Just called HT about my double charge and they told me they do this all the time to make sure I have the funds on my card. But this is the first time it has happened to me after a couple years of buying records from them... Something doesn't seem right here. Right now they left me with little money left on my card because of this so I am a little pissed at them for doing this

yes, hot topic holds two charges and once it clears the 2nd will go away. what is weird is that the amounts are always different for me. I THINK it is one is a hold and not the exact amount, then they charge after that and the hold later goes away. not sure why they do it that way but I didn't notice it till I decided to max out a card to get something...

Just called HT about my double charge and they told me they do this all the time to make sure I have the funds on my card. But this is the first time it has happened to me after a couple years of buying records from them... Something doesn't seem right here. Right now they left me with little money left on my card because of this so I am a little pissed at them for doing this

It's not uncommon, or if it is it happens to me too.