Picked up my s/t today and they told me I had 2 records on hold for me. Apparently when I picked up my GH the first time they never marked it off in their system as picked up. So I got my s/t and a free GH! If anyone wants to trade me a unopened Cheshire Cat for a unopened GH Pm me!

I mean, I disagree that it had ANYTHING to do with rising prices. But I do agree you should have been honest.

Anytime a company takes a loss on a product (theft being a major one) that is in high demand raising the price is certainly an option.  I'm not saying this is the sole reason for vinyl prices going up, 'cause it isn't, but I wouldn't say it has NOTHING to do with it.  We've all seen how disorganized hot topic is with their website, plus I know a friend of mine who got a free extra vinyl from HT last time she ordered.  But she called customer service to return it.  I'm sure HT has taken a loss here and there on albums as I'm sure there hasn't been only 2 people that received a free album.  Just my 2 cents though.  Also yes to honesty.

Anytime a company takes a loss on a product (theft being a major one) that is in high demand raising the price is certainly an option. I'm not saying this is the sole reason for vinyl prices going up, 'cause it isn't, but I wouldn't say it has NOTHING to do with it. We've all seen how disorganized hot topic is with their website, plus I know a friend of mine who got a free extra vinyl from HT last time she ordered. But she called customer service to return it. I'm sure HT has taken a loss here and there on albums as I'm sure there hasn't been only 2 people that received a free album. Just my 2 cents though. Also yes to honesty.

I hear ya. I shouldn't have said the word "ANYTHING," but little nonetheless. It has little to do with the rising prices, I think. Now, honestly, I could be wrong.

That is part of the reason they keep increasing the price of records at their store. You should have been honest and told them you already got your record.

Well I probably would have if I was there at the time. I had my sister pick it up for me, because I would never be caught dead in a mall, (let alone a Hot Topic ). In any case she got home and told me they had 2 records on hold for me even though I told her just the S/T. She didn't know I already had it, so she just took it along too. Guess I can always have her return it when my CC gets picked up 

I got lucky and found a single remaining copy of the s/t album a week or so ago. I couldn't believe they still had it. It's my favorite record by Blink, so I'm glad I didn't have to pay resale prices.

Man those went fast.  That's quite a find!  It's almost like finding money (instead of paying for something you want).  Haha!