try cleaning it. I've had to clean EOTS and Dude Ranch now because of leftover residue from the pressing plant causing some noise. Dry cleaning won't work, but with a cleaning solution and a brush it helped immensely. Might save you the hassle of having to return it!

I'm glad someone else is making this suggestion in here. Maybe I only made it in the Cake thread...didn't want to repeat myself though.

Just hoping someone has an extra Dude Ranch at one of their stores that they'd give me for cost. So pissed. I'll be calling the three nearest stores around me tomorrow to find out what I can do. Each store is about a 25 minute drive.

Also, warping shouldn't really affect pitch...maybe you need a new belt, dude.

I'm glad someone else is making this suggestion in here. Maybe I only made it in the Cake thread...didn't want to repeat myself though.

I'll repeat myself as much as necessary :) I make it a habit to wipe down any record before play. Just because a record comes sealed doesn't mean the disc has never been exposed to anything that could affect it. I've had new records sound worse than a 10 year old record upon first play for me because of some schmutz on thurr

Just hoping someone has an extra Dude Ranch at one of their stores that they'd give me for cost. So pissed. I'll be calling the three nearest stores around me tomorrow to find out what I can do. Each store is about a 25 minute drive.

There are like 3 at my store, if nobody's offered yet, I'll see what I can do!

There are like 3 at my store, if nobody's offered yet, I'll see what I can do!

Thanks so much.

And as for cleaning, this thing is bouncing like a pony on a Dude Ranch. It's ridiculous. I'll try to sort out the warp somehow tomorrow but the distortion of the guitar in almost all of the songs is insane. 

Thanks so much.

And as for cleaning, this thing is bouncing like a pony on a Dude Ranch. It's ridiculous. I'll try to sort out the warp somehow tomorrow but the distortion of the guitar in almost all of the songs is insane. 

With the cleaning thing he was referring to RockinOutWarped's post, not yours. You can try to sort out the warping in different ways, but cleaning it isn't going to do shit in regards to that.

Get yourself a record clamp if it isn't terribly warped, return it if it is too warped, and you think you can either live without one/that dude can get you one.

I myself need to invest in a record clamp, even though (knock on wood) none of my records are really warped enough to bother with one so far.

So I finally got the rest of these cleared so I figured I'd put this all in one thread. I'm pretty excited about all of these, they should be pretty cool. These will all be available in select Hot Topic stores and on www.hottopic.com. These street dates are all tenative. I'll update this thread as we get closer to each release and let you know if anything has changed. Don't ask about Dogs Eating Dogs, I have no idea if or when that will ever get pressed.

Take Off Your Pants and Jacket LP - Not too long ago Hot Topic had an exclusive pressing of TOYPAJ LP on clear vinyl with red, green and yellow splatter limited to 2000 copies. This sold out quite a while ago online but there's still some copies floating around Hot Topic stores.

Self-Titled 2xLP  - (there's already a thread for this one on here) clear vinyl with pink and green splatter with the smiley face logo etched on the D-side limited to 2000 copies. This one has been bumped back a couple weeks and should now be available around early December.Right now it's looking like a 12/24 street date.

These are updated as of 5/14/14 with new TENTATIVE release dates so these might change again. If anything else gets bumped I'll update the thread

The Mark, Tom and Travis How 2xLP - clear vinyl with pink, green and blue splatter limited to 2700 copies available 3/11/14

Buddha LP - clear vinyl w/ baby blue and green splatter limited to 2000 available 5/27/14

Enema of the State LP - clear vinyl with red and blue splatter limited to 2700 copies available 5/13/14

Buddha LP - clear vinyl w/ baby blue and green splatter limited to 2000 available 5/27/14

Dude Ranch LP - clear vinyl with orange and brown splatter limited to 2700 copies available 6/3/14

Greatest Hits 2xLP - clear vinyl with black and silver splatter limited to 3000 copies available 6/10/14 (available online the following week)

Cheshire Cat LP - clear vinyl with blue and yellow splatter limited to 2700 copies available 7/1/14 (will likely get bumped back a bit)

Neighborhoods 2xLP - clear vinyl with black and white splatter limited to 2700 copies available 8/5/14 (this could possibly get bumped a little as well, I'll know more as get closer to 8/5)

We are doing the double gatefold that the original release had so this one will be $29.50

Represses

Working on a S/T 2xLP splatter repress that is tentatively scheduled to be available around 7/8

Working on a TOYPAJ LP splatter repress, I'll post more info on that as I get it.

I just woke up and I realize it's 6 in the morning right now but let me get this clear....are there really people complaining that they're mad that these are going to continue to be repressed and won't be as limited? Jesus, get a life you nerds.

My Dude Ranch came horribly warped. So sad. Anyone have any at their nearest Hot Topic, please? Ridiculous. Tom sounds like a mouse. And some songs are barely listenable.

EDIT: I just opened it today, hence why I'm just now posting about it.

Isn't that how tom always sounds.

Thanks Travis. I bought these so my kids kids could have a college education, but now... now I'm left with worthless vinyl discs that have all these little grooves that no one knows how to work. Thanks for nothing. Thanks for nothing Travis.

What's next? You're going to tell me you might repress other out of print stuff so people can "have a chance to own it." Is anything sacred to you?! Huh?! ANYTHING?!

This is the greatest.

I just woke up and I realize it's 6 in the morning right now but let me get this clear....are there really people complaining that they're mad that these are going to continue to be repressed and won't be as limited? Jesus, get a life you nerds.

"I woke up early / stayed up late to order this record. Everyone else should have to make a sacrifice for their copy, too."

"My copy was exclusive and difficult to find, but now it's readily available for everyone at a much lower price. That shit blows."

Remember how everyone was jazzed that these represses were happening?  Travis has been making limited releases available to a broader audience, at a price that most everyone was willing to pay.  I guess that's cool only until specific people get their copies.  And then what? - close the floodgates?  Blonk fans really are a truly special breed.  (Apologies to anyone buying these Blink-182 represses while also keeping a level held on their shoulders.  I know you're out there, and I don't mean to pigeonhole you with this post.)

Obviously it would be frustrating to pay full price for anything and then see it clearanced a week later.  But that's not what's happening here.  We're talking about keeping something readily available for so long that it [theoretically] loses its demand and value in store.  If this in any way erodes your personal value or appreciation for the album in your collection, you're doing it wrong.

These are still "limited", there's just going to be more of them. They won't be in print forever.

Just trying to get these into the hands of people who missed out the first time around.

And a good man you are, Travis. I missed out on the TOYPAJ & S/T splatter, so I needed this lol Thanks again.