't want freebies or anything from Oldies - I just would have expected the company at least let customers know about it.  Even their official statement was posted here, and nowhere else.

And my career is in customer service (social media), and I have worked retail.  The situation was handled poorly.  Let's move on.

I've said this multiple times - issue wasn't that they couldn't deliver orders.  The issue was they didn't even contact customers about it.  Everyone here knew about it because of this thread - meanwhile, I didn't find out my order wasn't being fulfilled until Jason Tate let me know about all the issues - I don't regularly visit VC, so I had no idea.

I don't want freebies or anything from Oldies - I just would have expected the company at least let customers know about it.  Even their official statement was posted here, and nowhere else.

And my career is in customer service (social media), and I have worked retail.  The situation was handled poorly.  Let's move on.

You still should have looked into it before you made a whiney post on AP. 

I've said this multiple times - issue wasn't that they couldn't deliver orders.  The issue was they didn't even contact customers about it.  

Why did they need to contact customers? Orders went out in a timely manner as did refunds. Some people just have no patience. 

Also (oops triple post I keep seeing more things I want to respond to) I wouldn't even call that an official statement, it was people from the company posting in a place that supported their business a lot. sounds like going above and beyond to me.

You still should have looked into it before you made a whiney post on AP. 

...what did I not look into?  Here's the exact post:

We recently posted about Oldies.com's vinyl clearance sale, but it appears most customers are only receiving partial orders, if anything at all. Customers received shipping confirmations with no notice of changed orders, receiving whatever pieces of their order the site could deliver on. It appears users are being refunded , or are in the process of being refunded, though many have not received any updates. Some customers seem pleased to receive their partial orders at the discount, while others have sworn never to purchase again - which side do you fall on?

Yeah, I don't understand it either. It appears that just because everyone knows a customer service rep, we should just excuse a horrible customer experience.

The laughable part is that I'm being called the bad guy for reporting on it.

I guess next time Pizza Hut delivers the wrong pizza, I'll go to r/pizza to receive my refund.

We recently posted about Oldies.com's vinyl clearance sale, but it appears most customers are only receiving partial orders, if anything at all. Customers received shipping confirmations with no notice of changed orders, receiving whatever pieces of their order the site could deliver on. It appears users are being refunded , or are in the process of being refunded, though many have not received any updates. Some customers seem pleased to receive their partial orders at the discount, while others have sworn never to purchase again - which side do you fall on?

yay comments

If you were a professional, you would have contacted the company for a comment instead of posting a pretty meaningless post that appears to only be there to whine/stir up some sort of backlash against Oldies. 

This is the stupidest fucking argument I have read at least in the past year.  Stop giving Jack unnecessary shit for a news post that wasn't even that bitchy.  Jack, stop feeding the trolls.  Everyone just shut the fuck up and listen to the records you paid like 6 bucks each for.